MBB Coaches at New Schools Off To Hot Starts

Home Forums StateFans Basketball MBB Coaches at New Schools Off To Hot Starts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant
    pakfanistan
    Participant

Kevin Keatts, NCSU
    Keatts has recruited two 4* guards for 2017 in Lavar Batts Jr, who he snatched from VCU & Will Wade, and sharp shooter Braxton Beverly from Hargrave. He also secured several high profile transfers including graduate transfer and former top 50 Allerik Freeman who will be available immediately, Sam Hunt, UNCW phenom CJ Bryce, and the electric Devon Daniels from Utah. If transfers counted, it would be a top 25 class easily. Additionally, Keatts also has a commitment from 2018 4* guard Jamie Lewis.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Sam Hunt, UNCW phenom CJ Bryce, and the electric Devon Daniels from Utah. If transfers counted, it would be a top 25 class easily.

Are these players available for the upcoming season?

Radman
    Participant

Hunt is available this year. Bryce and Daniels have to sit out a year and will be available next year.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

B.Beverly, to me, is the most intriguing guy on the incoming list…

Two years at Hargrave… 6’4″ with crazy mad scoring numbers since middle school…

Could be a diamond in the rough, if Coach KK can work his BBIQ up a few knotches, get him to play some team ball and some defense…
    Could be an exciting kid to watch grow…

The guys that come up with nicknames around might want to start thinking….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ancsu87
    Participant

Martin
    Wade
    Archie
    Jones
    Underwood

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/here-are-five-coaches-at-new-schools-off-to-great-recruiting-starts-in-college-basketball/

Our “strong” recruiting classes the past two years worked out so well … let’s see what each coach does with these classes. Outside of Miller I would bet money the other four underwhelm in the actual product on the floor. I will take my chances with Keatts as he seems to recurit to fit his style not just recruit high ranked players.

Besides CBS College Sports thinks sports writers like Seth Davis know what they are talking about so I tend to ignore most anything on that page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.