Merseyside Derby Today

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Merseyside Derby Today

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

In addition to Leon bringin’ tha snow ruckus, Everton plays at Liverpool at 2:00 EST (NBCSN). It’s a good chance to get an appetizer dose of hate before the Hole game on Saturday. Remember, I have solemnly decreed that EFC is the Premier League Soccer Pack.

COYB!!!!

panic83
    Participant

I’m glad to see this post. Everton have played to the level of their competition this season. Wins against Chelsea and United, draws against Liverpool and Arsenal, and then some terrible losses/draws. None bigger than the rematch at Anfield today. A win gets us back in the top 4.

BJD95
    Keymaster

FWIW, I am “Evertonian in NC” here (same avatar):

http://www.nsno.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,43580.new.html#new

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Sorry to see your boys took it on the chin today, BJD. I would have loved to see them take out the Reds…Arsenal was held to a draw though, so only a one point slip in the standings for the Toffees.

On another note, I thought Mata had a pretty solid debut over in Old Trafford today.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yeah, Alpha…I can see you guys getting 5th/6th and the Toffees falling all the way to 7th. The squad depth just isn’t there, and I fear the impact of Tuesday’s shithousing will linger.

Hopefully the Villa fixture on Saturday will be a pleasant surprise.

Fortunately, being a 40-year old Pack fan has helped me deal with disappointment (especially in rivalry games).

panic83
    Participant

More bad news for us Evertonians. Looks like Chelsea is wanting to deal Lukaku this summer for 20m to make room for Falcao or Costa. I dont see us stumping up that much.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/362950/Chelsea-ready-to-offload-Romelu-Lukaku-to-land-Diego-Costa-or-Radamel-Falcao

BJD95
    Keymaster

I think Roberto wants to buy Lukaku, and if we don’t make any panic overpays in what’s left of the January window…we should be able to afford it.

Getting 7.5M for the shell of Jelavic was big.

Buying Lukaku would be a gamble. But if he plays to his fullest potential, we would have a contention window with Seamus, Oviedo (assuming he comes back healthy), McCarthy, Bakley, Mirallas, and Lukaku all in their primes. Getting Delofeu for a second lease year is supposed to be very likely. That is some serious attacking forepower.

A bigger issue is convincing Lukaku to stay without Champions League football in 2014-15. Roberto can sell that we certainly should make it going forward.

panic83
    Participant

What are the chances we keep Gareth Barry for another season. Isn’t he just on a 1 year loan?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Pretty good, I’d say. 1-year loan, but he’s a “free agent” in the summer and is considered likely to sign a 2-year deal with EFC unless he decides to cash in with the footballing graveyard that is MLS.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Regarding the MLS graveyard, I can see European clubs starting to tie-in with MLS clubs and placing reserves there to get seasoned in competition. Man City is seeking to get a New York franchise for that very purpose. If it happens, look for all of the top PL clubs to follow suit.

The good news is that Chelsea may catalyze an MLS team in Raleigh, given their deep hooks into CASL. I kind of get tired of seeing the Plastics logo all around town wrapped by the local youth league’s name…but I do realize it is a good thing for CASL to get that level of support.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.