Mark Gottfried Fired

Home Forums All StateFansNation Mark Gottfried Fired

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    McCallum
    Participant

Everyone wants Archie Miller. We’ll probably end up with Archie Bunker.

Not everyone wants Archie Miller. He hangs from the Sendek coaching tree, buyer beware.

Give me Archie Bunker prior to Norman Lear turning him into the face of tolerance we saw during the Archie’s Place years.

McCallum

duckfatrules
    Participant

could an explanation be that Yow gave Mark a way to save his job that everyone expects him to fail at?
    He seemed very focused in the interview with the press today, as if he knows he has a lot of hard work to do, to save his job.
    Maybe she said “IF” you make the NCAA tournament this year with this team you can save your job?

I think there are only two ways for NC State to make the NCAA this year
    1. win the ACC tournament
    2. beat Carolina and then win out the rest of the season (8-10 regular season) and win two games in the ACC tournament and therefore have a .500 win percentage (10-10) in conference.

Then everyone deducts from this scenario that it is likely that Mark does not accomplish either of these and therefore loses his job?

tractor57
    Participant

Gonna take an NCAA championship I think.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

That would be epic.

jay95
    Participant

Dayton @ St Louis at 8 on CBS Sports Network (221 on Directtv) hopefully AD Yow will be watching and like what she sees from Archie.

Class of 95

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Gottfried is done. He quit. The only negotiation should be how much $ he gets to walk. But for the life of me, how many parties in the AD’s office would’ve even privy to a discussion about a firing?

McCallum
    Participant

That would be epic.

The only thing less likely is Summer Erb modeling for Victoria Secret.

McCallum

Adventuroo
    Participant

Interesting comment. Gottfried is a professional at maintaining a “good exterior”. He obviously practiced that on and off court. To me, it is not what he says overtly to the press….aka fans…..it is what he says to the team.

If he is really a motivator, then can he totally change the demeanor of the team? YES, if they go out and play the rest of the season like Jimmy V’s guys did in 1983, then all bets are off. BUT, I don’t have that much confidence in them.

He obviously can “prevaricate” extemporaneously with the best of them….his wife and family can attest to that. NOW, can he convince them that he is being made a scapegoat for a lot of “things that they can not control”? Next, can he get them to believe that they CAN (seemingly without any defensive training) go out and “SHOW” the world?

I am NOT of that school. I DO think that the FB team has more loyalty to Coach Doeren than the MBB team has to Coach Gottfried. Perhaps it is an equal amount of both loyalty and respect. It would take a heroic effort (and some leadership that we have not seen) to turn the fearless WP into the ferocious PACK.

Sidebar….if you caught any of the Pitt vs. VT game, did you notice the crowd? The crowd at the Pitt arena is SMALLER (maybe half) of the one that showed up for the Lady Pack at Reynolds on Sunday.

I have seen some sparse crowds at the PNC, but nothing like what they just flashed up. VT, who just took down UVA the other night is DOWN 10 with a few minutes to go in the first half. They lost Clarke in the UVA for the season….pity. He was a leader and had a lot of heart.

This is the ACC…

McCallum
    Participant

Hey Adventuroo, Midol.

McCallum

Adventuroo
    Participant

McC,

Should I use an exotic smelling sanitizer prior to opening the bottle?

Sometimes I wonder about you….other times, I totally know. And, based on personal experience, it will only get worse with age….

🙂 🙂 🙂

tractor57
    Participant

McC to my point about the likelihood …

TheCOWDOG

Gottfried has nothing for the collection of the glass menagerie.

Rather, do these trinkets give a flying pigs ass about themselves and teammies? There comes a time, ya know.

If they’re so damned talented, they should know this by rote…by now.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Any truth to the rumor that an NCSU BIG DONOR has endowed a Mental Health wing at Rex?

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article132586154.html

Could it be that he vacillated between funding Gottfried’s departure or providing mental health counseling to the disconsolate and long suffering NCSU Fans?

Perhaps it should have been located on the UNC CH Campus for the UNC fans that are grappling with the issues of “The Great Unpleasantness” or “How to AFAM your way to a National Championship…”

Weird night in the ACC….teams that are Ken Pom underdogs are handing it to their opponents…

highstick
    Participant

Here we go again, newbies…As I’ve always said “until the mindset changes”, the rest is irrelevant…Same old crap as suggestions…

Glad I have not committed to WP Club this year…Been there, done that with Sendek and NOTHING CHANGED…Have at it DY.. The ball is in your court!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

BJD95
    Keymaster

We are about 45 minutes from being in 15th place, barring a rapid change of events somewhere.

McCallum
    Participant

Any truth to the rumor that an NCSU BIG DONOR has endowed a Mental Health wing at Rex?

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article132586154.html

Could it be that he vacillated between funding Gottfried’s departure or providing mental health counseling to the disconsolate and long suffering NCSU Fans?

Perhaps it should have been located on the UNC CH Campus for the UNC fans that are grappling with the issues of “The Great Unpleasantness” or “How to AFAM your way to a National Championship…”

Weird night in the ACC….teams that are Ken Pom underdogs are handing it to their opponents…

The mental health of State people, CHASS majors excluded, would have to be fairly strong. The patience of Job but with the movie theater antics of Paul Rubens in combination, State people get nothing in return. I’d say the long term effects of dealing with the dummies running the show in Raleigh make most of you losers the equivalent of the few Germans that survived Stalingrad, a real bunch of stalwarts that have been suffering in the long term.

Suffering is the elixir of life, drink deeply and long.

McCallum

BJD95
    Keymaster

BC and Pitt wach blew their double-digit 2nd half leads. The goal of making the 12/13 Tuesday game is still alive!

saigonwolf
    Participant

Not everyone wants Archie Miller. He hangs from the Sendek coaching tree, buyer beware.

Give me Archie Bunker prior to Norman Lear turning him into the face of tolerance we saw during the Archie’s Place years.

McCallum

I had this exact thought yesterday. However, just because he was coached by Sendek doesn’t mean he’ll be a carbon-copy of him. Hopefully, Archie has enough sense to know the shortcomings of Sendek, which were well-documented, and take the best of what he learned (Herbie wasn’t all-bad) while adding his own smarts to the mix. It’s kinda like the possibility of one or both ugly parents producing a good-lookin’ kid.

Wulfpack
    Participant

ESPN now reporting:

NC State coach Mark Gottfried’s tenure in Raleigh is likely coming to an end following the season, unless the Wolfpack go on a run over the next few weeks and in the ACC tournament, sources told ESPN.

“He could be gone this week, if they get pounded by North Carolina tomorrow night,” one source close to the situation told ESPN on Tuesday night.

Gottfried, 53, was hired by athletic director Debbie Yow in 2011 and proceeded to go to the NCAA tournament in each of his first four seasons, including a pair of Sweet 16 appearances.

However, the Wolfpack were 16-17 last season and are 14-12 and 3-10 in ACC play this season, with a likely high lottery pick on the roster in Dennis Smith Jr.

Yow, according to several sources, has been unhappy with the lack of effort with the current team.

“They have more than enough talent to get to the NCAA tourney,” one ACC coach told ESPN. “They just don’t play hard at all.”

NC State spokesman Fred Demarest told ESPN that Gottfried remains the coach and that the focus of the team is on North Carolina. He also denied that the school has reached out to other candidates, as several reports have indicated.

If NC State does make a coaching move, it’s likely that Dayton coach and NC State alum Archie Miller would be high atop the list, although sources told ESPN that Miller is unlikely to take the job.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18688629/mark-gottfried-likely-nc-state-wolfpack-coach-barring-late-surge

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

ESPN now reporting:

NC State coach Mark Gottfried’s tenure in Raleigh is likely coming to an end following the season, unless the Wolfpack go on a run over the next few weeks and in the ACC tournament, sources told ESPN.

“He could be gone this week, if they get pounded by North Carolina tomorrow night,” one source close to the situation told ESPN on Tuesday night.

Gottfried, 53, was hired by athletic director Debbie Yow in 2011 and proceeded to go to the NCAA tournament in each of his first four seasons, including a pair of Sweet 16 appearances.

However, the Wolfpack were 16-17 last season and are 14-12 and 3-10 in ACC play this season, with a likely high lottery pick on the roster in Dennis Smith Jr.

Yow, according to several sources, has been unhappy with the lack of effort with the current team.

“They have more than enough talent to get to the NCAA tourney,” one ACC coach told ESPN. “They just don’t play hard at all.”

NC State spokesman Fred Demarest told ESPN that Gottfried remains the coach and that the focus of the team is on North Carolina. He also denied that the school has reached out to other candidates, as several reports have indicated.

If NC State does make a coaching move, it’s likely that Dayton coach and NC State alum Archie Miller would be high atop the list, although sources told ESPN that Miller is unlikely to take the job.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18688629/mark-gottfried-likely-nc-state-wolfpack-coach-barring-late-surge

and Yow is still going to let him go out tonight, unreal

BJD95
    Keymaster

How nice, trying to make sure the handful of State folks who don’t sell their tix to Holes half-hope the bad guys somehow top the 51-point beatdown from earlier this season. GREAT LEADERSHIP, NC State!!

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

“They just don’t play hard at all.”

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Sometimes the Internet works in mysterious ways…

All the way from the Old Tree in the backyard to E$pin in just three days…

#GottNothingLeft …

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    packbackr04
    Participant

how the F would goodman know if Archie is likely to come or not. the past 2 dayton coaches have left for lower tier ACC jobs! what an assclown

BJD95
    Keymaster

Goodman still has a hard-on for HWSNBN, even after his having been fired by freaking Arizona State. Take everything he says with the requisite grain of salt.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 251 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.