NC STATE at DUKE PREVIEW

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at DUKE PREVIEW

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 285 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Time: 2:00 pm TV: CBS Announcers: Kevin Harlan, Bill Raftery This isn’t your traditional Duke team, they have a huge offensive punch but lack the shut
    [See the full post at: NC STATE at DUKE PREVIEW]

PoppaJohn
    Participant

I think you hit it on the head. We’ll get behind early and never catch up – there will be glimmers of hope to encourage us, (we cut it to 10!!!) but we’ll be heartbroken at the end.

However, DU is so much better than us that I can’t get too emotionally engaged. It would be a historic upset that I just can’t imagine. Especially if Tyler is still sick. I think we need him to avoid getting too frustrated and for his passing skills if we are going to get it inside.

What’s on at the movies at say, 2:00?

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Scheduling quirk… yep

BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s too bad for my overwhelming sense of malaise and dread…I would enjoy hearing Bill Raftery announce our game for a nice change of pace. Highly doubt our wolven efforts will be Onions! worthy…

Wulfpack
    Participant

We’re on the ropes and everyone knows it. We will play with heart and play well, but it won’t go our way in the end. Our nemesis Maryland would essentially then be in a position to put us out of our misery. This team would not be able to come back from a 1-5 start, no question about that. So Maryland, IMHO, becomes the game of the year. You cannot lose that one.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wake was already must-win for me, so I am just trying to enjoy them in a Gonzo sense now. Jigs’ insane matchup avatars help quite a bit, Hunter S. Thompson would have approved.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Thanks so much for putting this together.

Hope for the best.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Useful Medical Trivia: Alcohol was once used as a form of anesthesia.

Just saying.

BJD95
    Keymaster

An album for good mojo?

TMD11
    Participant

The team needs to focus on improving a game at a time, learning how to play basketball together at this level in Gott’s scheme. Duke has more talent, more smarts…and will win, period.
    Then maybe by mid February we can begin winning.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Haha….somebody in the Gameday crowd in Philly has a Sweet Dee bighead.

Nice.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well… my kids went out last and broke a few ‘team rules’ so I GOTT to punish them today.

I think I’ll make them watch the State-Dook bball game from start to finish.

As for the rest of us…
    Can we just fast forward to somewhere around 3:45pm and just watch the last two minutes ??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Yay, Sweet Dee!!!!!

Maybe make your kids write up a full report on the game, too. That’ll learn ’em good.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ Kids — write a report ? —
    It would be easier to teach our bball kids how to run a zone offense than that….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

bill running paper classes?
    Say it ain’t so.

ILPackfan
    Participant

Expecting the worst today and hoping for anything better than that. Hard to believe that Jimmy V is currently the last Pack coach to beat Krzyzewski in Cameron.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Although to be fair, HWSNBN and MG each really did “win” in Cameron, only to be completely f-cked over by the striped branch of the Swofford mafia.

And I don’t make that charge lightly, I very, VERY rarely blame officiating for actually flipping a result.

Wufpacker
    Participant

We won @Duke in ’95.
    Go Les!!!!
    (of course, just about everyone won @Duke in ’95)

*yes, I know the distinction was made re: “K-led Duke”…just clarifying for those who might not have caught that distinction.

BJD95
    Keymaster

After the home win in ’95, I stepped onto the court and yelled “we’re number EIGHT!”

Naturally, even though we had the rare privilege of being seeded 8th in the Les Robinson Invitational that year…we still lost it.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^^Two games absolutely stolen, BJD … one of which helped ruin a promising season for HWSNBN’s team. I do wonder sometimes how it would’ve possibly different if the @Duke and @Maryland games don’t get completely stolen from that HWSNBN team that season. Oh well, in the past I guess.

Wufpacker
    Participant

It would have taken longer to be rid of him more than likely.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Criminy, I had forgotten that the MD game was the same season. We entered the death spiral immediately thereafter.

But had we not gone down said death spiral, perhaps the “weave and heave” portion of the HWSNBN era never happens…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Prediction contest!

How many will we be behind, once this UK/TN game ends and the CBS feed switches?

I say 7, which I feel is remarkably optimistic.

Wufpacker
    Participant

UK/UT looking to go long…maybe that’s good.

BC fading.

FSU surging…sort of.

Wufpacker
    Participant

LOL BJD, I was thinking the same thing.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 285 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.