N.C. State vs, Notre Dame – 6:30pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs, Notre Dame – 6:30pm

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Wufpacker, Rick, Wufpup…

I’m NOT going to listen to a bunch of anti-coach whinny bullsh$t tonight…

Ya’ll want to go ahead and block me now ?

Interesting given my silence this game.

Losing an 18 point leave is pathetic but we seen to do this consistently

Wulfpack
    Participant

Three very winnable games before we host UVa then go to Lville. 7-4 headed into those two is what we need as we’ve dropped 3-of-4 since the Duke win.

rbwolfpack
    Participant

I just have gave up on this season. I gave up on our coach last year when we lost Lowes players and now I know why. Maybe Ill be back next year. Good luck for them rest of year

john of sparta
    Participant

bottom line:
    1 NCSU is seeded in the NCAA.
    2.NCSU wins our first game.
    3.we lose next game. Gott gets $.
    how hard is this?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I would really like to see someone defend the first hail mary pass.

I’ll take that question…

1. It’s a READ play… and it’s in every GOOD team’s playbook…
    2. When you GOTT your man open on the fly on the other side of halfcourt … it’s 90% positive… all the time…
    3. When it’s available … taking it is automatic… and the passer has to hit the flyer… You HAVE to make the pass…
    4. Anybody who blames the Coach for not making a pass when the Coach doesn’t have the ball in his hands … doesn’t know jack…
    5. Same peeps would have told Pete Carroll to tell Russell to quit throwing the ball last weekend …

End of conservation. No response required or expected.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Heelh8r
    Participant

I agree the conservative play was the correct play. I just don’t believe Gott called the play. I bet he had the same reaction we did.
    I did have fun. This was my first game on the thread. It was a great game. Not fun to lose but we fought our tails off. All we can do is keep getting better and get our share of wins. Don’t give up…we’re still in this.

the_phisherman
    Participant

Ok, I forgot about the long pass turnover when we were up two. At that point, we had our best free throw shooters in. Why didn’t Gott sub one of the out for a rebounder when the ball went out of bounds? That’s why we couldn’t get a rebound to seal the win. You have to sub offense for defense.

PackofMac
    Participant

losers find ways to lose, no matter the circumstance or situation. we are losers, please football season come quick.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Lol. Coaches, commentators, fans abhor cross-court passes in the half court–easily picked off, no? To make a hail mary pass with 15 secs left when you’re up 2 points to the #8 team in the nation (yes, for a reason, which we saw tonight), doesn’t seem smart.

If Gott didn’t call that play, great. Then it’s on the passer (can’t remember who that was). If Gott did call that play, I just wonder why. That’s all. Just asking for a polite discourse on the forum. I obviously cannot stop watching the freakshow, no matter how many times I get disappointed (it’s like a chick who stops blowing when you’re almost there).

I appreciate your response, though. At the end of the day, it is just a sport. So having a place to air our grievances is great and I love SFN for that. Even when I”m just reading others’s thoughts.

coach13
    Participant

bs as a coach would not have had that as an option…its game situation…stupid IMO…

Wulfpack
    Participant

We were up two with 16.5 to play. That’s when the pass occurred. The risks outweigh the reward there. Just inbound the dang ball, make your free throws, and take a 4 point lead. That’s the right play.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I would really like to see someone defend the first hail mary pass.

I’ll take that question…

1. It’s a READ play, not a CALLED play … and it’s in every GOOD team’s playbook…
    2. When you GOTT your man open on the fly on the other side of halfcourt … it’s 90% positive… all the time…
    3. When it’s available … taking it is automatic… and the passer has to hit the flyer… You HAVE to make the pass…
    4. Anybody who blames the Coach for not making a pass when the Coach doesn’t have the ball in his hands … doesn’t know jack…
    5. Same peeps would have told Pete Carroll to tell Russell to quit throwing the ball last weekend …

End of conservation. No response required or expected.

coach13
    Participant

We were up two with 16.5 to play. That’s when the pass occurred. The risks outweigh the reward there. Just inbound the dang ball, make your free throws, and take a 4 point lead. That’s the right play. .

Bingo….winner!

WolfWiz11
    Participant

We were up two with 16.5 to play. That’s when the pass occurred. The risks outweigh the reward there. Just inbound the dang ball, make your free throws, and take a 4 point lead. That’s the right play. .

Co-sign.

Khan
    Participant

It’s cute how the word “got” is so often spelled “GOTT”.

tjfoose1
    Participant

And Doeren is in over his head.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I might be the whiniest MF’er here, but I’m at least self-aware …

That made me LOL. 🙂

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Read play for Lacey, he pulled the trigger but had poor execution. It looked like Martin was sprinting open and Lacey unfortunately threw a floater. Ultimately, it was Lacey’s decision.

I feel really bad for him. You could tell he was kicking himself after the fact … I just hope that one play didn’t affect his play in the OT session.

Hell, even if we’d have won I would have still been frustrated by the blown lead and what I felt to be inconsistent whistles. We had them on the damn ropes, and all of a sudden down 18 they’re in the double bonus. Grrrrrrrrrr

the_phisherman
    Participant

Anyone who thinks we would have hit two free throws on a 1-1 is smoking crack. I guarantee that we miss the front end and have the same result

Khan
    Participant

We GOTT out coached…once again. We GOTT our butts kicked in another game we could have and should have won. We ain’t GOTT no chance of bringing home an ACC or NCAA title. We GOTT at least 3 more years of this. Yay!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

That made me LOL.

Hahaha good … we need some levity

tjfoose1
    Participant

Dumb mistakes, yes. Doesn’t change the fact this place is all too frequently overrun by dicks, douches, and asses.

See ya.

Khan
    Participant

Refs didn’t blow an 18 point lead.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

We were 9-12 on free throws tonight. Cody and Caleb 4-4. I would still take those chances over a turnover.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok… math guys… try this..

Are we hitting 90% from the free throw line ?
    ….remember one of our best free throw shooters – Lacey – was the passer so he can’t pass to himself and make the free throws too..

Are we scared to throw the knock out punch ???

^This is why you want them to throw the pass…
    ^If you want them to play scared… you might as well call out to Arizona and ask them if we can have HWNSNBM back…

Personally as a Coach… I would much rather accept the passing error and the loss with a smile and have them playing fearless than to have a bunch of guys who were scared to give their all who won one game they shouldn’t have won …

Some of ya’ll need to remember… it’s been one month — four and a half weeks since the Wofford game..

I’m clueless as to what your expectations are and how you justify them, but do us all a favor and don’t tell me…

Viewing 25 posts - 351 through 375 (of 433 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.