NC State Basketball Update

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Basketball Update

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Bsim412
    Participant

In the past ten days the college basketball Gods have been on NC State’s side. Although State fans at times have had their fair share of unfortunate l
    [See the full post at: NC State Basketball Update]

NOT A FAN OF BLUE
    Participant

Mega kudos to Coach Gott and staff. Fantastic work!

PackdatAss
    Participant

Either Johnson would be great, we need depth at both positions. If we got both then we could return 9 scholarship players (including Newman) in 2017. Hard not to be optimistic.

redisgood
    Participant

Fantastic write-up. Thanks!

Markell Johnson would be a huge pick-up. He would plug the last remaining hole in the roster, and would likely be our starting point guard next year. He and Dennis seem to have a good relationship, so hopefully he gets the credits he needs to reclassify to 2016 and joins the Pack.

Talent and depth at every position. Who would of thunk it three weeks ago.

PackdatAss
    Participant

^Doubt Johnson would start at PG. Dennis is our PG. consider this in terms of NBA potential. Dennis will be a PG at the next level so that is where he will play in college. Not saying you won’t see a 2 PG lineup at times, but DSJ is our primary.

Anyone know where Markell would be ranked if he is 2016?

PapaJohn
    Participant

Unbelievable turnaround.
    From ‘is this the beginning of the end’ of the Gottfried reign, to considering the possibility of being a team ranked in the preseason in the course of a few weeks is more than even the most optimistic could have imagined.
    Again, Gottfried seems to be working an angle that I hadn’t thought about. Getting players to re-classify. He did it last year with Mav, and looks to be trying this year as well. To recruit against the blues, that’s what he has to do. It’s going to take creativity until we establish a pattern of success that we can sell incoming recruits.

Good stuff guys.

FergusWolf
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that “redisgood” is already referring to 2016-2017 as “this year”, so when he says “next year”, he means 2017-2018. Specifically when referring to M. Johnson being our starting point guard.

44rules
    Participant

Man we are so bi-polar. And I’m including me in that category (always have! 🙂 I’ve gone from Rick-style Gottfried needs to go and let’s get Archie to “Man, how did he pull that out of his butt” and the Gottfather rules. I’m sure I, and many Pack fans, will yo-yo between those two poles in the future.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

redisgood
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that “redisgood” is already referring to 2016-2017 as “this year”, so when he says “next year”, he means 2017-2018. Specifically when referring to M. Johnson being our starting point guard.

Yes, thanks. That’s what I meant. By next year I’m referring to 2017-2018. But, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to see both on the floor at the same time this year.

redisgood
    Participant

Anyone know where Markell would be ranked if he is 2016?

Scout.com has him rated as the #66 prospect overall and the 18th PG in their 2016 rankings. Pretty good for a guy who really is a 2017. A year playing with and learning from Dennis would help him tremendously.

PackdatAss
    Participant

Got it. Agreed.

If we sign some studs in 2017 then we could start to develop a year to year consistency. We’ve offered 35 plus in the 2017 class with the vast majority being ranked. As long as we can win the transfer game (which will always be the case with Gottfrieds short rotation) then we can maintain some form of relevance. I’ll take 2-3 years of competing for a top five spot in the ACC.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

So we went from looking like a turd to a pile of gold plated turd? Or did we strike real gold? I’m thinking Pyrite.

freshmanin83
    Participant

So we went from looking like a turd to a pile of gold plated turd? Or did we strike real gold? I’m thinking Pyrite.

There are a number of different ways to answer this question, so let me try this one. Is it possible that your starting point could be off some?

Wufpacker
    Participant

I really hope we are able to land Gabby Johnson.

Rick
    Keymaster

There are a number of different ways to answer this question, so let me try this one. Is it possible that your starting point could be off some?

Or it could be the real fear of Lucy pulling the football again.

44rules
    Participant

With the NCAA’s decision on Y7 playing the part of Lucy.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

freshmanin83
    Participant

With the NCAA’s decision on Y7 playing the part of Lucy.

Is the yo-yo up, down or just walking the dog? : )

PackerInRussia
    Participant

He would still have to take three classes over the summer to be able to play in the fall at a university as Johnson would most likely make his college decision in early July.

UNC has summer school, right?

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Either Johnson would be great, we need depth at both positions

True, but it would be nice to have a big Johnson on the squad.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Either Johnson would be great, we need depth at both positions

True, but it would be nice to have a big Johnson on the squad.

Even nicer to have big Johnson depth in multiple positions.

(takes a bow)

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Man we are so bi-polar.

^This….

and this….

some of “us” who are accustomed to more stability in life are having to adjust to the offseasonscrambletomakearostergame…

:>}

POP!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Who bi-polo, anyone?

TheCOWDOG

? Why do people say scramble? I say shuffle.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

scramble/shuffle … the deck three times and cut the cards… deal one for me and one you …
    all the same thing…

luck be a lady tonite….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    pakfanistan
    Participant

So, talk of the Johnsons reminded me of Marques Johnson. Who I still find to be the most WTF recruit I can ever remember.

And Marques Johson reminded me of Johnny Thompson, who I really liked, and it made me wonder what ever happened to him.

Well apparently this…

http://www.harlemglobetrotters.com/player/hawk

So that’s pretty cool.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.