NC State as "Clerks" Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Football NC State as "Clerks" Game Thread

Viewing 19 posts - 301 through 319 (of 319 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

And to see someone knocking the cover off the ball watch Fuentes.

I have no idea if he will work out or not but at least he is starting fast.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

My biggest concern at this point is that he won’t get a chance to build what he could here. Win this game and go into Notre Dame game undefeated and you have the kind of electric environment that he needs to get the kind of players he needs.

But, alas, he lost. Again. Remember, there’s more losers in college football than winners. Just giving him more time for the heck of it isn’t the solution.

I’ll re-iterate.. ECU fired a better coach than DD to hire new blood and beat DD who has better talent. Writing has been on the wall as far as I’m concerned.

This post is just brutally honest. Absolutely bare bones. Even the most optimistic fan cannot argue that

Once again we are given a gift on a silver platter with Art Briles. Hire him and move on down the road. We could have hired Petrino and be set but no NCSU doesnt roll like that. Hire Briles, understand this is a business and become an immediate contender. It really is that simple. If we keep up this facade that we are doing things the “right way” and claim the moral high ground then we will never get anywhere in todays NCAA.

For the love of God, fire Yow, fire DD and hire Briles. It aint rocket science

McCallum
    Participant

Briles or bust.

McCallum

StateRed44
    Participant

Agree hire Briles. I was for firing DD on his conference record alone last year. This game was mentally abusive.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m not emotionally invested, I never was.

I was just about to write something similar. I’m invested, but just a little bit, as part of my sports portfolio. State football is about to get dumped due to underperformance.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

Agreed – tired of playing the “Moral High Ground” game. Ready to see a winner.

Hire Briles, if he’d consider coming !

choppack1
    Participant

So yall are in the “win at all costs” category eh?

BJD95
    Keymaster

People will say “a school would have to be desperate to hire Art Briles.”

Guilty as charged. But would you rather spin the MAC/random assistant wheel of fortune again?

We are NC State. Those legitimately ARE our only two options. Don’t kid yourself.

BJD95
    Keymaster

So yall are in the “win at all costs” category eh?

Had we left for the SEC or the NCAA not told the Holes it was totes ok to cheat, I’d say no to desperate measures. But this is the shitty diaper we are left with.

McCallum
    Participant

Old stand bys:

Everybody loves a winner

Good losers are frequent losers

Just win baby

Three types of people-people that watch things happen, people that make things happen and people that don’t know what the hell happened.

Losing is for losers.

Learn to hate.

Melinda Jones was caught screwing Timmy Smith

(Just kidding on that last one)

McCallum

choppack1
    Participant

Yea BJD – I agree it’s tempting – but I don’t want to raise my son or live my life that way.

To a certain extent, no one’s hands are clean. However, you don’t have to go after the lowest common denominator.

I honestly don’t think it’s rocket science. You find a group of coaches at smaller schools that weren’t great when the coach got there, but built something – and did so by not breaking a ton of rules.

If it works out – great. If not, at least you made a rational decision and didn’t sell your soul. (Although, yes, part of me would be excited if we hired Briles.)

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

I think he learnt his lesson. Sign him up. Do we get a petition going or what? I feel like were all equipped with pitch forks? Is that healthy? Damn my conscience.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I admittedly didn’t follow the briles situation at Baylor. he’s an offensive guru but has no roots or connections in Nc or the SE. Defense? Nada. Look below to the ranks of coaches, who, like Briles, earned their stripes building–high school, or FCS, or smaller programs. established relationships in SE territory (doesn’t necessarily mean NC). I’ll throw some names around as time permits

I like dd. He just isn’t showing me enough in the game management, defensive adjustment, recruiting phases of the game. Young coach, but what bothers me most is the repeating of mistakes. bonehead ones.

choppack1
    Participant

Yep whiteshoes. Our d was destroyed yesterday.

It’s really the same script we saw play out in the 2nd half of the season last year…offenses spread us out and attack our linebackers who are covering receivers on obvious pass downs.

Like you said, there are coaches out there who have built programs. To me, when it comes to revenue sports, it seems like Yow just hires a man she is attracted to rather and has a “gut feeling” about rather than someone with proven results.

As everyone on this board knows, the DD hire was a huge risk because we were hiring a young coach whose only experience was taking over a program where he had to do zero building. He performed well in that situation, but that situation had as much applicable experience to NC State’s football situation as being a janitor at a high school does to cleaning up bio-hazardous waste.

McCallum
    Participant

I say she was hired in the same nonsense manner by which Sidney Lowe was hired.

Sentiment is for suckers and Saturday evening drinking/poetry readings.

McCallum

Wufpacker
    Participant

One day later (almost)…
    Yep, still totally filled with anger and hatred.

WolfBlood86
    Participant

Hire Briles and spin that sh*t! NC State believes in second chances. It’s the American way! He deserves another chance to do things the right way in a school school culture that encourages work hard and ethics.

john of sparta
    Participant

Briles means big bucks/buyout and bigger britches because of the beat-down we’ll bear.

ryebread
    Participant

We’re not hiring Briles and I really don’t think we should either. He’s a match made in heaven for Texas, Texas Tech or A&M. He currently has no “show-cause” but I think he might by the time this is over. He deserves it if you ask me.

Viewing 19 posts - 301 through 319 (of 319 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.