N.C. State @ Purdue – 9pm tonight

Home Forums StateFans Basketball N.C. State @ Purdue – 9pm tonight

Viewing 18 posts - 351 through 368 (of 368 total)
  • Author
    redcanine
    Participant

I get so damned pissed off after a loss. We wasted so much time towards the end of the game, you’d have thought we had a 5 point lead. And we never pressed… even when we had our small lineup in.

Wufpacker
    Participant

There were a lot of things I saw tonight that I didn’t care for. But gutless? In all caps no less.
    Nah.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ignore the clueless one troll….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    packalum44
    Participant

I want some of the stuff ^ are taking. Polly Anne is waving her magic wand tonight. This team is awful down the stretch this is the first loss but not the first TIME we did everything in our power to lose a game. Y’all did watch the last couple games I take it. Go watch a Jim L team look so gutless down the stretch…nothing to do with talent everything to do with intangibles a coach instills in his players not to mention having a “feel” for coaching and calling certain plays or strategies down the stretch.

Have a hunch, bet a bunch. Did anyone mention that his hunches misfire more times than not.

BJD95
    Keymaster

i didn’t see gutless. Nobody backed down, and nobody quit. They just didn’t execute, and were frustrated.

Wufpacker
    Participant

So, you’re erroneously using gutless as synonymous for unsteady or lack of poise…got it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Larranaga has a good team once every 3 or 4 years. The rest of the time, they are a slow-motion train wreck. I’d take MG any day of the week over that, warts and all.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Unsteady and lack of poise. Good way to put it. Very, very accurate. I see signs that this problem COULD get better with THIS particular group. There’s almost always an evolution over the course of a season.

BJD95
    Keymaster

And that’s enough for my cracker ass tonight. Sleep well, all.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

beej… The formidable strength, passion and intelligence of the French people as evidenced in their ability to manipulate the facts and write their own version of history rivals that of the most clueless trolls on the internet today…. don’t you agree ?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redcanine
    Participant

Baguette & tag it.

spintk
    Participant

Well. Hopefully BeeeeeJaaaaay will learn not to bring it down low again.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Tough loss. We’ll see how Purdue’s season goes, but they are pretty far down the Big 10’s pecking order. That is one we certainly could have won with just a little more crisp execution. But the Boilers really defend you.

And it wasn’t a good night for the league as a whole. Looks to be a lot of weak teams at the bottom.

Rick
    Keymaster

Not a good loss IMO
    Turner and Barber were really bad. Why not play Dez when Turner is stinking the joint up?
    Big men were outplayed (by a freshman no less) except for the unexpected offense from KW. Interior play is not our strength although it probably should be.
    I would not call us inexperienced. We start a redshirt senior, redshirt junior and three sophs (with considerable playing time under their belts). We bring in a soph and a fresh. We have another senior with experience entrenched on the bench. That is not an inexperienced team in the current college basketball environment so I wish we would stop using that excuse.
    Our defense is not good. We have some good individual defenders but our team defense is just not good. Our offense is very stagnant which is a change from the low post I have seen in the past. It seems this team got used to sitting around and watching BUckets score and wants to continue down that path. That has to change.

Hopefully they improve and come together as a team.

Texpack
    Participant

We missed a lot of shots where we had good looks. We missed too mant FTs. We got whipped on the boards.

But when you play pretty decent defense, you still stay in games like that.

I think Cat was really affected by playing against somebody as quick as he is. That’s not something he sees very often. I do agree that we waited around for Lacey to bail us out. He’s not that good.

Gott is struggling with the KW/Anya/Frenchie minutes. We give up a lot of rebounding and gain scoring when Frenchie isn’t on the the floor. I’d like to see KW play the three just to evaluate that lineup.

44rules
    Participant

French beat Austria in 1809. Forget the name of the war, but the climactic fight was the Battle of Wagram, Napoleon’s last victory. Yes, I know Nappy was a Corsican, but they were French troops.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

wufpup76
    Keymaster

French beat Austria in 1809. Forget the name of the war, but the climactic fight was the Battle of Wagram, Napoleon’s last victory. Yes, I know Nappy was a Corsican, but they were French troops.

^Only on an SFN game thread 🙂

Knowledge dropped!

Tau837
    Participant

Unsteady and lack of poise is a good description.

To me, it seemed like Purdue is a solid team. I’d be surprised if they aren’t in the hunt for a NCAA bid. That 7 footer rotation is tough to deal with and both of those guys are skilled. And they are well coached. I think this will end up looking like an acceptable road loss by the end of the season.

I was disappointed with our offense. I would expect the team to be practicing zone offense a lot, but I didn’t see any results of that last night. Washington looked good, though I think his shot selection is still a bit questionable at times. But with the lack of zone offense, the team is forced to rely on him to hit 20 foot jump shots regularly.

The other main thing that disappointed me is Gott playing Turner so many minutes. He committed four horrible fouls and was generally abused on defense. And he didn’t really do anything on offense to compensate — he had 5 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists in 30 minutes. His contribution was a net negative and it wasn’t close. I think a lot of State fans overrate Lee, but I don’t get him getting 0 minutes last night when Turner should have been benched.

Viewing 18 posts - 351 through 368 (of 368 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.