Macallum's Shoes…. Clempsom Post Game Thread…

Home Forums All StateFansNation Macallum's Shoes…. Clempsom Post Game Thread…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK…

That was a HELLUVA FOOTBALL TODAY BY THE PACK…
    It’s mostly ALL GOOD!

AND Macallum…. I know you had a helluva good thing at the game in Death Valley.

NOW, I’m sure plenty of ya’ll been in the closet getting those old sneakers out to send to Maccallum…
    So close, yet so far…

So here’s what I want you to do….

Put them sneakers and whatever else – shirts, trousers, socks, boxers, Ts, etc — in a box and send them over to Lumberton, Kinston, Princeville or elsewhere…

Those folks need our help…

Just remember to put Macallum’s name on the box….

——————-

Let the post game chatter continue below…

We GOTT ‘DaVille next Saturday…

AND

ROUNDBALL starts TODAY!
    Be There or BeJay!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    McCallum
    Participant

I was ready to eat the damn things.

I was at the game and State was much more physical than I expected.

They hammered ClemPson.

I thought the execution was excellent on the last drive.

Beyond that, no damn comment.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I was ready to eat the damn things.

Hello…

McCallum
    Participant

While State was lining up for the win I began to realize I would have to follow through on the big talk.

So I’m wondering where to find a pair of 1982 New Balance 576s, how will I really attempt to eat the damn things, and will looking like a damn fool be worth watching half of Anderson County jump in the Seneca River?

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

you worry too much…

I was going to bail you out… either way…

Flood folks need them shoes… you and me don’t….

you mighta learned your lesson… idk…

It’s mostly ALL GOOD.

john of sparta
    Participant

is it possible to “ice” your kicker?

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I’d say the effort was worth at least one shoe. Or maybe just a shoelace.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… ^Obviously, old Macallum was still under the influence of his near Death Valley experience when he doubled down the shoe eating on this Saturday’s game vs. Da’Ville.

Nevertheless, the flood folks deserve ALL the shoes and apparel they can get….

Plenty of drop off places all over North Carolina….
    UPS/FedEx works for the rest of ya’ll….

Just remember to put “Maccallum / SFN” on your boxes!

McCallum
    Participant

A few things to note:

1) It is McCallum not Maccallum. The handle is Highland Scot, sand hill Presbyterian, reformed, strict and stern. Originally from Oban. That said I am not bothered by what you call me.

2) I have doubled down to see if State will pull a typical State and regression to the mean will be the rule.

Classic example, beat FSU and lose to Baylor.

3) ClemPson fans are near death today. They expected to win by 28-35 and have started to doubt if Jesus loves ClemPson.

McCallum

Pack78
    Participant

1) It is McCallum not Maccallum. The handle is Highland Scot, sand hill Presbyterian, reformed, strict and stern. Originally from Oban. That said I am not bothered by what you call me.

I count among my forebears Andersons and Campbells…maternal grandparents from Glasgow and Edinburgh. Strict Calvinist (and Knox) Presbyterian persuasion-I raise a dram of finely crafted single malt to you sir (and Go Pack)!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Mr. McCallum… My Apologies for my fat figures and laziness…

So that’s three of us — I GOTT Moore’s and Duncan’s on my Mom’s side and have spent most of adult life in the Presbyterian Church… which is probably why I have such disdain for Church Committees.

That said, we might agree that this season’s FOOTBALL PACK was “baptized and ordained” by flood and fire over the past two weekends. There certainly was enough “laying on of hands” to accomplish both. Where we go from here is truly in the hands of Providence and Grace and our players.

In thanksgiving and response to all of the above, we ALL ought to go ahead send those shoes to the Flood Folks.

Just remember to put “McCallum / SFN” on your boxes.

:>}

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^Don’t trust the Highland Scots of the Cape Fear River Valley. They’re disloyal.

McCallum
    Participant

^Don’t trust the Highland Scots of the Cape Fear River Valley. They’re disloyal.

If Douglas Kelly could ever remove himself from the old Blue plantation down near Carthage he’d either slap your face or shake your hand.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

All my Scottish folks were highlanders… that is to say… the earliest records readily available place them in the Piedmont, not the Coastal sections of North Carolina… before then, idk…. and then they could have fought with Mel Gibson in Braveheart or they could have been Catholic… what difference does it make? That would have been an awful long time ago.

All I knew were good, honest, farmers, merchants and working people, mostly Baptists in the last century.

On the other side … 100% English, that is …. Norman/French/English/Virgina/North Carolina with papers to prove it…

Most of the men either kept a joker up their sleeve and bottle in their pocket, or both… and attended Church mainly for penance or political motives… especially the ones who attended State or Carolina.

whatever, I don’t wear green on Patty’s day in March…

McCallum
    Participant

All my Scottish folks were highlanders… that is to say… the earliest records readily available place them in the Piedmont, not the Coastal sections of North Carolina… before then, idk…. and then they could have fought with Mel Gibson in Braveheart or they could have been Catholic… what difference does it make?

All I knew were good, honest, farmers, merchants and working people, mostly Baptists in the last century.

On the other side … 100% English, that is …. Norman/French/English/Virgina/North Carolina with papers to prove it…

most of the men either kept a joker up their sleeve and bottle in their pocket, or both… and attended Church mainly for penance or political motives…

whatever, I don’t wear green on Patty’s day in March…

Most of those directly connected to the Highlanders came in two manners:

1) up the Cape Fear prior to the 2nd Jacobite Rebellion, most famous of this group is the Argyll Colony.

2) sold into indentured servitude following the 2nd Jacobite Rebellion. Many were sold into Virginia and Maryland then moved down once they had worked for 5-10 years.

The piedmont is VOID of Highlanders, most of that stock is Scots-Irish which came down the Yadkin Trail out of Pa and Md.

True Highland NC wraps the Cape Fear River, dead heads north of Candor NC. The counties would be southern Montgomery, Moore excluding Robbins (Triassic basin soils), Harnett, Lee, Scotland, edge of Richmond, Robeson, Brunswick, border counties in SC, Cumberland, Hoke, Bladen, southern Sampson, New Hanover. Gaelic was spoken by a very few in the early 1940s.

The essential book on this matter is Douglas Kelly’s Carolina Scots which was largely taken from the McLeod’s of Farm Life Gaelic Bible (200 plus years old)

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

McCallum… thanks…

my folks all came thru Virginia….

if you notice, I used a little “h” in highlanders as a subtle, perhaps a bit too much, to distinguish them from the coastal folks..

I’m sure you remember enough early NC history to remember that geographic distinction, regardless of ethnicity or class was alone a source of political conflict in the early days of the State…

There was a “reason” the Battle of Alamance was fought 20 miles from Hillsborough and NOT in Craven County.
    Likewise, for the Red Strings some 85 years later….

I truly appreciate your work, as that adds the “class” factor to the geographic… and, more importantly, tells me a little more about my folks…. they didn’t keep a lot of their history…

And we need to send shoes to your home ground…
    Those folks are hurting.

:>}

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.