N.C. State vs. La. Tech – 7pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. La. Tech – 7pm

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Would this be a “good win?”

It’s NOT a bad loss, so by Rick’s logic, it must be.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

If you’d just lower your standards a little maybe you won’t be as surprised next time.

redcanine
    Participant

I’m a happy Wolfpack fan right now.

Biggestt come-from-behind (LOL) margin in Gott’s time here, right?

Rick
    Keymaster

Well, they did what they had to do (and just barely) to win sooooo….could be worse.

Any other positive takeaways will have to come from someone else.

About the best way to put it.
    We won. I will let the Sunshiners (since bill pulled out the whiners) polish this turd.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Any other positive takeaways will have to come from someone else.

Hey, the other team gets to talk about what should have been for a change.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Everyone make sure to buy Rick gift cards to Applebee’s for Christmas.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ricky.. was I referring to you ?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tjfoose1
    Participant

Just get a chromecast guys. Use it with the watchespn app on your phone and you can’t tell the difference between espn3 and a regular tv broadcast.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

We’ve also now won one game without Lacey (Charleston So) and one game without Turner (La Tech)

Rick
    Keymaster

Would this be a “good win?”

It’s NOT a bad loss, so by Rick’s logic, it must be.

I do not understand your point.

Rick
    Keymaster

ricky.. was I referring to you ?

I have no idea. I was a little surprised that you pulled that out though. The bitterness seemed out of character for you.

lawful
    Participant

I believe we won tonight because of what I had queued up at the half:

That was a great loss by the team. Clearly better than picking up a bad win. I’m proud of the way they fought against what was clearly a superior team and program. I’m sure this loss will help us going forward and will help us in the ACC season and throughout the post-season.

We’re still a very young team that is developing chemistry and learning to understand what the coaching staff is attempting to accomplish. Our half court offense is a work in progress but I’m sure will be running on all cylinders by the end of the season. You can see the substantial improvement already in the ability to handle the pressure.

I can see this team being extremely strong by the end of the season. We might even crack the top 10 of the conference.

Rick
    Keymaster

Sorry, bitterness was the wrong word.
    I meant jab.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’m a happy Wolfpack fan right now.

Biggestt come-from-behind (LOL) margin in Gott’s time here, right?

If I’m not mistaken, we won against Texas in Gottfried’s first season after trailing by 18 … so barring another outcome I’m forgetting this result would tie.

Happy for Gottfried, he knew he and the team needed it.

Try to play nice everyone, we’re all going to Applebee’s and doesn’t look forward to that?!

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Turn it too CBSSN and you can watch one of our future coaches right now or in 45 minutes. Archie is beating the Jackets

Rick
    Keymaster

Billy Hoyle and I prefer Sizzler.

Rick
    Keymaster

Turn it too CBSSN and you can watch one of our future coaches right now or in 45 minutes. Archie is beating the Jackets

I would love that to happen but we all know how things tend to fall for us.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

We’re still a very young team that is developing chemistry and learning to understand what the coaching staff is attempting to accomplish.

Can you explain to me what they are trying to accomplish because I’d really like to know.

Rick
    Keymaster

We’re still a very young team that is developing chemistry and learning to understand what the coaching staff is attempting to accomplish.

Can you explain to me what they are trying to accomplish because I’d really like to know.

Quail offense (as per paki)

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

If that’s the case Rick then Mission Accomplished.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ricky…I ain’t hard to get along with, but even I have limits… esp. with whining and bitching….
    esp. during what will be the best 15 minutes of bball we’ll see this season…

now we may see it again, but it won’t be any better.
    …which speaks directly to “who these kids” are…
    KW was the spiritual leader tonight…
    Cat found the ‘zone’…
    Lacey with the killer instinct…
    Anya disappeared in the first quarter and did not return…

which, since you asked, is exactly what ‘lawful’ was talking about…
    it’s not all X&Os…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

bill, hope you’re proven wrong on the best 15 minutes!

And yeah, tough game for Anya. Not a lot of energy and also a terrible match-up, especially when we went up-tempo in the 2nd half. KW definitely the unsung hero.

Texpack
    Participant

With ESPN3 locked up I had to go with the game cast option. Reading this thread after the game was over was priceless. This group doesn’t quit. Enjoy the week off. See everyone on Friday for the fake money bowl.

Merry Christmas!

lawful
    Participant

I dunno. I was quoting those that were living on the “good loss” mentality from the Wofford game. It’s all 100% pure tripe. I’ve always been in the camp of losing is losing and winning is winning. There are no good losses or bad wins. I only see two columns when I look at the standings: wins and losses.

Rick
    Keymaster

Bill,

.esp. with whining and bitching

I guess we could just not post because there was absolutely nothing positive to say about that first half.
    We win the game but this does not appear to be a good team. I do not understand why saying so gets you so irate. BTW I think that first half deserved some complaining. It was awful.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.