NC State Basketball Update

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Basketball Update

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

Johnny Thomas Packfanistan – from Greensboro Day School…he had 2 major knee injuries and was thought to be done…now he is playing for the globe trotters. thanks for linking.

I thought you meant Jimmy V recruit Harold Thompson.

Regarding bi-polarity – of course State fans are. You can’t say everything works out in the end because as this year shows – it certainly doesn’t. And let’s just say that our “highs” haven’t exactly been earth shattering the last few decades.

That kind of yo-yoing between utter disaster and mediocrity does lend itself to the “when is the anvil” going to fall on my head mindset.

Texpack
    Participant

Either Johnson would be great, we need depth at both positions

True, but it would be nice to have a big Johnson on the squad.

In case of injuries it would be nice to have Johnson & Johnson.

The Stormin’ Mormom would be the one I’d want the most if we could only have one of the two.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Wufpacker, get your mind out of the gutter šŸ˜‰

Wufpacker
    Participant

Wufpacker, get your mind out of the gutter ?

Been trying for years. It’s not going well.

MrPlywood
    Participant

yo-yoing between utter disaster and mediocrity

Is competency before or after mediocrity?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Johnny Thomas Packfanistan

That’s what I said, what did you hear…… >__<

choppack1
    Participant

Paki- did you edit that ordid I miss it…I thought you used “hawk” or “Jonathan”. Regardless, nice find and it is good to hear he is doing well and still balling.

And you ain’t in your 40s or don’t have a great useless memory if you don’t remember Harold Thompson (aka Lorenzo Charles II)

pakfanistan
    Participant

Paki- did you edit that ordid I miss itā€¦I thought you used ā€œhawkā€ or ā€œJonathanā€. Regardless, nice find and it is good to hear he is doing well and still balling.

Nah, I legit just screwed it up. And I concur.

NCSU84
    Participant

So this is THE year. Right? I’m sorry, I cannot consume the kool-aid anymore.

choppack1
    Participant

Ncsu – what it is is a year to effectively determine what Gott can do with all the pieces in place. (Assuming they stay in place.)

He has put himself and the program in a very good position next year. We will know what he can do with it. It’s something to be thankful and content about. If we don’t have some kind of breakthrough next year, it’s hard to argue we ever will.

If we do, well, perhaps Gottfried has learned his lessons from Bama and here in Raleigh.

tjfoose1
    Participant

He’ll have to have another season, or maybe even 2, like he had last year before he’s shown the door. At least until there’s a viable upgrade available. So flies Dayton.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’ll see your Harold Thompson, and I’ll raise you a Dinky Proctor.

choppack1
    Participant

Do you really want me to throw Jamie Knox out there….then there was Mike Bell 1…Tevin Binns.

Good call on Dinky though.

choppack1
    Participant

I guess there’s no chance we ever see Gregg Marshall here.

redisgood
    Participant

Iā€™m sure itā€™s nothing other than the normal process (or wishful thinking), but Omer Yurtseven has been added to the team roster on gopack.com.

Rick
    Keymaster

Iā€™ll see your Harold Thompson, and Iā€™ll raise you a Dinky Proctor.

Dinky, the man with the glass knees.
    How about a Mike Warren reference?

Texpack
    Participant

Apparently The Stormin’ Mormon likes to surf and is going to be a Rainbow Warrior.

Our only shot now is to get the little Johnson.

tractor57
    Participant

A Dinky reference – the son of a coworker knew Dinky and always said he was wronged by V. I have no information pro or con on that but it does reveal the “harsh” side of college athletics.

Texpack
    Participant

I guess thereā€™s no chance we ever see Gregg Marshall here.

Only if his signing bonus is knee pads for when we play the Blues

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Wha???????

Texpack
    Participant

Wha???????

Marshall famously fawned over Roy and K during his interview with DY. he “knew NC State’s place” relative to the others.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Wha???????

Marshall famously fawned over Roy and K during his interview with DY. he ā€œknew NC Stateā€™s placeā€ relative to the others.

Assuming thats true (I always heard that was Turg) is that a legitimate reason not to hire one of the best coaches in the game right now?

choppack1
    Participant

No. It is not. I wonder how coach k or coach self or a young Dean Smith or wooden would have answered the same question?

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Jeebus folks, it wasn’t Marshall who bowed to the blues. That was Turgeon. Get it straight. Marshall ultimately turned us down because: 1. He’s a family guy, likes Wichita state, and the underdog role; and 2. He was our second choice behind Shaka smart who he’d just lost to in a very tough and wrongly seeded first round matchup. Marshall wanted the job here when he was at Winthrop. He wanted it again but we went for the shiny new face.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

The only thing that could get me excited about this rendition of pack basketball is if the players have nicknames or denomominational affiliations on their jerseys. Can you imagine, “smith feeds the Muslim brotherhood, who kicks out to ghost face killa.”

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.