Mike "Show Me the Money" Glennon

Home Forums StateFans Football Mike "Show Me the Money" Glennon

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

Looks like Mike Glennon could finally find a home other than the bench. Hope this works out for him on the free agency market. $14-15 million a year is pretty good for a former Wolfpacker. If this happens, NC State will have farmed four of the current top earning qb’s in the NFL.

Glennon to Bears for $15 million a year

Wulfpack
    Participant

If this happens, NC State will have farmed four of the current top earning qb’s in the NFL.

Unreal. And really nothing much to show for it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Da Bears would be a nice fit. They have assloads of cap space, gotta spend somewhere. Would you rather gamble the franchise’s future on a nimrod like Trubisky? I sure wouldn’t.

This QB class is even worse than last year’s. The spread is killing the talent pool there and at OL.

rthomas44
    Participant

OK, if anyone spends more more? than $5.00 on “deer in the headlights” Glennon, I don’t know anything about football.

tractor57
    Participant

I caught an interview with Glennon last summer. The upshot was he was biding his time and learning his craft. Maybe now is indeed the time.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Either TOB lived under a lucky charm….or the lad could recruit QB’s. Pity such prowess was not spread over the entire list of playing positions….

Texpack
    Participant

As long as it doesn’t mean that Whiney Baby is headed for Houston, I’m happy.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Would you rather gamble the franchise’s future on a nimrod like Trubisky?

That’s “Mitchell” to you buddy…

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bucs have offered to make him highest paid backup.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’d rather take my shot at being a starter.

JeremyH
    Participant

I’d rather take my shot at being a starter.

how good is the bear’s offensive line. otherwise there’s some implicit “concussion per mil” ratio being worked out here.

choppack1
    Participant

Either TOB lived under a lucky charm….or the lad could recruit QB’s.

He and Bible could recruit and coach up QBs. Few were better in the college coaching biz than Dana Bible when it came to developing these guys and preparing them for the next level. Luck had zilch do to with it.

We would have been just fine if we had brought TOB in a few years earlier. I doubt we would have hung any banners, but we would have see-sawed between 4-4 and 5-3 most years.

He was old and his staff – between Bible’s cancer and the OL coach’s Parkinson’s really had some health challenges. I am sure you don’t feel like begging 18 year olds as much when that starts to happen.

As it is , we hit the .500 mark (or in 1 year better) 4 out of his 6 years. We beat UNC-CH 5 out of 6 years too, no other state coach has had a run like that since Dick Sheridan.

tractor57
    Participant

The other issue is guaranteed money rather than the illusion of money. I suspect the giraffe has quality agents, lawyers and such to navigate that minefield. The interview I heard last summer indicated to me the Glennon was aware of all those things.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hey, when I saw him play college ball, I saw “NFL Starter” more in him than I did RW. Which might just lead you to find me stupid (guilty), but I also DID preach that Dak Prescott was the only QB that I liked in last year’s class…

rthomas44
    Participant

I wish him well, but the times I watched him start at TB were not magic.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bears drop Cutler and tab Glennon.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.