NC State Fans…in Turkey?

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Fans…in Turkey?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TopTenPack
    Participant
    PackerInRussia
    Participant

^ That’s a good one.

6 years ago I was in Turkey traveling by bus from Istanbul to the western edge of the country. We were out in the middle of nowhere at a rest stop. I was wearing an NC State shirt. This Turkish guy walks up to me and notices my shirt and asks me about it and I explained that I went there. He said he also went there and studied business or something like that. There was also an owner of a Chili’s restaurant who was an NC State grad. Something about the color red, maybe?

pakfanistan
    Participant

There might be a handful of State fans in Turkey.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

^ There might be a handful of people in Turkey. What do you call one from the town of Turkey? Turkeyite? Turkeyian? Tarkanian?

PackMagic83
    Participant

I’m usually a lurker on the forums, but I couldn’t help but notice that no one mentioned our biggest fan in Turkey – Engin Atsur, who last played for the Pack in 2007. He now plays pro in Turkey, but remember that he was a key player for one of Sidney Lowes’s shining moments – the first win at home against a No. 3 UNX:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=270340152

especially note the multiple 3-pointers in the second half and the 2 clutch 3-frees to win the game.

Some things should never be forgotten. I am not personally associated with anyone who caoched or played in that game, but I was there watching and that game is still one of the high points in the last 30 years of Wolfpack basketball.

PackMagic83
    Participant

I can see that there wasn’t much interest in my throwback reference to “Turkish Scott Wood”, but after last night everyone could use a happy thought with this quote from ORW in the link:

“we got our tails kicked today,” Williams said.”

That never gets old. Hopefully other coaches can line up and use that quote soon in both sports.

PackMagic83
    Participant

Before I walk away from thiw post, I wanted to clarify that the quote was not in reference to the game last night. Also I meant to type that hopefully coaches from other schools can use that quote after getting beat by us in both football and basketball soon.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.