N.C. State vs, Notre Dame – 6:30pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs, Notre Dame – 6:30pm

Viewing 8 posts - 426 through 433 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    Tau837
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>ancsu87 wrote:</div>
    . In this day and age unless your KU or Duke I would rather get the steady solid players that stay for 4 years with the Warren type McD AA throw in occasionally.

I happen to agree but there are a couple of problems with your theory in regards to NCSU.<br>
    1) We are averaging two players a year to transfer. So we either are always going to be young or bring in transfers. Neither of which fit into your scenario.<br>
    2) Recruiting that TJ Warren type player. Two years ago I guess you could argue Cat is supposed to be that player. He’s not. This year. no player like that. Next year, no player like that.

So to sumarize, we lose too many players to be able to rely on four year players and we have not been able to recruit a “TJ Warren” type player in two (and you could argue three) years. We are not exactly following that particular path to success.

You continue to stubbornly ignore what has already been pointed out regarding transfers. 5 of the 7 transfers out happened before Gott’s second season began. That can be attributed to the coaching transition. In the 2 years since, we have had 2 transfers out of the program: Lewis and Purvis. We are not averaging two players per year to transfer.

Mike
    Participant

If transfers out are an indicator of good coach/bad coach, has anyone counted the number of players leaving Durham? I would venture to say there are more transfers out of Durham than Raleigh. K should be fired, how can he build a program losing a player or two every year?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Duke and Carolina have been relatively lucky lately, Duke probably because they’ve had so many guys go pro.

But on average, 40% of D1 players transfer before their third year.

So it’s not just an NC State problem.

Rick
    Keymaster

Duke and Carolina have been relatively lucky lately, Duke probably because they’ve had so many guys go pro.

But on average, 40% of D1 players transfer before their third year.

So it’s not just an NC State problem.

Since it’s not a problem only Gott faces so can we all agree that youth is just an excuse?

tractor57
    Participant

Rick I’ll bite on that one. If you are talking the few one and done players the high level of athletic talent can compensate for lack of experience. However if you are speaking of the current Pack roster of gifted athletes but I would think no one and done type the lack of experience shows more. An excuse? Not really but possibly an explanation.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Rick I’ll bite on that one. If you are talking the few one and done players the high level of athletic talent can compensate for lack of experience. However if you are speaking of the current Pack roster of gifted athletes but I would think no one and done type the lack of experience shows more. An excuse? Not really but possibly an explanation.

Duke got significantly better when K resigned himself to recruiting 1 and dones instead of 4 year players.

Mike
    Participant

I was not talking one and dones at Duke, I am talking players who transfer. K has had a boatload of straight transfers.

As for K having more success with one and dones pakfan, I disagree. Since K started going that route, Duke has not fared as well. Last championship for Duke was 2010, on a senior heavy team. The one and dones are the cause of the early exits.

Rick
    Keymaster

Good, we canm all agree every coach has to deal with “young players” (which is why any coach would froth at the mouth for the experience in our backcourt) and thus blaming a loss on “youth” is not a legitimate argument.

BTW, both UNC and Miami play more “youth” than we do and yet they beat us.

So just stop talking about youth.

Viewing 8 posts - 426 through 433 (of 433 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.