More Stranger Things — Is F'UGLY the new Pretty?

Home Forums StateFans Basketball More Stranger Things — Is F'UGLY the new Pretty?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

In the era of ‘Stranger Things’ where everything RoundBall is ‘Upside Down’… Is F’UGLY the new Pretty?

I don’t know but, it’s got me scratching my head…

Now I’m thinking most all of agree that the ‘game’ and the ‘players’ have changed… So maybe the way out of the WeakFundmentals-NoDefensiveSkills-AAU-OneAndDone triple conundrum is F’UGLY….

In the UpsideDown, is the way to win is to out-ugly your opponent???

Cogitate a bit, if you will…
    1. Yes, it’s got to be distracting as hell to the opponent when you’re doing stupid sh#t on the floor…

2. So while he’s thinking… ‘This guy is stupid… ‘ — he’s distracted — he’s not thinking about what he’s or his team mates are supposed to be doing…

3. Along with that… in the huddles these words are spoken more than once… ‘We’re better than these guys’ which leads to more confusion, some cockiness and lack of intensity…

4. As the game progresses, things just keeps getting F’Uglier…

5. Which confuses the opposition even more… ’cause they’re looking at the scoreboard and it’s NOT reflecting the reality of what they’re thinking their heads nor what’s happening on the court…

6. Throw in a couple of hot streaks on both ends in the second half… and be quick on the Timeouts when the opposition starts to run out…

7. Then… in the last four minutes, the game is still close because now both teams are playing F’Ugly…

8. Because you’ve been practicing F’Ugly since October 15th and did ALL the hard work on conditioning… you got legs and your opponent’s mentally exhausted from all this F’Ugly… So you reach back and make the plays to win the game…

9. Beside you have come to understand and like F’Ugly and it’s possibilities… and you’re winning some games that on paper you never should have won in all the wrong places….

10. People everywhere are watching, but they don’t understand the UpsideDown world of F’Ugly…

Perhaps we ought to forget we ever thought about BBall IQ.

———————————
    The old cliché is every sport for as long as I can remember is…

You play to level of your competition.

So F’Ugly may well be the new Pretty…

GO PACK!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    freshmanin83
    Participant

I’ll take one upside down cone to go. No sprinkles.

YogiNC
    Participant

^ Now that is funny!

Smarter than the average bear

GoldenChain
    Participant

You know, I’ve been thinking…. your sister ain’t half bad either!

POP!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.