Miller Family can suck it

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Miller Family can suck it

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    heavy
    Participant

Damn tat. I got a chuckle out of that. I’m just not sure who Archie is, who sean is and who we the fans are in that picture…

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Damn tat. I got a chuckle out of that. I’m just not sure who Archie is, who sean is and who we the fans are in that picture…

lol yes it is absolutely open for interpretation

McCallum
    Participant

Northwestern sucks.

McCallum

redwolf87
    Participant

OK, this is going to get me eviscerated, but it needs to be said.

Archie was NEVER coming here. It’s not a screwup on Yow or anybody else. Archie has come to hate the NC State fanbase, and regard it as a joke. His wife reiterated it on Twitter.

In these times, with younger guys, their loyalty is more to their mentors than their school.

However misguided I feel it is, the Millers interpreted Herb’s treatment as unfair and a deal breaker as far as filling the HC job later. So much so that Sean thinks he’ll be in play for the UNC job. And that ought to give everybody that loves NC State pause.

We need to divorce ourselves from these people. We have an opportunity to make a fresh start. And the Millers have made it abundantly clear they want nothing to do with us.

If you ain’t NC State 100%, you ain’t NC State.

freshmanin83
    Participant

What did his wife do?

McCallum
    Participant

State is a phase in some people’s lives.

Nothing more, nothing less.

It is what you want it to be.

I’m going to crack open a Michelob Ultra and call my buddy in Fresno. I want hear what Elle was wearing last night and where it was waded up on the floor this morning.

McCallum

TheCOWDOG

Actually, Redwolf, I’d say generation has little to do with it. The mentor over the school is timeless.

McCallum
    Participant

What did his wife do?

Adam Harrington

McCallum

redwolf87
    Participant

Actually, Redwolf, I’d say generation has little to do with it. The mentor over the school is timeless.

Thanks, CD, and yes, you are probably right. When a mentor seems to get mistreated by an institution (once again, not saying for a second that was the case at State under Sendek, although those close to him probably interpreted it that way), his followers tend to sour on the institution.

I think, undoubtedly, that’s what happened here.

I’ve always gotten a really bad vibe off of Sean Miller. Archie, not so much, but I never thought he’d be chomping at the bit to come back here.

redwolf87
    Participant

Nothing more, nothing less.

It is what you want it to be.

Very true. For most of us, it has been and always will be the dominant formative period of our lives. It’s tough when you’ve got someone in a head coaching position, when your’s is open, who attended the University and should share that experience but doesn’t.

ryebread
    Participant

Come on guys. It could be as simple as they like Ohio, have a great gig at Dayton and he’s already paid about as much as we paid our last coach (and our new hire) but with lots less risk. Everything isn’t some massive conspiracy theory.

I’m also not one to burn bridges with good job candidates. I’ve had several people who I’ve hired that said no a few times before they finally said yes. ORW spurned UNC one time before accepting….

GoldenChain
    Participant

Northwestern sucks.

McCallum

Hey they made the dance and won a game. Better than the Pack. (and one of my sons has a MS from there).

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’m also not one to burn bridges with good job candidates. I’ve had several people who I’ve hired that said no a few times before they finally said yes. ORW spurned UNC one time before accepting….

If things go right, we won’t be asking a Miller again.

ryebread
    Participant

Paki: I agree with you. Keatts may be a home run, and I really hope he is. He looks like a better hire to me than Lowe or Gott were.

Statistically speaking the vast majority of coaching hires don’t make it past 7 years. It is highly likely that we’ll make another basketball hire within the next ten years. By then Archie will have made enough money to be set for life. Maybe State will be more appealing then. And to be clear I’m not holding out some hope for that. I’m just saying stranger things have happened and I’m a believer in good kharma.

ancsu87
    Participant

Seriously? You allow this thread to stay but delete a post critical of the thread.

Nope. I deleted posts with sixth grade personal attacks.

[/quote]then you missed quite a few including the personal attacks on our AD and new coach …

redwolf87
    Participant

X-Men take out ‘Zona. Goody.

I love Tucson but I’ll be damned if I ever pull for the U of A. Jackass coach with unx desires, local journalism grad (Danny Harnden at Fox 8 in High Point) with unx allegiances, and espn basketball “expert” Jeff Goodman who went to ‘Zona.

How such a nice place turned out such jerks is beyond me.

Saguaro.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I watched quite a few (Nice insomnia relief) UoA late night games. I did pull for them. BUT, even the HINT that the Elder Miller advised his kid brother NOT TO GO TO NCSU as HE was the Progdical that UNX was going to hire when ORW retired or was “replaced” ( I would say….CAME OUT…but that would be political).

That is even MORE arrogant that Maverick (Lt. Pete Mitchell) was in Top Gun. That had to be a major subject of “Inside Carolina”.

Wonder if Bubba Cunningham has read Sean’s Resume or looked at the videos?

If Archie was NOT an NCSU Grad and IF Sean had NOT been an NCSU Assistant….I doubt that we would have given them any serious consideration. They certainly have thumbed their noses (or given us the universal Peace Sign). SO…

Neither one is dancing. Will be interesting to see WHO pursues them. Archie has NOT been mentioned (to my knowledge) for any open jobs…

foz
    Participant

When I saw the report that Sean had advised Archie not to take the NCSU job because he thought he would be the next UNX job, my first thought was that ORW has already decided to retire after this year (he has had some health issues the last few years) and there had already been tentative agreements made with Sean.

Read somewhere that the Millers have stated that they don’t wish to coach in the same conference, so in this scenario Sean would have been the first one to the ACC and have “dibs”.

tractor57
    Participant

I simply don’t care one way or the other. I’m assuming contacts were made with Archie and either the money didn’t work or he thought moving to NCSU was not in his career path. If Sean advised him against the Pack so be it. After that I’m sure there were some other targets including Keatts. He was hired and now he has to win – period, end of story. If he does all is good but if not there will be a crapfest. Just the same if Archie was hired.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Just heard Arch to IU

Wulfpack
    Participant

Yep. Archie is a Hoosier.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

that’s true… but actually STATE is a phase in everyone who attends STATE…

Very true. For most of us, it has been and always will be the dominant formative period of our lives.

For those who are ‘successful’ at STATE… that phase becomes part of our ‘lifelong identity’…
    which is not to say… other things can’t be more dominant parts of our ‘identity’…

Mentor over institution is timeless…

Both Miller Bros… are over-hyped as Coaches…
    I hope Sean comes to *NC, so we can kick their a$$es on the hardcourt…
    I hope Archie is happy at IU.. Maybe he will invite Coach Knight to a game or two…

We could be better off without either…

K2T2’s lack of history on Tobacco Road just might be the key to his being “Fearless” on the recruiting trail and on the court… something we haven’t been in a long time with the roundball….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant

bill,

Your grasp of the obvious is something else.

McCallum

freshmanin83
    Participant

I was wrong about Archie. I did not think IU would be interested in him.

ancsu87
    Participant

I simply don’t care one way or the other. I’m assuming contacts were made with Archie and either the money didn’t work or he thought moving to NCSU was not in his career path. If Sean advised him against the Pack so be it. After that I’m sure there were some other targets including Keatts. He was hired and now he has to win – period, end of story. If he does all is good but if not there will be a crapfest. Just the same if Archie was hired.

Agreed. I think I probably give Keatts body of work at Hargrove too much credit but, as such, I don’t see a significant degree of separation in the potential upside of either coach.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.