N.C. State @ Purdue – 9pm tonight

Home Forums StateFans Basketball N.C. State @ Purdue – 9pm tonight

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 368 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I hope LUTZ has a good one ready that they haven’t seen….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    packalum44
    Participant

The balls haven’t bounced our way tonight but still no excuse for Gott’s team that make head scratching mind numbing mistakes.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We’ve played plenty of non-cupcakes. I am not willing to call one very choppy game a trend. And our first road game of the season is seemingly ALWAYS this way.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

One and one … have to make

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

well… we had our chances….

Wufpacker
    Participant

Smart foul by them.

Rick
    Keymaster

Choke

This was not a very well played game.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I hope LUTZ has a good one ready that they haven’t seen….

Time to break out the dreaded 5 pt play.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Welp. Hey man nice shot.

MrPlywood
    Participant

That was self-inflicted.

packalum44
    Participant

Gott teams are so so so awful down the stretch. Up 20 or down 10, talented or not, they miraculously find ways to lose in every way imaginable.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Disheartening and frustrating, but hopefully we can gel and learn from it

The possession before was the time to take it straight at the goal with still 20+ seconds left … Stan Heath was absolutely correct

Rick
    Keymaster

Disappointing game.

We need to figure out who we are. Hopefully we get better as the year progresses

BJD95
    Keymaster

Anya needed to call timeout. And Lacey has the FT yips just as bad as Cat. Give everyone time to learn and grow from this. Everybody had a hand in this loss. Rebounding was the biggest problem, but perimeter defense was also bad. THAT is where you can fault Cat more than re the choppy flow.

Rebounding and perimeter D are usually our strengths. I would like to see Des get his minutes back. He is good at those things, and neither Cat nor Lacey excels at being the only guard on the floor when the other rests.

BassPacker
    Participant

could of….would of….should of…. Hard to beat a good team on the road. We had our chances…free throws will decide alot of games this season. Still not a bad loss. Take it out on Wake !

Wufpacker
    Participant

Worth it if we learn from it.
    Lots to learn from in this one. A veritable gold mine of correctable mistakes.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The odds of getting through the OOC slate with fewer than two losses were always remote. But we can’t have more than that. The ACC is too weak at the bottom this season.

We struggled again on the road against a physical opponent. That certainly is a trend.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I would like to see Des get his minutes back.

^You’re not alone.

Also, too much Lacey NBA-type shots/sets the last two minutes (i.e., the “give it to Warren and get out of his way” play). Don’t get me wrong, I want Lacey with the ball but there has to better flow than that.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… I’m sitting here thinking we’re in good shape with 8-10 minutes to go…

It’s gonna be a free throw shooting contest… we hit 80% in the first half and 80% last game..
    And… LUTZ is gonna tell Lacey to take over…

Well I GOTT my part right..
    and we lose by Five…

First Road Game nerves… accounts for about 50% of this …
    Inexperience can have the other 50% ….

Like ricky said… “We (the Team) need to figure out who we are…”

…and fwiw… we did not learn a damn thing by losing this game that we would not have learned by winning it…. not that kind of game…

Saddle up girls… time to head home…
    next game is against DANNY’s BOYS and we need to make sure we give Danny the full Wolfpack welcome to Raleigh…

We’ll talk about the rest of this … tomorrow…

packalum44
    Participant

Rebounding wasn’t bad….the balls didn’t bounce our way. For the non quant minded that is akin to random variability. Rebounding has seemed to be a strength only because we have had massive height advantages, at almost every position, during the first 6 games. No way we can expect to out rebound a team of Purdue’s height, especially when the balls don’t bounce our way.

Wufpacker
    Participant

tOSU trying to claw back in vs ‘Ville.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Here’s the silver lining – in years past, we would have folded our tent and lost that game by 20. We didn’t have our A game by a long shot, but we kept fighting. And the players didn’t start sniping at each other when the chips were down.

What matters, like Wuf said, is what we learn from this game and how we apply said lessons going forward.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

We struggled again on the road against a physical opponent. That certainly is a trend.

Defense-first / physical teams have more-or-less owned us under Gottfried. The true exceptions I can think of was down the stretch in Gottfried’s first season when we got on a roll and made the Sweet 16. We beat some physical teams.

packalum44
    Participant

I just hate the GUTLESS play and missed FTs down the stretch more than anything. We get nervous like we have no swag no confidence. That is a 4 year trend in the GOtt era.

Admittedly it takes a special coach to instill that kind of mentality, but jesus its depressing.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Here’s the silver lining – in years past, we would have folded our tent and lost that game by 20.

Was thinking this as well. Hopefully we can bounce back strong against Wake, learn, and get this taste out of the mouth.

Louisville … wat are u doing?

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 368 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.