Maverick Rowan to NCSU

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Maverick Rowan to NCSU

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

This is a big get, people.
    Sorry, I don’t have a link yet, but it is official (according to those who would know).

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Maverick-Rowan-at-Cardinal-Gibbons-134000/CurrentExpertPredictions

Wufpacker
    Participant
    WolfWiz11
    Participant

Welcome to Wolfpack Nation, Maverick!

MrPlywood
    Participant
    Wufpacker
    Participant

I wonder if Shaun Kirk would be willing to go by the nickname “Goose”.

Mav and Goose…get it?

Maybe Iceman would be better.

redisgood
    Participant

Wow! 2015 just got a whole lot better. Gott pulls another rabbit out of his hat. This fixes our depth problem and adds a legit shooter to help spread the floor. Unbelievably good news.

Add DSJ and Bam to this core group, and 2016 could be very special as well.

BJD95
    Keymaster

All of a sudden, we have 9 REALLY good ballplayers again, and something’s cooking in West Raleigh. As long as Twin B can be as competent a backup point forward as I think he can…sky’s the limit, peeps.

Wufpacker
    Participant

…sky’s the limit, peeps.

I’m unsure how to feel.
    My chronically damaged wolven psyche is more accustomed to it falling 😉

freshmanin83
    Participant

The sky is the limit, I thought the sky was falling? 😉

pakfanistan
    Participant

The sky is the limit, I thought the sky was falling? ?

Here….

Not enough ball handlers rabble rabble what if somebody gets hurt rabble rabble who’s gonna transfer rabble rabble don’t practice free throws enough rabble rabble too many wings rabble rabble anything less than a NC will be a disappointment rabble rabble.

That being said, I’m looking forward to football and basketball this year.

MrPlywood
    Participant

^ Haha. That tangentially reminds me of a MASH episode when Klinger – once again – tries to get out of the Army… Wish I could have found the clip.

Just replace the relative’s names with State players, and “dying” and “pregnant” with “hurt”, “transferring” or “going pro”. And “in the Army” with “an NC State fan”.

Henry: (leafing through the other letters) Father dying last year. Mother dying last year. Mother and father dying. Mother, father, and older sister dying. Mother dying and older sister pregnant. Older sister dying and mother pregnant. Younger sister pregnant and older sister dying. Here’s an oldie but goodie: half of the family dying, other half pregnant.(puts down the letters) Klinger, aren’t you ashamed of yourself?
    Klinger: Yes, sir. I don’t deserve to be in the Army!

Texpack
    Participant

This addition is a big boost. Bigger than adding Des Lee. In all seriousness, the back up point is our one big question mark heading into next season. Looking forward to watching this team come together.

BJD95
    Keymaster

This team can shoot. This team can rebound. This team can defend. This team has quickness, length, AND speed.

As long as Cat stays healthy, I don’t see a fatal flaw. I wouldn’t trade our roster for any other in the league. Dead serious.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Max Klinger was in Highstick’s class … right?

I with you Paky… let’s play ball!

I should be back from the high mountain desert of New Mexico before kickoff….
    beach with no water … sucks…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

I seriously needed Paki’s take, and follow ups.

Anybody wonder what Rickey and …Packalum44 do from April to September?

…Me neither 🙂

freshmanin83
    Participant

Coach Gott can’t coach D. I don’t believe he really thinks it is important. Forgot one. : )

pakfanistan
    Participant

Coach Gott can’t coach D. I don’t believe he really thinks it is important. Forgot one. : )

Look at Rowan’s name, what do you see? That’s right, NO D.

His name is an anagram of “Karmic Waver On” AKA, matador defense. Wake up sheeple!

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’m very excited by this pickup, btw.

He sort of reminds me of somebody…..

Heelh8r
    Participant

wonder what Rickey

One thing about it…If he’s out there that will raise him up!

Fastback68
    Participant

I just assumed someone murdered Rick. where the hel- are foose and WP76

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

More excited about this get than any other I can remember. He can play. Will be interesting to see who gets the most minutes at the 3 this year. Barring no major injuries, Gott has a load of possible combos to throw out on the court. This team will score like all Gott’s teams score. This bunch may be his best yet. And it may be the best on the defensive end. Henderson should be an upgrade defensively from Lacey. IMO, Lacey’s shot selection left something to be desired at times. With a healthy Cat, the improvement of the twins and the bigs, the addition of Rowan, this may be the best Pack we’ve seen in a long time.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Lurking.

Don’t want to spook away what I’m feeling.

Clemson ain’t gonna like their Halloween in Raleigh.

Wolfpack enters November with no more than one loss.

BJD95
    Keymaster

^ Have you sneaked a peek at kicking practice? If not, that’s mighty big (inferred) talk, Foose…

tjfoose1
    Participant

I have not. Ill add a caveat.

*Assuming the kicking game is at least adequate.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

We hear you’re leavin’, that’s okay
    I thought our little wild time had just begun…..

I know CD, Rickie Fowler is one of my favorite brown furry rodents, too.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.