Major League Baseball game thread

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports Major League Baseball game thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    rthomas44
    Participant

Ok, yes Opening Day! Stanton hits 2 homers for Yankees over Toronto.

john of sparta
    Participant

as of today, i am now too old.
    mound visits on the scoreboard.
    MLB is imitating the NFL.
    “we can ruin it better than you”

Texpack
    Participant

Springer opens the Astros season just like he did last year, with a lead off HR.

13OT
    Participant

I saw where Detroit apparently won their game in the bottom of the 9th, only to have the call at the plate reversed, wiping out what was the winning run. They ended up losing in 13.

If MLB gets this instant replay carcinoma that is ruining football and basketball, about the only sport left for me to watch will be bass fishing.

Enough already.

rthomas44
    Participant

Don’t let them steal your joy…Tanaka rules. Yankees 2-0.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

O’s atop the AL East standings early. Hope reigns early in the season 🙂

PackerInRussia
    Participant

If MLB gets this instant replay carcinoma that is ruining football and basketball, about the only sport left for me to watch will be bass fishing.

Enough already.

We are a society that doesn’t know where the limits of technological abilities lie. Just because we can doesn’t mean we should. We can review each catch to see if there’s a hundredth of a millimeter of wiggle. Is it worth the 2-minute break and countless replays all in the name of “accuracy”? I’m sure we can’t go back. Therefore, we must get to the point where can track everything and automatically get readings. I’m not saying that’s the right way to go, but sports is being analyzed in such a way already; just in retrospect (through microscopic analysis of instant replays). Might as well make it more efficient and stop slowing down the games. You can argue for tradition, but concern for tradition left the building long ago.

john of sparta
    Participant

efficiency eventually eliminates everyone.
    will we watch “Weebles wobble but they don’t fall down”?

TheCOWDOG

Catchers can no longer set up, which is why you’ll see more and more passed balls.

Dr. BadgerPack
    Participant

Still the greatest sport on the planet.

McCallum
    Participant

Still the greatest sport on the planet.

Right in there with lawn darts.

McCallum

tractor57
    Participant

I’m a baseball fan but not a MLB fan. Give me a minor league game, a ‘dog and a cold beer and the warm sun. Much cheaper with a minor league game plus you can sit much closer to the game. Instant replay in baseball – I’ll pass even if it means losing some “accuracy”. We can see what that has done to the NFL, college football and college men’s basketball.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Any of you folks got the MLB package? I figured a way yesterday to turn off the announcers completely so you only hear the game noises.

It’s blissful.

rthomas44
    Participant

Tell me how, please!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Tell me how, please!

I use Roku 3.. so this is specific to Roku.. but during the game you hit the ‘*’ key on the remote which brings up settings and you can scroll down to audio settings and change it. Also lets you optionally listen to radio announcers instead of TV guys.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.