NC Political Predictions

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk NC Political Predictions

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    StateRed44
    Participant

Very few are telling the truth. This world is hopeless and corrupt. The FBI and DOJ are hopelessly corrupt. The politicians get millions from inside knowledge. The Supreme Court is a joke. Several justices want the constitution destroyed. The current administration and their cronies are liars and working to destroy Western Civilization itself along with liberal leaders of the EU.

StateRed44
    Participant

StateRed, get out of here and go to college. Quick, while it’s subsidized.

How are your student loans treating you? Looks like your indoctrination took. Good luck.

JasonP
    Participant

No worries on loans here. College was the best investment I ever made…it’s the gift that keeps on givin’. You should try it. Seriously.

And you may want to start pulling for Duke, Wake, or some other non-subsidized private school. Seems weird for someone to be anti-public university but then turn around and root for one athletically.

StateRed44
    Participant

what was your degree?

JasonP
    Participant

the internet

but seriously, whatever it was your taxes helped pay for it!

StateRed44
    Participant

seriously, what was it? some bogus humanities tripe?

pakfanistan
    Participant

I have a BA in BS.

TheCOWDOG

^Noted…

but the problem as I understand it in Aurora is not so much with the discharge, but the amounts of water that are pulled from the Castle Hayne aquifer… which, at times, severely limits the availability of water all across Southeastern NC all the way to Calabash.

We could re-direct to the “Coal Ash Scam” if you prefer….

My bad, I made a conscious effort to refrain from this thread. Yes, Bill. Martin Marietta’s planned mine in Vanceboro will draw its freshwater from Castle Hayne, as the plant in Aurora.

That in itself is dastardly, but does not break laws as the discharge proposed for Blounts Creek.

It ain’t right no matter which way ya look at it.

Just watch your ass for sinkholes when traveling over the aquafier.
    …And stock up on water from a plastic jug.

StateRed44
    Participant
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Half of *Everything we’ve ever been told is a lie….

If you are lucky…
    it only takes fifty years to figure which half.

———————-

Don’t blame your Mom or Pop…
    Don’t blame the Preacher…
    Don’t blame your Doctor…
    Don’t blame your Teachers…

The same thing happened to them.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    SqlWolf
    Participant

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    – Isaac Asimov

“If it’s a choice between a difficult truth and a simple lie, people will take the lie every time. Even if it kills them.”
    – Paul Murray

Willful ignorance is the source of most of our troubles. We choose to allow others to make choices for us, then we complain that our lives are worse off because of those decisions. I pose a challenge to you to make your life better by choosing to know more today than you did yesterday.

“I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.”
    – Abraham Lincoln

On StateRed’s comments about everyone out there lies: I think there’s a lot of resources of truth out there too. With regard to culture and politics, I suggest readings from the various supreme court justices throughout America’s history. (Books by supreme court justices) Regarding nature and climate change: try ignoring the media and read directly the scientific literature. There are many sites which host scientific papers which represent the actual knowledge the scientific world uses to understand our greater world.
    Climate Change perspectives If you choose to read and believe left-wing or right-wing media outlets, then don’t be surprised when the truth of reality slaps either side’s distorted views.

I am of the persuasion that our world will continue spinning and orbiting the sun whether mankind takes care of it or not. If you believe we were put here to do what we want with what we have here on earth, then by all means go do it. There are others who believe God put us here to care for our world. “Is it not enough for you to feed on the good pasture, that you must tread down with your feet the rest of your pasture; and to drink of clear water, that you must muddy the rest of the water with your feet?” Ezekiel 34:18

Merry christmas, Y’all!

pakfanistan
    Participant

The CIA has concluded in a secret assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump win the presidency, rather than just to undermine confidence in the U.S. electoral system, according to officials briefed on the matter.

Intelligence agencies have identified individuals with connections to the Russian government who provided WikiLeaks with thousands of hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and others, including Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman, according to U.S. officials. Those officials described the individuals as actors known to the intelligence community and part of a wider Russian operation to boost Trump and hurt Clinton’s chances.
    ADVERTISING

“It is the assessment of the intelligence community that Russia’s goal here was to favor one candidate over the other, to help Trump get elected,” said a senior U.S. official briefed on an intelligence presentation made to U.S. senators. “That’s the consensus view.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html

Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption. These most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have been expected to make their approaches from more than one querter, but chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils. How could they better gratify this, than by raising a creature of their own to the chief magistracy of the Union? But the convention have guarded against all danger of this sort, with the most provident and judicious attention. They have not made the appointment of the President to depend on any preexisting bodies of men, who might be tampered with beforehand to prostitute their votes; but they have referred it in the first instance to an immediate act of the people of America, to be exerted in the choice of persons for the temporary and sole purpose of making the appointment.

All these advantages will happily combine in the plan devised by the convention; which is, that the people of each State shall choose a number of persons as electors, equal to the number of senators and representatives of such State in the national government, who shall assemble within the State, and vote for some fit person as President. Their votes, thus given, are to be transmitted to the seat of the national government, and the person who may happen to have a majority of the whole number of votes will be the President.

The process of election affords a moral certainty, that the office of President will never fall to the lot of any man who is not in an eminent degree endowed with the requisite qualifications. Talents for low intrigue, and the little arts of popularity, may alone suffice to elevate a man to the first honors in a single State; but it will require other talents, and a different kind of merit, to establish him in the esteem and confidence of the whole Union, or of so considerable a portion of it as would be necessary to make him a successful candidate for the distinguished office of President of the United States.

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/fed68.asp

YogiNC
    Participant

pak, the quote for yale could be just as easily pointed at Hillary. Face it, she IS a felon. She would not own up to the fact that she exposed our nation to those who would do us great harm. Which brings me to the first piece. We would have never known about the what of who she really is without her and her cabal unless she had opened herself to that hole in her proverbial “wall”. The truth be known her foibles are just as extensive as Trump’s, the difference is Trump didn’t have to lie to expose her, she did it all on her own.

No matter what anyone says this election came down to one thing that the left refuses to acknowledge, bigger more costly government that intrudes upon our lives is not the values of a great deal of us WHO PAY THE BILLS want. The liberal strongholds in the large metropolitan areas was Hillary’s base. Money for nothing and your chicks for free. That is totally unsustainable for us as a nation. It’s what we overcame in the 80s in the cold war. The primary reason that most of Trumps support came from those of us who remember what it looked like to have a society based on soc ia lism and we said NO THANKS to Obama and his false cry for hope and change. He is Marx of a different color. Look at who his friends are/were and what he stands for. Total control through a big brother state. We cannot dismantle his great overreaching government quick enough.

Smarter than the average bear

McCallum
    Participant

The US pumped $5 billion into the Ukraine in an effort to destabilize the pro-Russian government. The list of nations in which the US has meddled to distort or influence elections is astounding from the colored “revolutions” of the 90s to the overthrow of the Iranian government in 1953. It has gone on a very long time.

There is no greater destabilizing force in the world than the US federal government yet some here cry foul when just desserts are served.

McCallum

GoldenChain
    Participant

This is what I don’t get about the “Putin wants Trump to win” side:

Hillary would have rolled over like she did in the bed of Bill’s El Camino in college for Putin. Donald is obviously a much harder to figure and manipulate so why in the h@ll would the Kremlin have favored Trump over Hillary?!

I don’t get it.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Golden chain: Let me explain the flaw of the current system in picking a President. In other parts of our system, your vote counts equally against all others that voted in that election. Take the local election. Say you are one of only 10 people that voted. Your vote weighs a ton (1/10th of the vote), but it is equal to the votes of the other 9 people that voted. Maybe more people should have voted, but your vote was counted and weighed fairly against the others cast. That’s about as fair as it can be in a system that doesn’t require mandatory voting.

Dear rye, you don’t get it. This country we call The United States of America is a confederation of independent states that agreed to band together for the purpose of defense and trade. Nothing has changed in the last 240 years in that regard. Why do you think there is such an uproar with certain legislation and mandates out of Washington verses “states rights”? Not a month goes by that you don’t hear that.
    The entire system of checks and balances was set in place to protect the rights of each state. Otherwise they wouldn’t have signed on. In fact some didn’t and The Bill of Rights had to be added. I’m sorry if you don’t like that or think a more across the board system should be set in place but I would argue that you don’t understand, or accept how the country was set up or functions. You want an all powerful and controlling central government where the states basically have no say, the boarders are just lines on a map.
    Thank God other people don’t see it that way.
    We have state courts and Federal courts, we have state laws and Federal laws. We have local and state officials elected by simple majority and we have those elected by simple majority to serve in the Federal bodies. And each state is allotted electoral votes based on the number of the number pf representatives they have in Congress. The House being based on population and the Senate being an all-equal body.
    I didn’t make this up, this is all easily verifiable.
    Now maybe you don’t like that system or think an updated system would be better however a majority of us disagree with you so guess what? You’re stuck with this one until 2/3 of the states agree to change something (per the Constitution).
    So hey, it is what it is.

McCallum
    Participant

Because Hillary’s foreign policy is based on Scoupe Jackson principles. Her position is the neo-conservative position which declares that the US is the indispensable nation whose goals are noble and without question.

Trump claims to be America 1st in nature which is the inherent position of the vast majority of the republic as well as the desire of the Founders.

Trump broke with and attacked the Republican establishment which is pro-war, pro-intervention. Putin knows that Trump is not ideological thus he knows he can cut a deal.

McCallum

GoldenChain
    Participant

Because Hillary’s foreign policy is based on Scoupe Jackson principles. Her position is the neo-conservative position which declares that the US is the indispensable nation whose goals are noble and without question.

Trump claims to be America 1st in nature which is the inherent position of the vast majority of the republic as well as the desire of the Founders.

Trump broke with and attacked the Republican establishment which is pro-war, pro-intervention. Putin knows that Trump is not ideological thus he knows he can cut a deal.

McCallum

I do accept that as a legit proposition, then my question becomes :what we have been doing has been a fisco in Russian relations so maybe it is deal making time.

Another related point which has gone unmentioned in all of this ‘Trump hate’ related to Putin is that one of O’Bama’s main campaign points in 2008 was sitting down with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. How did that work out for you (us)?! He made a fool of him and cut ridiculous deals (like getting all that money …in cash…that was promised to the defunct Shaw of Iran…brilliant).

So I don’t get this:
    O’Bama talking to Ahmadinejad considered great by the media and political hacks
    Trump talking to Putin considered toxic by the media and political hacks

Break that one down for me MCCallum

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I have one question for you spry lads. How many of you have changed your political affiliation based on the banter in this thread?

18 pages.. so it can’t be fruitless. Right???

YogiNC
    Participant

TAT, This is the ultimate game. For all the marbles, football and BBall is chump change. This is a discussion about what really affects us, non spectator, WE are in the game. For quite sometime we have seen the shift to progressive and those of us who feel that is REALLY the wrong direction we are ready to see change. For those on the other side of the fence there is massive weeping and gnashing of teeth. Time for them to sit down and roll with the flow like they’ve told us to do for the last 8 years. It’s our turn to sit at the big table.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I have one question for you spry lads. How many of you have changed your political affiliation based on the banter in this thread?

Sorry Troll… that does not matter so much….

18 pages.. so it can’t be fruitless. Right???

Fruitless? Not in least…

We’ve learned a lot about each other that we didn’t know…
    We’ve learned from each other things we didn’t know…

That’s a sound basis for trust.

No… most of the problems we discussed, we can’t fix.

But I’ll bet you a gray NCState PE shirt that if “we” were given a clean shot at a new problem and the tools / support needed, “we” could surprise some folks.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

lol you guys don’t mind me.. i’m just popping off at the mouth (aka trollin). Political threads are usually easy pickins.

McCallum
    Participant

Easy to break down, anything Obama does is/was fine for two reasons:

1) he is partly black thus exempting him from any criticism
    2) he is a Democrat

It gets a bit more complicated after that. Russia, in one of the great turns in history, has gone from a revolutionary state back to a traditional/moral state committed to its native population. Solzhenitsyn’s address to Harvard in 1978 gives you a glimpse of the historic Russian mind, Christian-Orthodox-nativist. Those underpinnings are clearly contrary to the globalist push and when you couple Putin’s crack down on homosexual non-sense as well as the expulsion of US based NGOs then you have a pariah state.

Much like the elites pushed North Carolina around after the law limiting movement of transvestites, Russia found itself in a similar state. Iran likewise is a moral traditional state, they also are not bound up in international debt. They are a bulwark against Sunni Islam just as Russia is through her Orthodox Church.

Obama is considered anti-Israel in some quarters simply for not dropping to his knees like every president and performing fellatio on any Israeli leader. Obama greatest supporters are American Jews, the reasons are complex and lengthy much of it dealing with radicalism.

I support talking to Iran and Russia. I support the expulsion of neo-conservatives from any and all political discourse, their ideas are simply bad and the greatest testament to their ideas is the current state of affairs in the Middle East.

McCallum

pakfanistan
    Participant

pak, the quote for yale could be just as easily pointed at Hillary. Face it, she IS a felon.

The defining characteristic of a felon is having been convicted of a felony, so by that objective metric she’s not a felon.

YogiNC
    Participant

Not so pak, if you commit a felony by normal standards (others who did the same thing and what they were charged with … See OJ Simpson) even if you aren’t convicted you are in that group. What she did was a felony, because of who she was she got a pass. I can give you a ton of names of people who did the same crime to a much lesser degree who were convicted AND spent time in prison (which she may still get charged and convicted, one can only hope). So just because she got a pass does NOT mean she is not a FELON. Trust me, had you done it you would be in prison at this very moment. It was egregious.

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 511 total)
  • The topic ‘NC Political Predictions’ is closed to new replies.