Martin Twins to Transfer

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Martin Twins to Transfer

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

Does it matter? This is why I called bs on the “lacy surprise.” Who cares? You know when excuses are valid – if you don’t make them every damn season.

With this departure, I can already hear the excuses now. It doesn’t matter – gott should be judged on his record…not given a pass when these surprises happen on consecutive years. He deserves a chance to coach this team next season – he should be fired if he misses the tournament. We should consider firing him if he doesn’t have better than 7 seed.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Does it matter? This is why I called bs on the “lacy surprise.” Who cares? You know when excuses are valid – if you don’t make them every damn season.

With this departure, I can already hear the excuses now. It doesn’t matter – gott should be judged on his record…not given a pass when these surprises happen on consecutive years. He deserves a chance to coach this team next season – he should be fired if he misses the tournament. We should consider firing him if he doesn’t have better than 7 seed.

I think even the most avid gott supporters are livid at this. Clearly something is going on rather then the tired “lack of pt”.

Aeight
    Participant

This basketball program is nothing but one big cluster…. They can’t recruit nobody, can’t keep nobody. When they do get a recruit they have to steal one from Elon, or Guilford. That’s where the twins belong anyway, so no great loss with them leaving, but it does hurt with bench depth. Gott has lost this thing in a big way. Debbie better get a handle on this quick, we are the laughing stock of the conference now. Next year we won’t be able to compete with Elon or Guilford.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Hot takes! Get your hot takes here!

JasonP
    Participant

5 spots open right? Who’s got some eligibility left? When’s tryouts?

Wolfanatic
    Participant

I don’t wish to start anything, but to say that Gott only plays seven every year is demonstrably false. Yes, only seven averaged double figures in minutes played this past season, and that was the case in 2012-13. But, in 2013-14 and 2014-15 nine players averaged doubled figures in minutes. In his first season, eight players managed double figures. Had Henderson not been injured Maverick would not have averaged 33 plus minutes, so at least eight would have averaged double figures. Nine would, had we had them available.

I’m not going to whine about the Martin boys leaving…They got plenty of minutes this past season and other than an occasional good shooting night by Caleb, they hardly seem like ACC material.. We shall see where they transfer to. To whine because we are losing “warm bodies” seems silly. Where else in our conference would they become a more integral part of the offense? Which team in our conference really wants them? This is not to denigrate them. CD is right. They see the handwriting on the wall, and want to play two years somewhere else. Fine. That is their prerogative. I wish them all the best and thank them for their efforts, and hope that Gott does his recruiting job this off season..Go Pack…

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Abu is testing.

I feel like I need an apology

JasonP
    Participant

Good take Wolfanatic

tractor57
    Participant

Coach Cal says everyone in a UK uniform who can will be testing the waters (walk ons included). Not that I claim the situations are anything near similar but the landscape of college basketball has changed with the change in the rules for declaring for the NBA. In some ways the same has happened with transfers to other schools. I’m not absolving Gott regarding the situation either. Time will tell if he deserves to remain coach or not.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

With the open scholarships and Gottfried’s preference for playing a short bench, I don’t see how we can compete with the type of turnover we have. I agree with posters that say something more is going on than just lack of PT. I was on the fence but now think we need a change.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I agree the twins weren’t anything special in this conference but losing the better one of the two (forget if that’s Caleb or Cody) who would have come back with a year of experience as a junior is more than likely going to be quite detrimental to next years team. Then we lose the 2nd one that would also be a junior to further compound the issue.

Another log on the fire is that now he’s getting a valid reputation that players look to leave this program which is going to hurt recruiting. Anybody think other competing coaches aren’t bringing this tidbit up to recruits?

I gave MG a long leash for this year but it doesn’t appear we are building towards anything right now.

Damn shame because I think MG would be a pretty good coach with the right personnel.

BJD95
    Keymaster

His flaws are fatal.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Abu is testing.

I feel like I need an apology

Yep. I’m sure you do. It’s in your nature.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

If Gott has failed in any way, it is probably in the quality of the kids that he recruited. How many Gott defectors would you like to have back? How many showed promise but did not progress? How many thought they deserved more time and, in reality, did not? Save Purvis, I can’t think of one defector that I regret and I’m not sure that I regret Purvis (we still don’t know about Kyle). If we were having players leave and go on to be great at a comparable university, then okay. I haven’t seen it yet.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

If Gott has failed in any way, it is probably in the quality of the kids that he recruited. How many Gott defectors would you like to have back? How many showed promise but did not progress? How many thought they deserved more time and, in reality, did not? Save Purvis, I can’t think of one defector that I regret and I’m not sure that I regret Purvis (we still don’t know about Kyle). If we were having players leave and go on to be great at a comparable university, then okay. I haven’t seen it yet.

I would like to have them all back, to build a team, build chemistry, learn with one another.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

This is why I’m a baseball fan.Even Ea’s stunts cannot ruin spring

Wufpacker
    Participant

This is why I’m a baseball fan.Even Ea’s stunts cannot ruin spring

LMAO…now let’s not go overboard ’67.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Abu is gone as well. Mass exodus yet again in Raleigh. Maybe we can compete for a 12 seed next year – in the ACC.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Is Abu GONE or is he entering the draft? Because the rules are different now. He’s not gone until he’s GONE.

Not that I think he’s staying, I don’t know.

Wulfpack
    Participant

No, not gone. Got wrong info from a pal. He has not hired an agent. Testing waters. We shall see…

Rick
    Keymaster

I thought he was only averaging 2 1/2 players a year. I was wrong it’s three a year.

The only question now is when and do we screw up getting Archie.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

ESPN says Abu is gone? http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/15059973/twins-caleb-cody-martin-transferring-nc-state-wolfpack

The exodus at NC State continued Thursday as twins Caleb and Cody Martin announced that they will transfer and Abdul-Malik Abu will forego his final two seasons to enter the NBA draft.

No bueno, amigos.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

oh nevermind, apparently they sensationalized it.. later on it says he doesn’t sign with an agent.. turds.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Good riddance to all three of them…..Better team chemistry will result…..

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Lol CD are you addressing me or did a post get deleted? Fun times AGAIN on the SFN forums!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘Martin Twins to Transfer’ is closed to new replies.