NC State 88 South Alabama 70

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State 88 South Alabama 70

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    TKEWOLF75
    Participant

Ryebread said

We also have fewer shooters — 2 by my count (Rowan and Martin).

I remember a TV show named Rowan & Martin’s Laugh In. If you were at the game Friday it was a laugh in…if you were sitting on the William and Mary bench.

choppack1
    Participant

From what I am reading on tos the week may get worse. Hopefully we are getting trolled.

Rick
    Keymaster

Nope. Of seems to be real.
    Bad week for ncsu

Tau837
    Participant

The majority of Gott’s team’s success has always seemed to rest on outside shooting. TJ was an aberration (a fantastic one!), but it’s seemed to me that we’ve needed a Scott Wood, a Ralston Turner, or a Trevor Lacey to get hot and hit that key shot to win the important games. The mature player that knows when and how to get that score.

How many teams are there in this era of college basketball who win consistently without good outside shooting? I don’t see this as a Gott specific issue.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Curious as to the comments we get at the end of the season. I believe they will be different. The team will improve, and get the chemistry going. Gott has not failed us yet, so I just (GOTT) to believe things are going get better.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Curious as to the comments we get at the end of the season. I believe they will be different. The team will improve, and get the chemistry going. Gott has not failed us yet, so I just (GOTT) to believe things are going get better.

The second half of the South Alabama game was night and day compared to the W&M game with regards to team chemistry. Four plays that stand out are the two high low passes between Abu and Anya, and the two layups by the Martins off passes from Cat.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I caught some of the IUPUI @ Marquette game last night and here’s my quick thoughts on our upcoming game Wednesday.

1. IUPUI is small, their 2 low post players are 6-8 everyone else is pretty much 6-5 or shorter. If State’s Bigs don’t dominate this game then it’s going to be another long night and not a pretty one.
    2. IUPUI’s starting 5 are all upperclassmen which doesn’t bode well for State IMO, they’ve played 2 tough games on the road already and won’t come in scared.
    3. If I were coaching State I’d make sure we had proper spacing on offense and pound the ball inside all night long.

Coming into this season I thought the IUPUI game would be a no brainer, now I give State a 50/50 shot.

ryebread
    Participant

The bad news alluded to on the recruiting front is now official. I never had a good feeling about that one.

As for zone, those not wanting it are seemingly operating on the assumption that given the staff won’t teach people how to play proper man to man, that they won’t teach people how to play proper zone. I tend to think there’s less to teach in playing zone — keep your hands up, stay in your area, when the shot goes off, find someone to box out because they will be coming. The only real question is how and when to trap.

My point about Jim Boeheim is that the talent on this team isn’t hopeless. They just have to be used properly. Jim B. would win a lot of games using a 2-3 with this personnel. It’s up to this staff to utilize the players correctly. Playing man to man in a half hearted way seemingly isn’t it.

The scary thing to me is that this is how we look early, yet we had an increase in practice time allowed by the NCAA this year in the summer. How bad would we have looked otherwise?

mak4dpak
    Participant

No blog from our 23 point win over uipui. This same team took Marquette to OT, before losing by 5. So certainly a great win, and continued improvement with the team.

john of sparta
    Participant

Super-Duper Security checks at the gate.
    be prepared to empty your pockets because
    your purse won’t make it. serious.

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.