NC State @ Cheats | ACC Network

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State @ Cheats | ACC Network

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 537 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

NC State basketball hasn’t won in Chapel Hill since the 1800’s. This team stands as good a chance as any to change that tonight. Go Pack GoPack game s
    [See the full post at: NC State @ Cheats | ACC Network]

wufpup76
    Keymaster

For anyone reading that’s not in any part of snowy NC, even my folks are getting some snow down at the coast – so I felt ok about the ‘wolves on the hunt in snow’ pic. I sure as sh*t hope our basketball wolves are on the hunt tonight.

If you’re on the road today, be safe (yes, even the cheat fans 😉 ).

WolfBlood86
    Participant

1800s? What about Feb. 25, 2003?

4in12
    Participant

… hasn’t won in Chapel Hill since the 1800’s.

I believe you’re thinking about Clemson.

4in12
    Participant

I line in Maryland (DC metro area) and once again the game is not on local TV. We’re being treated to Syracuse/ND. ESPN3 blacks out the feed because the game is available even though it isn’t picked up. I’m going to try TuneIn Radio so I can at least listen. Has anyone used that app before?

lawful
    Participant

When it’s been 12 years…he has every right to be sarcastic. Please shock the hell out of me tonight. Please?

44rules
    Participant

I’ve used the Tunein app a lot. Seems to work fairly well. Occasionally I use the website on my computer instead of the phone app. The website works less well than the app.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

44rules
    Participant

but hey, it’s free.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

BassPacker
    Participant

Any chance they could do like the snowy UNC/Duke game and cancel tonites game? Roads are pretty bad here south of Raleigh.

DC_wolf
    Participant

Great pic. & don’t wolves prefer lamb / sheep?

Beat the TAR outta them HOLES

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Over a decade’s worth of ignominious defeats in one place – it feels like a lifetime since a win there. Please take the ‘1800’s’ quip how it was intended – jokingly.

It might not feel that way if we hadn’t been obliterated there nearly every season since 2003. That will hopefully change ~ 10pm-ish tonight.

TheCOWDOG

First Row Sports is streaming it.

choppack1
    Participant

no way we get a fair shake tonight. The screwjobs in 2013 (acc semifinal game) and last year were 1972 Olympic men’s basketball level…horribly unfair.
    Like a crooked boxing match – we have to knock them out…. If it comes down to a decision, in the immortal words of bobby Knight..”lay back and enjoy it.”72 Olympic men’s basketball level…horribly unfair.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The one time I couldn’t get a local broadcast, streaming on theacc.com worked just fine and dandy (in Raleigh, no less – the UVA/VPI game that was surprisingly close).

Tau837
    Participant

^Like the 72 Olympics reference

pack_time
    Participant

Marcus Paige questionable for tonight’s game there is now more than -20% for us to win.

13OT
    Participant

Maybe we Triangle-area fans should be upset that our local ACC affiliates aren’t carrying the Syracuse-Notre Dame game instead.

As for the 2003 win in the Dean Dome, that was a sloppy win against as bad a UNC team as I’ve ever seen; everybody seemed to beat them there that year, excepting Clemson, of course. I think Matt Doherty’s team finished 8-20.

Anyway, tonight’s game will produce two almost certain things- the Food Lion lion giving his two cents worth, and the Wolfpack going something like 4-24 from behind the arc en route to getting the hell beat out of them.

JasonP
    Participant

choppack1 for the win.

Any lead under 20 with more than a minute to play should not be considered comfortable.

Knock out is the only way.

Texpack
    Participant

The game is on local TV in Houston tonight. I of course am in Mobilehoma and will rely on ESPN3.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Last decade, they swept them 2 years in a row. There was the year they were terrible and everyone (except Clemson who still managed to lose by 20) beat them. That was awesome. That was the year Kris Lang was like their best player. The next year, in Chapel Hill, they hit 100% of their free throws (at least in regulation if my memory serves me correctly) and took them into OT, but still squeaked it out. That team was the future national championship team.

choppack1
    Participant

What does it say when you dread a game? Not because you’re opponent will simply take it to you but that you don’t think your squad will be allowed to win.

Yes – I have thought of asking the doc for Zoloft or an equivalent just for games like these. I guess its good to have these problems – we could be Christians in Syria or Iraq.

BJD95
    Keymaster

^ Zoloft doesn’t help on a “one off” basis. You have to take that every day for weeks before it builds in your bloodstream. It takes my edge off, imagine what a miserable bastard I must be unmedicated LMAO.

Xanax (aka “Vitamin X”) is what you want for one-time stress events. Your trans-Atlantic plane flights, divorce proceedings, visits to the Hole, etc.

The More You Know…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m going to go out on a limb here and predict bitter disappointment in a game we “coulda” won.

BJD95
    Keymaster

If we are gonna lose, I almost hope they just come out and beat us comfortably (say, by 8-10, not a murdering). I can’t take a heartbreaking/rogering that keeps me up until 3 am.

I would bet the mortgage money that Paige plays and is fine.

lawful
    Participant

That’s not going out on a limb. That’s the most likely scenario.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 537 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.