N.C. State vs. La. Tech – 7pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. La. Tech – 7pm

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Also, does this mean we have to wait on the airing of grievances?

lawful
    Participant

Everything else was a bunch of frustrated sarcasm…which is what most of this season has become. Hope it gets better from here.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Merry Christmas Texpack.

Forgive me gang, but I’m watching Hawai’i vs. Wichita St., and there’s this lady photographer sitting on one of the baselines … aaaaaand she’s wearing daisy dukes. No big deal, right? Welp, she’s been sitting upright – but not with her legs crossed – I guess for better photo angles. The thing is, when they go to an up close camera angle from the defensive point of view – she is quite exposed. Like really exposed. And then going to commercial break Espn2 just showed a chick on a surfboard in a thong … never thought I would see these sights on Espn2.

tractor57
    Participant

I didn’t get to watch the first half but I did listen to the last of it. Simply fugly. The second half started in the same trend. The last quarter something sparked the team and they played with passion.
    Forget the good loss/bad win crap. This was a win and probably the best 15 minutes of BB we will see this year.

I no longer try to read the posts during a game – just doesn’t fit my style. At this point I am barely reading here at all. The signal to noise is getting really bad. The signal (posts that provide insight) still makes a check in worthy but the trend is downward.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Bill, don’t get upset with water for being wet.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Also, does this mean we have to wait on the airing of grievances?

Haha don’t hold back.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Pup…

check that…
    13 minutes of the best bball we’ll see this season.

13:21 50-34 Trevor Lacey Defensive Rebound
    9:46 52-50 Anthony Barber made Layup.

a 16-2 run … in 4:34

and never looked back to finish 23 – 13 over the last nine minutes including 8 of the last 9 from the free throw line… with solid contributions from every body on the floor…

final score – 73-65

is nothing to whine or bitch about..

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Yeah Bill, I was worried when they responded and went back up by 6 at 58-52, but our guys didn’t flinch. Mental toughness cannot be questioned for this team at this time. Could probably use some more on-court toughness, like Kyle Washington gave in the 2nd half.

Fastback68
    Participant

Sounds like I missed a major comeback.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… pup…
    Coach made a paradigmatic shift in the offense after the WVa game…
    but let’s post the details of that tomorrow on new topic…
    it will get buried here.

that’s what put us down in the first half…
    and that’s what brought us back in the second.

tjfoose1
    Participant

is nothing to whine or bitch about..

That’s like telling a u*nc walmarter still working on their GED there’s no justification for their arrogance.

They gonna crow because they crow. Period. It defines them.

Rick
    Keymaster

.is nothing to whine or bitch about..

Who is complaining about the result?
    The complaints were about the horrid play of the first half.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

wufpup76
    Keymaster

… pup…
    Coach made a paradigmatic shift in the offense after the WVa game…
    but let’s post the details of that tomorrow on new topic…
    it will get buried here.

that’s what put us down in the first half…
    and that’s what brought us back in the second.

Yeah I look forward to your post.

SaccoV
    Participant

Good comeback. Was Gott’s undressing a reflection of the officiating or his team’s play? In the 2nd half he was without coat. By the time the score was 58-52, his tie was gone. I was hoping at least that his pants would stay on for the duration of the game.

El Lobo Loco!
    Participant

Even though a win is a win, that was a painful game to watch
    So little passion, so many missed opportunities

Luckily it was LA Tech… if it was Duke or UNC we would have come out of the 1st half with a 30 points deficit
    I was astounded for the lack of decision in going to the basket, all the time was race like a horse, stop like a mule.

Not much hope for the rest of the season 🙁
    Hope I’m mistaken

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Good comeback. Was Gott’s undressing a reflection of the officiating or his team’s play? In the 2nd half he was without coat. By the time the score was 58-52, his tie was gone. I was hoping at least that his pants would stay on for the duration of the game.

Work hard play hard?

Hawaii – Wichita State shaping up for a great ending on Espn2 for anyone still around

SaccoV
    Participant

Headed to OT, WufPup! Which end has the eye candy?

SaccoV
    Participant

Texas loses at home to Stanford tonight.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Headed to OT, WufPup! Which end has the eye candy?

Haha, she’s on the Wichita end. Never a close-up, so I’m not sure of the candy level – but there were some gratuitous shots earlier.

Good game and big shots.

Tau837
    Participant

13:21 50-34 Trevor Lacey Defensive Rebound
    9:46 52-50 Anthony Barber made Layup.

a 16-2 run … in 4:34

That is actually 3:35. And it was a better run than that… it was 50-32 with 13:36 remaining, so it was an 18-2 run in 3:50.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Check that…

wufpup… what’s your email address?

Adventuroo
    Participant

I was at the game and it was NOT a pleasant halftime. Just sitting there and reflecting on the score….down 15. And our FG & 3 PT & FT %’s were really depressing…..but we did lead in Turnovers. Then it really got bad.

My take is that it was the curse of the shirt. If you look at Coach Gott’s shirt in the Postgame Presser, he probably got a call from ORW who wanted to know WHERE he bought it?

Don’t know, but finally, the team showed some courage. They did believe and they came back.

I wonder if they really had not taken LT seriously. Most are going home this morning and looking forward to a few days off and to be with family.

Trevor Lacey, in the WPN post game, summed it up. KW fired them up and the shots started to fall. YES, they did change their style of play…..and were playing with confidence. Both Lacey and Cat did their spectacular behind the back dribbling….that same routine that turned the ball over ONE out every THREE possessions against WVU.

But, they kept their poise. When we got within 2, you KNEW (or you should have) that LT would make a mini-run and extended the lead to around 8 (6?) or so. But, we took a deep breath and responded and took the lead.

I have seen us play with a small lead against WORSE teams and been totally tense as to winning. Last night, we let it drop to 4 or so, but there was never any doubt in my mind that we were going to win.

I did not bother to read the first 8 posts….probably a lot of adult beverages were consumed….and folks, hopefully, feel better. The holiday season can cause a lot of unneeded stress and maybe all the postings about firing Coach, firing AD Yow, burning down the PNC, etc. (or was that about UNC?) should have made folks feel better.

GO PACK….Merry Christmas…

Rick
    Keymaster

I cannot fathom why anyone would not expect negative posits when the pick is down 15 to Lt at the half.

Whatever. The name calling will stop.

Wulfpack
    Participant

My opinion of this team has started to change the past two games. We are a decent team but I’m not expecting much in conference play. We’ll be lucky to be bubble material come March. There are just so many things we don’t do well consistently.

The team showed some fight against WVU and battled back last night, but they also dug themselves into a hole in both. And being down that much to a bad La Tech team raises concerns. That’s not going to work against better competition, which we are most certainly going to see soon. Couple that with a so so out of conference slate and a very down and deep ACC at the bottom and I’m not seeing a whole lot of room for optimism. We are going to have to knock off a few of the top teams, and right now I do not have much confidence that we can do that. We’ll be lucky to dance.

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.