N.C. State vs. West Virginia; Saturday Open

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. West Virginia; Saturday Open

Viewing 21 posts - 326 through 346 (of 346 total)
  • Author
    Texpack
    Participant

Free throw shooting
    Free throw shooting
    Free throw shooting
    Free throw shooting

Rick
    Keymaster

If we best Wofford (that hurts to say) then this is not a really bad loss. But this one really keeps us out if the tournament

Rick
    Keymaster

Good night.

I always wonder why I bother caring.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

well … this has been fun…. not…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Proud of the effort by the guys. I’m done.

I’m fine if we never schedule a Huggins-coached team again. That’s not being chickenshit. It’s one-part ‘player safety’ and one part ‘this isn’t basketball’.

Holy ****

Wulfpack
    Participant

Too early to prognosticate re thetourney. Got to at well in league play for sure.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… guess we need to go to the weight room instead of the hardwood…

it’s hard to hit free throws when you arms have been beat on for two and one half hours…

Rick
    Keymaster

well … this has been fun…. not…

The official slogan of ncsu athletics.

redcanine
    Participant

We are one competent big man away from being a very good team.

Rick
    Keymaster

Proud of the effort by the guys. I’m done.

I’m fine if we never schedule a Huggins-coached team again. That’s not being chickenshit. It’s one-part ‘player safety’ and one part ‘this isn’t basketball’.

Holy ****

Replace Huggins with Bennett.

MrPlywood
    Participant

PR bringing SD back, first and goal, down by 7, 42 seconds.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Good night, girls…

MrPlywood
    Participant

I think Cat did a much better job of bringing the ball up in the 2nd half. But damn, FTs.

Rick
    Keymaster

I think Cat did a much better job of bringing the ball up in the 2nd half. But damn, FTs.

No doubt.

They fouled but we had plenty of chances with fts.

blpack
    Participant

We played their game and didn’t take care of the ball, missed too many FTs and just seemed out of sorts. Lots to like, but lots to improve. Some of our decision making…?

inhoc…
    Participant

The FT concern has been brought up since early in the season saying it’ll come back and haunt this team in games it needs to close out. Well…there you have it. One WTF loss to Wofford and 2 losses to [semi] legit division 1 opponents with only one semi quality win against UT. A paltry performance already playing for a bubble spot in the NCAAT before conference play.

The team is miles behind the Cheats and Dukies, weather you want to admit it or not. Just let the brutal reality to set in…

The Wolfpack cut the Mountaineers’ lead to one on three separate occasions, but were unable to close the gap. Following Lacey’s tip-in with 10:32 left, West Virginia outscored N.C. State 21-11 in a 6-minute span.

In that stretch, the Mountaineers were 8 for 9 on free throws and finished 14 for 21 from the line — including 11 for 15 in the second half.

Look at how many more FTs nc state got to shoot! And still lost because WVU were able sink the few that mattered. Keep saying that it’s not a big deal.

inhoc…
    Participant

The irony in the statement

They’ve got to guard us to, pal!”

is that they don’t have to guard FREE THROWS!!!

But that seems to be the difference maker.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The team is miles behind the Cheats and Dukies, weather you want to admit it or not. Just let the brutal reality to set in…

We are definitely behind Duke, Louisville and UVA. Though UNC, Miami and Notre Dame are ranked, they are beatable.

With the so-so out of conference performance (no signature), and with the ACC’s bottom being long and wide, we’re going to have to do some major work in conference play. I think we are going to do it. Partly because I really like this team and partly because the league appears to be weaker than usual.

We fought hard last night but the turnovers in the first half and missed free throws in the second did us in. We had our chances and didn’t take proper advantage of them.

Rick
    Keymaster

All of the good teams in the acc are like wvu. Tough defensive teams that will force TOs just like last night.
    We have one really good player. A streaky shooter. A PG who can’t shoot and big men who can’t score.
    I will be impressed if we make the tournament.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I agree that right now we don’t look like we belong. But things will even themselves out. We will be favored in at least 7 conference games. Knock off 1 or 2 and we are right there. And forgot that we have Cincy on the 30th. Good opportunity there.

Lacey and Turner are bona fide long range shooters. We do need somebody to develop on the interior, big disappointment there this far. Cat can be really good, or really bad. We had a bad Cat last night. Need more consistency there for sure. Remember Gott’s team generally always improve as the year goes on. I suspect the same this season. We will be in the conversation come March.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I want to think the Chargers for coming back and taking my attention away from the wolven game and thread. And for settling for a 40-yard FG winner, maxing out my fantasy kicker points. YAY

Viewing 21 posts - 326 through 346 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.