NC State and Mississippi State sign Home-and-Home series

Home Forums StateFans Football NC State and Mississippi State sign Home-and-Home series

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

NC State Adds Football Series with Mississippi State

NC State has scheduled a home-and-home series with SEC program Mississippi State, the department announced today.

On Sept. 12, 2020, the Bulldogs will travel to Carter-Finley Stadium and the Wolfpack will travel to Starkville for a Sept. 11, 2021 matchup.

Only 7 seasons away!!!! Bets on when the series will be cancelled start below.

pakfanistan
    Participant

This site has gotten so annoyingly negative.

nav
    Participant

This announcement is so MEH. Is this the new pinnacle of excitement for State fb? Geesh.

This site has gotten so annoyingly negative.

What the heck is there to be optimistic about? Honest question. I don’t like to be negative but just comes with the territory of being a State fan for the most part.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I’ll take it.

SaccoV
    Participant

MSU is a perfect match for us, and there is (somewhat) recent history (Peach Bowl in the ’90s?). Also, MSU hasn’t exactly lit the SEC world on fire with Mullen as coach. If the buy-out occurs, fine. I’m going to take a positive view of this as a way to get an improved OOC schedule in the future. We should be able to get a rotation with one SEC/Big11/Big12(8) team every year for FB. I’m not expecting ‘Bama to return our calls, but one Big-Five OOC team is manageable. Too much sunshine?

Wulfpack
    Participant

More Cow Bell

13OT
    Participant

Mississippi State and Duke at CF the same season?

Surely they jest…………….

JohnGalt78
    Participant

$1,000,000 buy out. Yow v Fowler. Night v Day.

Wulfpack
    Participant

NC State announced Tuesday that it will host Mississippi State in the first year of a home-and-home series at Carter-Finley Stadium in September 2020, with the Wolfpack making the return trip to Starkville in September 2021.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/24604310/nc-state-mississippi-state-set-home-and-home-for-2020-2021

ancsu87
    Participant

Nice addition to our OOC schedule.

Mike
    Participant

Hooray and who cares? Yes, I very much care about OOC schedules, and I would much rather have MSU than Old Dominion. However, other than SEC, I dont see a huge benefit. I would not go out and buy season tickets because MSU is on the schedule. I will buy tickets anyway, and yes, this is a better game than ODU or some directional school, but just not excited by cowbells.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.