NC State as "Clerks" Game Thread

Home Forums StateFans Football NC State as "Clerks" Game Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 319 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

Hire Briles.

Hire a winner.

Just win baby.

McCallum

*that middle finger looks better when you can’t see the finger nail

choppack1
    Participant

I am probably naïve, bit I don’t think that you need to hire an ethically challenged coach to won and win big.

I think you need someone pretty darn intelligent, hardworking, and innovative.

Heck, ee I don’t think we have had a great coach since Sheridan, yet we have still had some good years.

Keep in mind, if DD doesn’t got 4-4 in conference it will be the longest stretch of losing conference records since at least the 1950s…that doesn’t show that we should be as as bad as we have been.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

If Dave Doeren doesn’t care enough to be upset about that last play and the time left on the clock then I certainly don’t care enough to stand up for him here. Year 4 and we’ve got no discernible direction nor momentum. Appears we’ve got a decent QB and a stable of RBs and we ARE absolutely going to squander it.

10:1 he’ll be indifferent in the presser.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

ECU was 10 for 20 on 3rd and 4th down. That tells the whole story. You’re not going to be successful when the team you’re playing converts at a 50% rate. I’m beyond embarrassed.

McCallum
    Participant

Relax.

Drink a beer, take a dump, find a good book, get laid.

But NEVER, I MEAN NEVER correlate yourself with State’s stupidity.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

bill.onthebeach wrote:

I’m trying not to get too excited about how we’re playing so far….

This made me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Probably one of the ‘best’ calls of the day….

POP!

fwiw… all ya’ll are right… regardless of what you say…

RoundBall starts in 35 days !!!!
    BeThere – BeJay

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Make some catches and a field goal along the way and then I wouldn’t even have to bring up falling to the turf before the clock expires. BTW. The clock did expire.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Cuz… no question it was a ‘winnable’ game….

Two givens..Kids are gonna make mistakes… Team with the fewest mistakes or who scores last wins most all the time, to wit, today….

Unfortunately, it appears that what the SFN guys want to see is the kickassoutoutofthetunnelandneverlookback team in gamesthatcount to us, as opposed to the comeoutcockyandsoftcatchupgoaheadandthenbeatyourself team… which, accurately or not, they attribute to coaches, not players.

IDK the answer.

POP!!!

BeThere OR BeJay

Adventuroo
    Participant

Lest we forget, as CD says, we missed TWO FG and one TWO Point conversion. That, without the use of my old K&E, totals up to 8. More than enough for the victory.

I was at my GS’s soccer match and listened to the last play. Then my wife said…”What was that big noise and that ball of fire that streaked through the sky…?”

Simple, I replied, that was the SFN server that just blew and was hurled into space.

We are 1 & 1. The original 8 & 4 expectation seems a bit optimistic. However, we STILL have 10 more outings. Don’t know what changes will be made over the weekend and early next week. Probably nothing major. We need to focus on ODU. ODU is being “victimized” by Happy Appy….they will be out for revenge.

If you look at the UH-OH’s or the almost UH-OH’s today, our loss is trivial….

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

ole gall dayumit Wake and Duke at 7’s …. should have followed my brain than my gut..

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Make some catches and a field goal along the way and then I wouldn’t even have to bring up falling to the turf before the clock expires. BTW. The clock did expire.

translation: do better and we win.

4 years of this kind of talk wears thin.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

RE: ECU… We shoulda never helped them start a Engineering school.

BeThere OR BeJay

TheCOWDOG

^ DUHHH…

It’s the chosen way. One mustn’t knock the children. It’s the parents’ fault.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Maybe it’s my half-full attitude or distorted hopes, but I think Haskins will atone in a big way down the line…Hope is a good thing…..maybe the best of things…DD needs to get busy winning or get busy losing….

TheCOWDOG

AT. Do better and you win today.
    Our All-ACC guy was put in winning situations, he didn’t win ’em today. A good linebacker in Moore, had a horrendous day. I’ve never been sold on Fernandez, and dear God he was awful.

I’m not defending anyone, least you think I’m handing out excuses.

Just calling it like I see it.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I LOVE the entire NC State player roster. Want to make that clear. Seem like good kids as far as I can tell.

ACC football summed up by that last Duke Xtra point.

tractor57
    Participant

Simple – ECU did what need to be done and the Pack did not. Good ECU team and maybe a good Pack team.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

CD: Tough to win on the road no matter who ya play much less against a team who had this game circled for who knows how many months. How’s that for an excuse from the peanut gallery (i.e. myself)? Alas, it’s a valid one. Does seem to me we may not have anticipated that with the 1st quarter play though.

If the season plays out with 4 or 5 wins (I predict 5) in coach’s year #4 as the current trajectory appears to have us on and with no real road map or plan going forward AND no emotion or leadership talk from the HC then what else should a fan do?

TheCOWDOG

I LOVE the entire NC State player roster. Want to make that clear. Seem like good kids as far as I can tell.

ACC football summed up by that last Duke Xtra point.

Good kids can make bad plays.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

It’s the parents’ fault.

that’s what Dr. House said, albeit in more definitive terms…
    and
    Some/most/all kids sometimes/allthetime blame their parents for their(the kids) faults…

The Conundrum of the present generation of kids can be answered with one question….
    Whatcha (the kids) gonna do ’bout it?

BeThere OR BeJay

LRM
    Keymaster

We’re 16 years past Amato selling us on national prominence and glory but we’re no closer now than when Sheridan left in 1993. It’s deceptive because we’re a fan base loyal to a fault, but we’re Power 5 by association only. We’re a mid-tier — perhaps a lower mid-tier — at best.

Last year, my argument wasn’t in support of Doeren, necessarily. It was in support of giving him the chance to establish some semblance of stability — we’re just not in a program that can fire quickly and expect to upgrade. Unfortunately, there’s no evidence we’ll ever be more, always cycling through the next guy hoping for that one lucky break season now and then.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

It was in support of giving him the chance to establish some semblance of stability — we’re just not in a program that can fire quickly and expect to upgrade.

See the problem with these statements is that ECU did JUST what you said is unlikely and beat us with a 1st year coach. They even fired a better coach than DD. I’m just not buying that excuse. Dave should have us WAAAAY further ahead with clearly superior talent than the trash I just watched. Now you may be right in we need to let someone establish something.. but I’m here to tell you it ain’t Dave. Did he even seem upset in the presser?

choppack1
    Participant

Lest we forget, as CD says, we missed TWO FG and one TWO Point conversion. That, without the use of my old K&E, totals up to 8. More than enough for the victory.

This is true. Its also true that the same kicker wasn’t reliable last year and one of those field goals was out of his range. It was the classic risk reward failure – it was 4th and 2 and you have your 2nd year kicker who struggled last year, kick a long one.

We did make the one that was squarely in his range. We went for a fake on another that was also in his range, and rather than kicking a n extra point, we went for 2…that’s 4 points and that’s 4 points squarely on the staff.

I am sorry, when you have a second year kicker who is struggling a second year, it’s on the staff. It falls in the “doing same thing, expecting different results” category.

And yes, in a game this close, there will be plenty of plays where you can whine about officiating, or blame the players.

But the way I see it, ECU’s staff did less to lose this game than ours did.

We have seen this before – DD struggles in games where he doesn’t have a clear advantage, that’s why he has zero wins over P-5 teams with a winning record.

I think this job may just be a bad fit for nc state, because we are not going to win more 3 conference games half of the seasons.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

We out gained them and had fewer turnovers yet lost the game. Rarely do you see this combo. And when you do, look squarely at the coaches.

Defensively, we’re a nightmare. Vanill, vanilla, vanilla. Our front 4 may be better than average, but we don’t bring enough heat or disguise it well enough when we do. The tenura-archer combo was handsdown better with what they had to work with.

Dd looks very Sendekian at this point. and I hate to admit it.

LRM
    Keymaster

I should have clarified: I’m not defending Doeren. My frustration is he apparently isn’t that guy (I’d hoped he’d at least get to Notre Dame unbeaten to give us a fighting chance at measured improvement against a tough schedule). And I’m not suggesting he gets a fifth year if this one doesn’t show marked improvement.

Y’all know me, I always love a good firing.

Viewing 25 posts - 251 through 275 (of 319 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.