McCrory, Cooper Support ECU's Big 12 Bid

Home Forums All StateFansNation McCrory, Cooper Support ECU's Big 12 Bid

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

North Carolina’s gubernatorial candidates announced Wednesday they are supporting East Carolina University’s bid for membership in the Big 12 athletic conference.

Gov. Pat McCrory and his challenger, Attorney General Roy Cooper, both sent letters to the conference commissioner supporting ECU. And both wrote as officeholders rather than political candidates — but face it, it’s election season.

McCrory’s letter to commissioner Bob Bowlsby stressed the large Pirate fan base and significant television market.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article92144717.html#storylink=cpy

tractor57
    Participant

All good but think of the logistics getting visiting teams to Greenville. I hope they can find a power conference home but there are significant challenges.

BJD95
    Keymaster

McCrory, Cooper, make Comrade BJD95 laugh so loud he almost piss his high quality Soviet trausers. And make him briefly consider voting Libertarian again.

13OT
    Participant

ECU will be in the Big XII when ND is a football member of the ACC.

gso packbacker
    Participant

I wish them luck, but just don’t see this happening whatsoever.

On a somewhat related note, heading to Greenville with friends for the State game this fall since both our sons both go there. We have a hotel, but no tickets yet. I freely admit to highly preferring not even going in the stadium and just putting my tailgating skills on display. I can handle us losing, just not sure I can handle their fans in their house (win OR lose). Advice from those who have been???

BJD95
    Keymaster

My advice? Don’t leave the hotel.

My kid starts there as a freshman (music education) in August. As such, I have politely declined the footy contest weekend, though I will attend all her performances and such.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.