Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Home Forums All StateFansNation Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

I guess it is all fine and good but we know Gott will run Yurt, Smith, and Abu off after next year. This is really kind of bad news is it not. What if the Pack is good next year? That might mean Gott will have more breathing room and not be as easy to gott rid of.

Rick
    Keymaster

Yurt and Smith are considered one and done players so yeah they will be gone next year. I HOPE that means we had a great year.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Remember when we had such a great year when JJ Hickson was a one and done…

Rick
    Keymaster

Remember when we had such a great year when JJ Hickson was a one and done…

I did say “hope” because you are right it is not a guarantee.

Fastback68
    Participant

I appreciate acquiring Yurt but I also want Gibson Johnson. Greed is good.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Nah, I’m with you. This time we have two, in theory, and better coaching.

I was more marveling at how little difference a 1aD can make in the wrong hands.

Rick
    Keymaster

Nah, I’m with you. This time we have two, in theory, and better coaching.

I was more marveling at how little difference a 1aD can make in the wrong hands.

Isn’t that the truth. Lowe could have screwed up a two car parade.

redisgood
    Participant

Good verbal! Let’s get him signed and through the Clearing House. We’ll not really know who we have on the roster until the basketballs roll out this fall.

It’s signed and delivered. Clearing House still to go.

StateRed44
    Participant

Big props to Gott for the pick up.

Tau837
    Participant

This is really kind of bad news is it not. What if the Pack is good next year? That might mean Gott will have more breathing room and not be as easy to gott rid of.

This is the problem with some “fans.” Some would rather see State lose to fit their agenda than see them succeed and miss their agenda.

Rick
    Keymaster

This is really kind of bad news is it not. What if the Pack is good next year? That might mean Gott will have more breathing room and not be as easy to gott rid of.

This is the problem with some “fans.” Some would rather see State lose to fit their agenda than see them succeed and miss their agenda.

So this is the part when we measure someone’s “fanhood” by how much they agree with your opinion…

I guess you never hoped we would lose out with Lowe so we could get rid of that weight around our neck. If not I guarantee you are in the minority as anyone with a brain knew he was never going to win anything.

ryebread
    Participant

I want to see us kill it this year. If we get Yurt cleared it looks like a one year window to make some real noise. It could be the type of thing that spring boards the program.

I want to see some Amoeba zone defense and a return to a recognizable offense. Do those two things, push the tempo, fill out the roster, get Yurt cleared and it’s Elite 8 or bust.

JeremyH
    Participant

If he’s cleared this makes us for losing Bam.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Ooops sorry my bad. I thought the statement was so outrageous and over the top that it would be taken as it was intended to be sarcasm.

TheCOWDOG

Count me in as having a Scarecrow stuffed head.

Why the hell would I want to see MY school, MY teams, lose? Jesushchristinasidecar.

pakfanistan
    Participant

+1

I get the logic, but, if I was a slave to logic I wouldn’t be a State fan.

StateRed44
    Participant

So this is the part when we measure someone’s “fanhood” by how much they agree with your opinion…

I guess you never hoped we would lose out with Lowe so we could get rid of that weight around our neck. If not I guarantee you are in the minority as anyone with a brain knew he was never going to win anything.

Dude, if you are pulling against a team, that pretty much means you are not a fan. Think about it.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Clearly sarcasm is a tough sell around here theses days 🙂 I have to admit I didn’t catch it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I will admit that I didn’t really give a flying f-ck (and could see the silver lining in a loss) at the end of the Lowe and Amato eras. But those were uber extreme examples, when things were absolutely in flames (on and off the field/court).

MG has nowhere near approached that level of contempt earning.

TheCOWDOG

I will admit that I didn’t really give a flying f-ck (and could see the silver lining in a loss) at the end of the Lowe and Amato eras. But those were uber extreme examples, when things were absolutely in flames (on and off the field/court)

Seeing a Silver Lining after a loss is a far cry from “Hoping for a loss.”

I have no respect for those pulling for a loss. NONE.

…But that should be evident…And yeah. It does reflect on your fanship, self-aware, or not.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I will admit that I didn’t really give a flying f-ck (and could see the silver lining in a loss) at the end of the Lowe and Amato eras. But those were uber extreme examples, when things were absolutely in flames (on and off the field/court).

MG has nowhere near approached that level of contempt earning.

yet…….
    He under performs this year and the stuff really might hit the fan

Thats always the double edge sword of having a loaded team, the expectations get a little crazy. See year 2.

choppack1
    Participant

Jeremy – this guy is much more skilled than Bam and should be a better college player.

In terms of talent acquisition – again with that caveat of him being eligible – this gives all those necessary all of the necessary information to make a decision. If he can put together a great season – read the following:
    1) top 4 ACC regular season finish
    2) ACC tournament title
    3) elite 8 or better

If he can do one of those 3 – there is no way in the world to justify firing him for on the court results after next year.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Jeremy – this guy is much more skilled than Bam and should be a better college player.

In terms of talent acquisition – again with that caveat of him being eligible – this gives all those necessary all of the necessary information to make a decision. If he can put together a great season – read the following:
    1) top 4 ACC regular season finish
    2) ACC tournament title
    3) elite 8 or better

If he can do one of those 3 – there is no way in the world to justify firing him for on the court results after next year.

Finishing in the top 4 ACC is the absolute baseline for next year. No excuses at this point.

JeremyH
    Participant

Won’t breathe easy until the Clearinghouse business is done and Abu says “just kidding”. If that happens, we’ll have the scoring frontcourt depth we haven’t had since circa 2010 when we had Tracy Smith, Howell, Painter. top 4 ACC finish? fine, but it won’t look like that in the beginning.

Tau837
    Participant

Correct. I have never hoped for State to lose any game. If you have, you aren’t much of a fan. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.