N.C. State vs. Clemson – 9pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. Clemson – 9pm

Viewing 14 posts - 326 through 339 (of 339 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

I’d just as soon be shuffled off, if figure 8’s and basketweaves have no context after Redcanine’s take to folks.

Wulfpack
    Participant

^
    Nope

Your loss. Why post if nobody can understand you? Honest question.

freshmanin83
    Participant

So I went back and reread Redcanine’s post and then thought maybe I will search and see if a figure eight was some kind of suture but then decided it was too much effort.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Your loss. Why post if nobody can understand you? Honest question.

It’s like a crossword puzzle. It wouldn’t be any fun if the boxes were already filled in.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… for those that may not remember…taken in context above…

A “figure-eight” is a passing drill most basketball coaches, starting in Junior High, use in practice…

and if you can’t run the figure eight… you don’t make the team…

On rare occasion… you may catch a glimpse of it … on a fast break in a live game…

————-

The CowDog decoder ring says… “Mr. Dog is referring to basketball coaches who know their X&Os in fine detail…”

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Actually, C’Dogspeak is sometimes more akin to a combo of Sudoku and Cryptoquote. But I had this one.

TheCOWDOG

No fun. Redcanine writes of staunching the bleeding.

Premier coaches practice preventive medicine. Any coach worth his salt knows ankle taping.

The figure 8 and the basketweave are the 2 most common forms of wrapping.

…How hard was that?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… well that decoder ring was close… but not right..

Excellent point Cuz about preventive medicine…

But as Coach Sloan pointed out one night….
    Just because you GOTT your ankles taped … that doesn’t mean you can’t or won’t sprain your ankle when….

1. you’re doing something you shouldn’t be doing…
    2. you’re not in top shape…
    3. there’s a freak accident… that’s not really your fault…

Ever how it happens, when that “ankle sprain” happens, you GOTT to have rest, therapy and rehab and then a good Coach is gonna get your A%% back out on the court and tell you to try not to make the same mistakes again…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redisgood
    Participant

No fun. Redcanine writes of staunching the bleeding.

Premier coaches practice preventive medicine. Any coach worth his salt knows ankle taping.

The figure 8 and the basketweave are the 2 most common forms of wrapping.

…How hard was that?

Easy for people to miss. They are also 400 level courses at Carolina.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Welp, all I know is that at time in the first half the other night State’s offense resembled the ol’ ‘weave and heave’ that used to reside in Raleigh. There weren’t a lot of ‘baskets’ to go along with the ‘weaving’. Hell, there was hardly any weaving.

On top of that, we got within 3 points in the 2nd half and had Clemson in the double bonus, and started trying to execute the same half-court offense that didn’t work in the first half. We could have just kept attacking the basket at will – nope. Gotta force up some 3’s against a defense that obviously knew our only two plays consist of running Turner off multiple screens or clearing out for a Lacey iso.

Somebody harped on that earlier in the game thread, and they were right. I’m being unfair w/ my characterization of the second half, but it’s quite galling that we didn’t get to the line more after having Clemson in the double bonus with 10 minutes to go in the game.

Rick
    Keymaster

It was was like a “drunk and thunk” offense the way players staggered around the court and then tossed up a brick

redcanine
    Participant

Preventive medicine, absolutely. But when there’s a wreck, and healing is required, top tier coaches nurse their teams back to health. Now, blowing hose leads against Miami and Notre Dame caused, IMO, a serious injury. Getting owned by Clemson put us in a coma. Kevorkian is starting to leave flyers on our doorstep.

Getting us back on track after a couple of tough losses is, or should be, a clause in Gottfried’s contract. We’re in a place that just showing up with a pulse won’t help us. We need to be BETTER than we were, and nothing similar to what we have been the last week or so.

Buckle up!

packbackr04
    Participant

Sorry, Im a day or 2 late in replying to CD’s astute observations regarding the teams chemistry. I guess I am just confused how any of them could be jealous or upset about anything but their own play? All of them have had ample opportunity to be “THE” man and ALL of them have come up short in more ways than one. The Martins, even when they get open, cant finish (at the rim or jumpshots). Turner has been ice cold, and if his shots arent falling he is just an enormous black hole with foul trouble written all over him. And Lacey, unfortunately feels the weight of all this and its starting to affect him. I get that they all feel entitled, don’t understand team concept, etc. But at some point you’ve got to have a come to Jesus moment and realize you aren’t as good as you thought you were.

The most unfortunate part is that what this team really needs is an effective PG. One who can get you into your sets, breaks down the D with his dribble, and can hit FT’s in clutch time. Cat, much to all our chagrin (especially Gotts), just has not been very good. I really like Cat and honestly feel bad for the kid. That being said, this is Gotts bed. He shacked up with Cat and let Tyler walk (for better or worse with the daddy issues). Now we are left holding a 2-7 off suit and it doesn’t look good boys.

inhoc…
    Participant

Posting this so I stop receiving follow up emails.

Viewing 14 posts - 326 through 339 (of 339 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.