N.C. State vs, Notre Dame – 6:30pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs, Notre Dame – 6:30pm

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 433 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I called the first LONG BALL Lacey to Martin.. and I’ll stand by the percentages on that…
    when you looking at five guards on D in front of you…
    that’s the HOOT Gibson play…

the second one to ABU was the only play with 1.8 sec left… no discussion ’bout ‘dat….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    packalum44
    Participant

Big surprise. Good enough to be up 18 points and we blow it. Anyone read my Q&A from last game?

Good news…reasonable minds (DY) have seen enough to realize G is charred meat. Bad news…its expensive for one of the poorest schools in the NCAA to fire a coach with 3 years left on his contract. I.E., cross your fingers we can hold out for Archie till next year (doubtful).

Where do we come from? Where are we? Where do we want to be?

ldr of the pk 75
    Participant

We remain an average program, masquerading as big time basketball. You don’t become an elite program with just pretty unis’s or a pretty home floor design. You have to develop as players and coaches. You don’t become elite letting these type games go, or at Miami Thursday. We play too well during short segments of any game, not to be able to capitalize and close the deal a good percentage of the time.

coach13
    Participant

Were we that scared to shoot freethrows? Other teams have to be laughing at us…

packof81
    Participant

Why do we lose so many close games? Nobody is that unlucky.

Jediwolf
    Participant

How frustrating can it get. We have to start making our own breaks. Team played hard all the way to the end. I still believe we will see this team turn around and make a deep run in the big dance.

eas
    Participant

I’m tired of hearing about the Wolfpack just barely loosing another one due to a young team. There are a boat load of excellent young teams. That’s not really a good reason for loosing anymore. Yes we are fairly young but still we shouldn’t be choking these leads or making some of the mistakes we make.

It’s easy for people to say hey man what do you expect ND was the #8 team. However, we are certainly talented enough that we should be better than we are. I’m not throwing stones here just saying this curse to never get to the Mtn top never goes away. I’m just beyond frustrated anymore.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Wufpacker, Rick, Wufpup…

I’m NOT going to listen to a bunch of anti-coach whinny bullsh$t tonight…

Ya’ll want to go ahead and block me now ?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    packalum44
    Participant

The only legitimate discussion to be had is who is our next coach? I hope its Archie or we’re f-cked.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Wufpacker, Rick, Wufpup…

Buck stops at the top. Damn you Pat McCrory.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

I would really like to see someone defend the first hail mary pass. We HAD the game. Period! Even if we make only one FT, that’s a THREE pt-lead. And let’s be serious, how many last second threes go in? That would have given us some cushion to play light defense. I’m sorry, but that’s ALL coaching. And I like Gott, I really do. I like this team. And I grew up in Raleigh (a State fan). And I went to State. And I don’t have any alcohol to cheer me up.

Khan
    Participant

I really hope by this point that nobody is surprised by this. When is the last close game where we actually got a shot off at the end? Anybody know?

It’s a real shame that I even have to ask that question.

Gottfried is at best a mediocre coach and one who will likely never bring our program to a championship caliber one.

But whatever. It appears to be our eternal fate.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^^highstick, I mostly agree. Tonight though, my huge grip with the stripes was perceived inconsistency. In the heat of the moment, it seemed to me that there was – for a long while – a wide discrepancy in how tight each end was called. Straight up on one end was not straight up on the other.

As much as it makes me violently ill, I have to give ND credit … that said, a tweet here or there completely changes the complexion and flow of the game. Honestly, I’m sitting here asking myself how we lost that game. That was an excellent match-up for us that we led by 18 freaking points … and lost. I didn’t think it was all State or Gott fuck ups. But I’ve been wrong plenty before.

john of sparta
    Participant

essentially….EVERYbody is young.
    one and done will do that to you.
    YOUNG is not an excuse.
    COACH is an excuse.

packalum44
    Participant

It is almost cruel to kill yourself pontificating on which plays lost this and that game. You could make a career out of highlighting Gott’s mind numbing in-game decisions. Why bother?

You miss the forest for the trees. This program loses the games on the 364 days of the year other than whichever game we ruminate over. Let’s move on.

the_phisherman
    Participant

Why do people keep harping about the long inbounds pass and hitting free throws. It was tied at that point. ND was not going to foul us.

Heelh8r
    Participant

I seriously doubt Gott called the home run ball. Will be interesting to see how he describes it. It may have been there, but it was a bad release the ball just went straight up in the air.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Why do we lose so many close games?

We also lose the ones where we are up by 18.

Texpack
    Participant

I would really like to see someone defend the first hail mary pass. We HAD the game. Period! Even if we make only one FT, that’s a THREE pt-lead. And let’s be serious, how many last second threes go in? That would have given us some cushion to play light defense. I’m sorry, but that’s ALL coaching. And I like Gott, I really do. I like this team. And I grew up in Raleigh (a State fan). And I went to State. And I don’t have any alcohol to cheer me up.

The first long pass was a great idea. Poor pass. Good pass and we win the game. I had no problem with that play. My issue was not sticking Anya or Washington into the game to rebound with a two point lead.

packalum44
    Participant

Question: What is NC State’s goal?

Answer: To win another national title.

Question: Who thinks Gott will ever win a Championship?

Answer: Not a sane soul.

Question: WTF?

Answer: NC State.

Question: Why do UNC alumni think we’re losers?

Answer: Because we are.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Good pass and we win the game.

Bad one and you put yourself in a position to lose it. And that’s exactly what happened. It wasn’t the smart play.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The other trend developing (outside of lack of late game execution and giving up leads) is that we never seem to come up with the rebound when we need it to seal the game. It wasn’t glaring tonight, but it still hurt us, as it did at Miami.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

We were up 2 points when we threw the first long ball.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

It wasn’t the smart play.

Exactly. I”m not even sure why it’s so hard for some people to see. Smart, conservative play calling wins in that situation.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Wufpacker, Rick, Wufpup…

It’s a game thread. If there’s hate in your heart, let it out. (But, you know, try to be civil in your hatred!)

For everyone: only speaking for myself, I don’t censor. That said, a continuing string of ad hominems or questioning of fanhoods will eventually try even my patience. I might be the whiniest MF’er here, but I’m at least self-aware … so, far be it for me to tell anyone what they can or can’t say. Fight clean and fair, let your voice be heard and you’re ok in my book even if I disagree with your points. Argue points, discredit BS – but try to stay away from flaming one another. It’s tiresome for everyone. Have fun 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 433 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.