N.C. State vs. Richmond, Men's Bball tonight at 7pm

Home Forums StateFans Basketball N.C. State vs. Richmond, Men's Bball tonight at 7pm

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Fastback68
    Participant

So anybody with our ft stats?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Up six with a minute and a half to go…

MG has GOTT to coach us to victory…

or we shoot 100% from the Line the rest of the way….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Oh!!!! Place would have erupted had that gone down.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

2-2 from the line for KW – nice!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

@fast…. 12-16 I think..

BJD95
    Keymaster

LOVE seeing multiple guys not get caught watching the HippoSLAM. We keep the ball and momentum as a result. This is a really freaking SMART group of players. Give them a chance to show you.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Hay are you guys seeing this FT shooting?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok… up ten with 45 seconds left and Mr.Cat at the line…
    at the end of 14=5 run…

and the proverbial NCState question is…

Can we find a way to F this up ??

Fastback68
    Participant

Thanks Bill. So 3% and ft% much better

MrPlywood
    Participant

Nice close out. Well done, well won.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ballgame…

Five-0 for 2014…

Great game tonight against a team that we easily could have lost to…

Happy Thanksgiving fellas…
    See Ya!
    I GOTT to cook something…

Pop!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Great test tonight. Wasn’t always pretty, but they had more poise and steadiness when it counted, as compared to a few days ago.

Gotta be happy about that.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Well, they didn’t shoot 72% this half 🙂

Don’t get too down on the guys for the first half … the other team shot 72% – and trailed by one.

We took a well coached team’s best shot, weathered it, and put them away … a ton of positives from this game. A much better feeling after this game as opposed to the USF game.

Solid, solid win.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

AND THE CHEATS LOST TODAY.

Today was a good day.

BJD95
    Keymaster

That is about as happy as I can possibly be about a November/December game. Awesome work by staff and players.

There’s not a single guy from 1-10 who I question or worry about their BBIQ, or about being any varietal of headcase. Think how far back you have to go in time to say THAT!

Texpack
    Participant

Nice job with the zone in the second half. We defended the 3 a lot better out of it. We have a lot of good players. Maybe not any great players, but a lot of good ones. I like Caleb Martin more each game.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Today was a good day.

Verily. I will also add that I didn’t even have to use my AK!

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

82% from the line. Take Anya out of the equation and I believe we were 16/17 from the line. Wowza!!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

There’s not a single guy from 1-10 who I question or worry about their BBIQ, or about being any varietal of headcase. Think how far back you have to go in time to say THAT!

It’s been a long time.

And Anya’s presence on the floor has an undeniable impact. Sure, he’ll foul out in the first five minutes of the Cheats games – but in legit games he just makes so much difference.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Balance is a good thing. Chemistry and harmony are great things.

Not the kind of team that projects to be broken up early by the NBA draft, either. But NOT with a low ceiling like most of that variety.

SaccoV
    Participant

Solid win. This team has by far the most guts and fight of any State team Gott has had. This was a match-up nightmare for our big guys, and the guards took over and kept us in the game. Barber did a wonderful job getting out of the way when his offense wasn’t there (a mixture of being slightly off on his shot and good defense on him from Richmond). K-Wash was very good. Le’nard solid game. All around good win, and the road to W. Lafayette is now firmly in the winnable column. I was marking that one as a sure loss after USF.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Today was a good day.

Verily. I will also add that I didn’t even have to use my AK!

Hee Hee….the urban thug in me approves.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Washington has improved his overall game by leaps and bounds. So far, I’d rate him as a net positive on defense. He also seems to be developing a knack for clutch plays.

Hipster Cat has good self-awareness. Now that his place is secure, he doesn’t get caught up trying to force things anymore. And he never let offensive struggles impact his defense.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It wouldn’t be Hole week if I didn’t also mention that all of our guys can f-cking read!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

In his postgame radio interview, Gottfried made a point of stating how the team didn’t get discouraged with Richmond’s style of play and didn’t get down when they kept hitting (almost) all their shots.

He’s right. To Bjd’s point about basketball IQ, add to it that we didn’t wilt mentally. It seems like it’s been 30 years since we’ve had a mentally tough team … hopefully that’s the case for this team, as it was tonight.

We held them for 5+ minutes without a score! They lost their legs, but that’s to our guys’ credit.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.