N.C. State @ Florida State – 1:30pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State @ Florida State – 1:30pm

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Bill,

First half the Pack couldn’t have played better on offense without being perfect on everything. Defense was ehh and was piss poor on defensive rebounding.

Second half we saw a football game break out. State was completely lost. They had no control and zero calming influence on the court. They jacked crap up that never should have taken. They committed too many turnovers, most of which lead to easy baskets or a foul. Gave up lots of rebounds but at least stepped up their offensive rebounds late in the game.

I’ll give NCSU this, they hit a couple of shots in the final 3 minutes and then made their FT’s down the stretch, both of which they weren’t doing earlier in the year or previous seasons.

It was a FUGLY game with a Win for an outcome, I’ll take it everyday and twice on Sunday’s. Now on to Miami where State needs another W.

spintk
    Participant

The Twins get out of position a fair amount in any defense we are running. Nature of being a freshmen. They’ll learn from it. The zone worked, I thought; at least on the initial shot, but then we couldn’t rebound. As always, room for improvement on defense.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Mayes was having a career game from the perimeter…
    Anthony was probably the only guy we GOTT that could stop him..
    so we went to the Zone
    and made somebody else beat us…

While our zone defense needs improvement..
    it worked good enought for the win…

TTYL !

Russell’s playing football !!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    choppack1
    Participant

That game was frustrating on the radio…can’t imagine watching that 2nd half. Still team pulled together and held on. No such thing as a bad conference road win.

Hopefully all the cat critics saw his value today but I kind of doubt it.

Jediwolf
    Participant

Martin twins are good and are just going to get better. Love to see their hussle on the court.

spintk
    Participant

They BOTH have a great combination of speed and size that allows them to chase down fast breaks and get defensive stops. If the rest of the team could figure out how to trail, we’d be golden.

redcanine
    Participant

Martin twins are good and are just going to get better. Love to see their hussle on the court.

Totally. I wasn’t trying to disparage the duo. They have very bright futures. Defensively, I’d rather see them play man so they can use their quickness as an advantage. I do understand why we went to the zone, but it made me very nervous. FSU’s size gave them problems. Two or three more rebounds and its a different story.

PackofMac
    Participant

Looking at the stat sheet I was excited to see the lack of the name Barber…..until I read why. Sorry

BJD95
    Keymaster

You can see how badly we miss Cat’s defense. It really showed. We don’t have a plus perimeter defender without him.

Team showed lots and lots of heart grinding out this win. It’s what good teams do. Proud of the effort.

Still ca\n’t believe FSU didn’t foul ALMKH, and that Lacey took a bad shot that early in the shot clock. Thank God it went in.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I get a real “teachable” vibe from the Martins.

JeremyH
    Participant

I can’t believe he took that shot either. That’s some Jordan type confidence in your shot.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I get a real “teachable” vibe from the Martins.

… and yet it’s obvious that they are Freshman… and are only going to get better…
    If you like them now… Think 3 more years of M&Ms….

MMgood….

TheCOWDOG

I self expunged a post this AM, alerting Cat bashers what to expect defensively if ya put him on the pine.

Wish I’d pushed send, now.

Zones rule, if that is your gig. Can’t just cob’em and expect Turner to stay out of foul trouble.

It was still the right D to employ. No question, no ifs ands or buts.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Also on the positive end, I think it’s pretty awesome that, even though he wasn’t up to playing, and Cat is clearly the type of cat who likes to keep his feelings close to the vest and not show a lot of outward emption…he wanted to be with his teammates/brothers today.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Gary Hahn said the same pregame …

Anthony got a phone call in Tallahassee at 2:-00am this morning… with the bad news…
    Sat down with Coach early this morning and told him ‘he wouldn’t be at his best and didn’t think he ought to play’ but he wanted to be at the game and would go home afterwards…’ Coach then said what he said. So Anthony and Coach made the decision not to play today together.

Then… Gary said Dez Lee was Anthony’s best friend and Dez knew Anthony’s family… and Dez – the Senior- was looking after / taking good care of the young Anthony.

——————-

Gametime – Third Quarter: So Anthony’s over there on the bench in street clothes watching Mayes have a career game and you know he’s wondering if he made the wrong decision … you know it…

And his team struggles, but they don’t let Anthony down , they erased those doubts for him by finishing strong and getting a tough win on the road.

———————

This is what a Team is and what a Team does.

In a lot of ways… if they do that… Win or lose… they’re will always be winners…

They all GOTT to learn to Trust each other…
    and that’s not, truth be told, a natural thing for any of us.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Watched game and then went to work out to get rid of all the tension that I had built up. Yes, we did see what it was like without CAT. I am sorry that we had to have a game like this. CAT is a team member and we support him. It was a messy game in the second half.

I would hasten to add that if you look at Lacey’s production (shooting, FT’s, passes, assists, rebounds, etc.) and then sort of draw a mental time line, he has usually hit the wall and is dead tired. I don’t know now you condition or train him and tell him….you’re gonna be out there for 39 minutes.

Reminded my wife of V’s famous line to Lowe when he gave the “TIRED” signal. V ignored it and told him that he would come out when his eligibility was up. That was Lacey’s fate today.

The Twins were still our salvation….as were a lot of others. YES, we got sloppy….maybe over confident and Hamilton figured out HOW to stop us. But Gott’s Zone took the wind, mostly, out of that. It was not a pretty game….but we won and we showed a lot of courage and experience and gut.

As to CAT…I hope that he can overcome his grief and get back into the program. That may be the best therapy for him. I also hope that he saw some things sitting out and it was a little bit of a learning experience for him.

We obviously can win WITHOUT him….it is just easier with him. BUT, that also includes the obvious….that he is “in the game”.

I wonder as the season progresses what the offense will look like…and worst of all….I think that GOTT probably has the same concerns.

BUT…we’re in it and we have established ourselves as a contender….maybe not the top dog….but we can play with them and are not a cupcake.

We really do look better without all the red and white icing….

mak4dpak
    Participant

Truly sorry to hear of Barber’s loss, but I still don’t believe, if he had played, it would have made us better. Until he learns to do a better job at the point, the bench is where he should be. His last few games, when playing, have caused me to truly doubt his capabilities. But next time he takes the court, he can make us all believers, if he does what he is supposed to do.

TheCOWDOG

Why do peeps send condolences via a blog like this?

Send him a freaking card via the athletic department, if ya really give a sht.

We don’t care about how much you care. Tell him.

pakfanistan
    Participant

#REALTALK

Wolfanatic
    Participant

I was especially proud of how we came out and slugged them in the mouth in the waning minutes. Turner’s three at the 60-60 tie jerked their jaw, and they never recovered. Yeah, we were both tired, but they’re going home with the black eye. On another note, Abu’s dunk off the inbounds pass under our basket in the second half would have brought Dickie V. or most announcers to their feet, but all Bobby Cremins could muster was that Ga. Tech should have put a body on him.Really?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hallmark and the USPS approve.

TheCOWDOG

The Abu play was a called play.

But for godsakes,don’t tell the Gottfried ceiling folks.

blpack
    Participant

Gott the win today despite letting it get too close. However in the ACC everyone makes a run.

lawful
    Participant

I just watched Survive and Advance for the first time. Perhaps the greatest thing I’ve ever watched. I remember the magic. God rest his soul.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Yes, it was a called play, and a damn fine called play…

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.