Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Home Forums All StateFansNation Men’s Basketball Player Turnover Under Mark Gottfried

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 504 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

BJD called this a while ago. I sure hope they both come back. This is like a nightmare.

The rules have changed. Every player who thinks they have a chance to sniff the pros ever should be in the draft right now.

ryebread
    Participant

I agree with pakfanistan. I’m fine with Anya going in. Hopefully he hears from the NBA people a validation of what our coaches have been telling him.

redisgood
    Participant

I agree, I like the new rule, and no reason not to use it. I’ll be surprised if either Beejay or Abu don’t come back. Hopefully Beejay will realize what he needs to do to make himself draftable.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I agree, I like the new rule, and no reason not to use it. I’ll be surprised if either Beejay or Abu don’t come back. Hopefully Beejay will realize what he needs to do to make himself draftable.

Grilled chicken breast, brocolli and brown rice + Free throws = first round pick.

ncsu1987
    Participant

^First round pick === more money than you can imagine.

Hard for me to comprehend, maybe because I never competed at that level. When I was that age, if I had a shot at the NBA, I would have eaten dog sh*t for every meal if my coach told me it would help…

redisgood
    Participant

Grilled chicken breast, brocolli and brown rice + Free throws = first round pick.

And a side order of rebounding.

redisgood
    Participant

As expected, Cat received an invitation to the NBA draft combine. Equally expected, Beejay and Abu did not.

tractor57
    Participant

Cat deserves that look. The others know they are not quite there yet. There is potential but work to do. Hopefully Cat can claw to a good team for him.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Equally expected, Beejay and Abu did not.

Hopefully this turns into a win/win for the guys and the team. They now know what they need to do to improve their chances for a pro future, and if they follow through the team should benefit from that work.

redisgood
    Participant

Abu also has a workout next week with the Timberwolves, so he should get some good feedback there as well.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Welp.

Rick
    Keymaster

Welp.

That makes no sense. He was not even invited to the combines. He was not only going to start he was going to be showcased with a great PG. Something is broken in that program.

Texpack
    Participant

This is well beyond absurd. I think Abu had a two year plan when he enrolled and since it didn’t work out it must be Gott”s fault for using him the wrong way. He needs all four years to even sniff the NBA draft. We shall see how this unfolds.

Rick
    Keymaster

This is well beyond absurd. I think Abu had a two year plan when he enrolled and since it didn’t work out it must be Gott”s fault for using him the wrong way. He needs all four years to even sniff the NBA draft. We shall see how this unfolds.

How many players have to sprint away from our program before we stop blaming the players?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Some rather thick skulls around these parts. Don’t know how much more evidence one needs in this case. It’s beyond ridiculous and Gott needs to be shown the door. But we are NC State and never do the prudent thing. I tell ya, I’m hoping for a 12th place finish in conference play, but that could be tough.

pakfanistan
    Participant

How many players have to sprint away from our program before we stop blaming the players?

Three more this off season.

packbackr04
    Participant

wowza, something is not right in West Raleigh these days. poor DSJ, is it too late to let him out of his LOI since he was on the team this year? I mean seriously, Abu is set to be the primary beneficiary of the top incoming PG in the country next year and he still wants out?

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Our basketball program is a f’n joke. I got one year of eligibility left. Wonder if they would take a 32 year old fat a$$? I can help boost the GPA 🙂

If Abu leaves, we’re f*cked. We were already f*cked but you get my point.

redisgood
    Participant

This is beginning to remind me of the scene in Hoosiers where Coach Dale and his 6 players are standing in front of an angry student body who are chanting “We want Jimmy, we want Jimmy”, and he tells them “This is your team!” This time they are chanting “We want Archie, we want Archie.”

Holy cow, this is incredibly bad

TheCOWDOG

Really…? If he did say that, I’d take some of that indecision out of his hands with transfer releases by 3:00 this afternoon.

Fastback68
    Participant

I don’t even know who he is but I have read from many a State poster that J. Goodman is a complete d-bag concerning all things red & white. Are we sure Abu really said this??

packbackr04
    Participant

CD^ i just want to clarify. are you saying you would serve him his release this afternoon and tell him to go ahead and pack his bags?

ryebread
    Participant

I’ve been vocal of my opinion of Gott. I’ve also thought for a while that Abu was gone if he heard ANYTHING remotely good from a NBA team (one would think not being invited to the combine would have been clearly the opposite).

Having said that, I don’t put much stock in a Tweet. This isn’t saying anything about Goodman and his relationship with our fanbase or anything else, it’s more just the medium, lack of context, any sort of validation that Abu actually said that, etc.. Shrugs. It’s just a Tweet.

Now as for who is on the team next year, all bets are off until the balls roll out for fall practice. That includes players leaving and ones coming. We’ve seemingly got the coaching staff for next season locked in.

Pack1997
    Participant

Everything I have heard was Abu had a 2 year idea in his head. HE also already thinks in his mind he is NBA ready. Not sure if that is the potential money talking or not. The part I would find interesting would be if he transferred. If he goes to the NBA it says more about him. If he transfers (waiting a year to play, which extends his potential entry into the NBA by a year) it says more about our program and coaches.

I believe this to be a 50/50 situation. 50% in players head. He thinks he is better than he is. 50% the giant CF our program is right now.

TheCOWDOG

CD^ i just want to clarify. are you saying you would serve him his release this afternoon and tell him to go ahead and pack his bags?

.Crystal clear. If true, and that’s a big if, “Here’s your papers.”

Huge breach to flap to media, IF the tweet was accurate.

Viewing 25 posts - 276 through 300 (of 504 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.