LOUSY OFFICIATING

Home Forums StateFans Basketball LOUSY OFFICIATING

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    packplantpath
    Participant

At some point I decided I could no longer tell if I was an idiot who didn’t know the rules, or the refs were making it up as they went along. Either way, watching it was no fun.

This was 3ish years ago.

I haven’t watched 6 entire games since then, and only scan parts of games otherwise.

Can’t say I’ve missed it. There is a reason ratings/attendance are/is dropping, and it isn’t because the teams are not athletic and entertaining.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I Found this… looking for something else…
    Reminded me of RICK !!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

LOL

I readily admit I am borderline insane when it comes to officiating. The inconsistencies have ruined college baskebtall for me and it really ticks me off.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

^+1 and with good reason.

Just got through watching State and Kansas- 86. Wow. They don’t make many like Corch. What leadership as a Freshman. When he was on the floor, that was his team. He even had time to work the refs and change the style of play of his defender. What a great game and fun to watch. Times have changed.

Wulfpack
    Participant

A split-second decision that is perhaps the most difficult judgment call in sports wasn’t a big part of college basketball about 30 years ago. John Clougherty, the supervisor of ACC men’s basketball officials, remembers those days well.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/04/05/4820365/block-charge-new-rules-same-issues.html#.U0RN7e29LCQ#storylink=cpy

pakfanistan
    Participant

What are you gonna do? More officials? More use of instant replay? Change the rule again?

How do you remove the judgment element?

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.