N.C. State vs. Tennessee – 7pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. Tennessee – 7pm

Viewing 21 posts - 151 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Big stop

Rick
    Keymaster

Did Battier just figure out we are playing small?

Moron

Wufpacker
    Participant

You have to give opponents credit, but this apparent mental block we have against putting teams away needs to go … badly.

We’re shaky in the half court under the best of circumstances. When we take our foot off the gas and try to kill clock we get downright putrid. And of course FTs. Still hoping this team can get over that hump, so to speak.

Fastback68
    Participant

31 pts for Turner!!!

WolfWiz11
    Participant

My buddy said it best, we are the NCAA equivalent of Oprah when it comes to giving leads away. And the commentators are aware (“and the NC State fans are starting to feel comfortable”).

BJD95
    Keymaster

The silver lining is that we are at least able to avoid dumbass turnovers (unlike last year, when seemingly nobody could dribble against a late press). And we are shooting FTs well during the first 38 minutes. So, our issues are much more manageable and easier to overcome this year.

That said, we still have to DO IT.

BJD95
    Keymaster

For the gamblers, still plenty of drama. Line was Pack by 6.5

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Nice tip of the cap there from Gottfried to Turner letting him get some well deserved applause

Good win. Didn’t fold when Tennessee kept pushing back and applying game pressure

Wufpacker
    Participant

Good win. Other than the obvious down the stretch, very happy with our energy and effort post-Woffordocalypse.

See ya in NY mofos.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s definitely a relief not to be going into NYC to face The King of Track Suits on a two-game losing streak. Should be a good game in the Garden.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

The King of Track Suits

Sounds like he belongs in a GTA game

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Definitely excited for Saturday, always liked Hugs. I remember when WVa was really good a few years ago, but I don’t recall what happened to their squad to make them less than stellar since then. A win would be a great confidence-builder for our guys heading towards the full non-conference schedule.

xphoenix87

Haven’t been reading along with this thread, but just one insight I want to make about the last couple of games.

The development of Abu from the beginning of the season has been stunning. He was, to put it mildly, a disaster in the first few games of the year. Just had no idea what to do when he caught the ball, and threw up ill-advised long jumpers and contested hooks that had no chance of going in. He’s been gradually getting more and more confident, and he’s been really solid these last couple games. Those early game minutes he got are an investment that’s going to pay off big time by the end of the season.

Rick
    Keymaster

Nice win.
    Let’s take out the mountaineers next

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Tyndall has made chicken soup out of chicken poop in his first year.. He was dealt a fold hand. Kudos for his accomplishment. However, I question his strategy. His non-invasive zone press for three quarters of the game didn’t yield a turnover, and he ended up sacrificing wide open threes and dunks. Yet he stuck with it. With three minutes to go down by 6 or 8 they ran 28 seconds off the shot clock, and got nothing..they simply didn’t assert themselves offensively…good win for the Pack .. a nice bounce back..

Texpack
    Participant

Abu really has shown improvement. He still doesn’t make good decisions as often as you’d like but that will come with minutes.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Hate I missed this one. Sounds like it was a good time.

Oh well, I’d never watch another game as long as we keep winning them.

Adventuroo
    Participant

First, From the PNC….it was a great game. Very good crowd for a weeknight against a non-ranked team. Crowd and students had a lot of enthusiasm.

Started out in Reynolds at NOON today. Lady Pack v. Liberty. The Karl Hess Hex and VooDooDoo was STILL there. Google Liberty and look WHO is in their Sports HoF.

http://www.liberty.edu/Flames/index.cfm?PID=18442

King Karl Hess (aka….GOTT’s NEW BFF for the season….old Butt Patter) was in the fist round.

SO, It took some doing to get a victory for the Lady Pack. It was shades of Wofford..

Onto PNC…

Little ragged coming out. BUT, we established who was the slapper and who was the slapee (Please, Domestic Violence or S&M fans….do NOT flame me).

BB is a game of runs….some idiotic Italian said that….and it was.

Tyndall used the JTV Pepperdine Strategy to try to salvage the game….but it did not work. We ACTUALLY hit most of our FT’s…some 70% or so.

Turner will GRADUATE tomorrow around 1:00….Tonight was REALLY SPECIAL. THAT could be the REAL MESSAGE…

He broke his 2013 record (which had already been broken this year) by 10 POINTS….33 TOTAL. He hit 8 TREY’s….yes 8. His past record was 6. He is NOT tied with a 3 or 4 other WP’ers……Rodney Monroe is still KING.

Other than irritating a few of the armchair coaches by NOT panicking and calling multiple time-outs to “calm down” the team….Gott did a pretty good job. He mixed up the O and the D and it kept UT off guard. He let them play through some ugliness and they seemed to overcome it.

YES, we missed a few critical free throws towards the end….but the outcome was really never in doubt. It was a great game…..so good that the folks that usually leave at 5 to go stayed. They only started to walk out under a minute.

Cat has lost his scoring touch….but Turner found it….and MORE. Lacey had 3 Trey’s….Turner and Lacey has a total of 11….and NO ONE ELSE DID.

Anya wall pulled due to needing some agility….his man nailed a few Treys….and Anya trying to go out to guard that….FORGET IT.

Anya DID pull another Coach on the Floor routine. He screamed and shouted and told the guys to get over on the corner to cut things off. He did the same at Wofford. He seems to be able to see “things” from his loftier perch.

Abu and Twin 1 played great games. Des and Freeman also helped out. Matter of fact, other than Cat’s drought…..it was a really perfect game.

It MAY go down in the book as a simple W. BUT, I think that the momentum of getting a solid win over a team that is NO SLOUCH will do wonders for the confidence of the lads going to “The Garden”….JTV would be proud.

We needed some confidence. Wofford was a tough loss….discounting all the extra curricular activity….and it did not seem to impact us tonight. I am always optimistic….so WVU….here comes the Pack. We done knocked off old Rocky Top…..bring on those Mountaineers.

redisgood
    Participant

^ Great write-up Adventuroo. Much appreciated. I am most excited about Abu’s continued development. That guy is going to be a special player.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Pretty entertaining game (of course it helps that we won, haha). Some ‘mild discomfort’ in the 2nd half, but an overall encouraging performance from our guys.

Rick
    Keymaster

^Pretty entertaining game (of course it helps that we won, haha). Some ‘mild discomfort’ in the 2nd half, but an overall encouraging performance from our guys.

It was good to see us respond so well to their run. I think that helped us more than just winning by a landslide.

Viewing 21 posts - 151 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.