Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Home Forums All StateFansNation Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    Tau837
    Participant

Ooops sorry my bad. I thought the statement was so outrageous and over the top that it would be taken as it was intended to be sarcasm.

And this is why I said “some fans” and did not direct my response at you, since I recognized it could be sarcasm from you but feel it holds true for others. And Rick has now proved my point.

Tau837
    Participant

Seeing a Silver Lining after a loss is a far cry from “Hoping for a loss.”

I have no respect for those pulling for a loss. NONE.

…But that should be evident…And yeah. It does reflect on your fanship, self-aware, or not.

This.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Cheering against your team is ridiculous. If you dont like the coach, sorry, but cheering for him to lose so hes fired is just insane. We need to understand what are program is…and is not. We are not Duke, Carolina or Kentucky. We are closer to wake forest, miami, georgia tech. We are going to have years like this year where we miss the tourney and cant fire the coach every time it happen. Particularly a coach that just took us to the sweet 16. Gott is not Tony Bennett that is winning with style of play and defense. Gott is a recruiter who wins with talent. He can and has won at State and some want him gone after one bad season. Some are mad about the transfers- but which transfer improved their position or was a star at the next stop? The Martins are rumored to ECU, Washington is at a mid major, Purvis isnt on pro radar at all. These guys arent great or even more than good college players. They are replaceable kids who thought they couldnt be replaced. The loses that hurt are TJ, Cat, Lacey and all left or are leaving to make money.

Rick
    Keymaster

This is really kind of bad news is it not. What if the Pack is good next year? That might mean Gott will have more breathing room and not be as easy to gott rid of.

This is the problem with some “fans.” Some would rather see State lose to fit their agenda than see them succeed and miss their agenda.

So this is the part when we measure someone’s “fanhood” by how much they agree with your opinion…

I guess you never hoped we would lose out with Lowe so we could get rid of that weight around our neck. If not I guarantee you are in the minority as anyone with a brain knew he was never going to win anything.

Correct. I have never hoped for State to lose any game. If you have, you aren’t much of a fan. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Whatever, only a fool wanted Lowe around.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Yea and we had several around here. But even then, there was no need to pull against State because it was already obvious that Sid couldn’t win and it was only a matter of time.

MP
    Participant

In 2006 I cheered for our ranked team to beat UNC at home and watched us get drilled by over 20. I cheered for us in the ACCT that year to watch us lose in the 1st round. I cheered for us against Texas in the NCAAT in what became another 20-point drubbing.

All while developing an increasing loathing for Herb Sendek.

I guess I’m one of the fools around here.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Yea and we had several around here. But even then, there was no need to pull against State because it was already obvious that Sid couldn’t win and it was only a matter of time.

This is a wonderful engineer’s answer.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

That’s because I’m a wonderful engineer!

TheCOWDOG

That’s because I’m a wonderful engineer!

Yeah…but are you fun at parties?
    😉

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Yeah…but are you fun at parties?
    ?

Completely sidetacking a whipped, dead horse of a thread…..

What part of “engineer” was confusing?

Tau837
    Participant

Well, my last post didn’t show up, but it’s probably just as well. Others have covered it well enough.

TheCOWDOG

Tau…latest guy with a target on his back?

Tau837
    Participant

This is really kind of bad news is it not. What if the Pack is good next year? That might mean Gott will have more breathing room and not be as easy to gott rid of.

This is the problem with some “fans.” Some would rather see State lose to fit their agenda than see them succeed and miss their agenda.

So this is the part when we measure someone’s “fanhood” by how much they agree with your opinion…

I guess you never hoped we would lose out with Lowe so we could get rid of that weight around our neck. If not I guarantee you are in the minority as anyone with a brain knew he was never going to win anything.

Correct. I have never hoped for State to lose any game. If you have, you aren’t much of a fan. Sorry if the truth hurts.

So you opened by criticizing me for criticizing others because they don’t agree with my opinion. I respond to say I don’t agree with your opinion, so you call me a fool. So not only are you a jerk, you are also a hypocrite.

The only surprise is that you would show it so clearly in black and white.

I never said I wanted Lowe around. As others have correctly pointed out, not wanting a coach around does not equate to hoping State loses. Do you really not get that?

Rick
    Keymaster

Well, my last post didn’t show up, but it’s probably just as well. Others have covered it well enough.

It was in pending. As I stated before I have no idea what sends it to pending.

Rick
    Keymaster

I never said I wanted Lowe around. As others have correctly pointed out, not wanting a coach around does not equate to hoping State loses. Do you really not get that?

It was obvious Lowe was a bad coach and getting rid of him as quickly as possible was the best thing for NCSU, I don’t know how anyone can argue with that point. I wanted to get rid of him and if losing was the way to do it then so be it, it took five years of sucking for us to get rid of him so it took a lot of losing for the powers that be would make a decision. I don’t enjoy losing or want to lose but sometimes there is short term pain for long term gain. I am not sure why that us such a hard concept.

I never said I wanted Lowe around.

Then why are you so mad about a statement made about people who did want to keep Lowe around?

gso packbacker
    Participant

Tip for the day: When it’s always someone else, then maybe, just maybe, it’s actually you.

tractor57
    Participant

I think most of us hoped Lowe would do well but were holding our breath. In some ways he “took one for the team” like Les did years ago. In other ways he was totally unprepared. Got has been a better choice than Sid but I still have some reservations. Better is good but is this much better good enough? I think not but I’m not quite ready to go through another coach search.

Fastback68
    Participant

Tip for the day: When it’s always someone else, then maybe, just maybe, it’s actually you.

There was an awesome version of that sentiment on Justified.

Rick
    Keymaster

I think most of us hoped Lowe would do well but were holding our breath. In some ways he “took one for the team” like Les did years ago. In other ways he was totally unprepared. Got has been a better choice than Sid but I still have some reservations. Better is good but is this much better good enough? I think not but I’m not quite ready to go through another coach search.

This is where I am.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Fastback, I just found that quote. Classic!

TheCOWDOG

tjfoose1
    Participant

On another note, but maybe not…

Taxes, sun rising in the east, and lil Rickie making new friends. Some things you can always count on.

Fastback68
    Participant

Thanks for the video.

I miss Ava and Winona.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Better is good but is this much better good enough?

Deserves to be repeated.

StateRed44
    Participant

When was the last time State had 2 potential lottery picks on one team? At this juncture maybe you malcontents should quit backbiting the coach and enjoy the upcoming season. You are not gonna be secure in seeing recruits stay 4 years and then graduate or go pro anymore. It will always be a scramble. Get used to it and give up on your control issues. It’s about the record (which is good enough today). Let’s see how we do, shall we?

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.