Louisville Game Thoughts

Home Forums All StateFansNation Louisville Game Thoughts

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 212 total)
  • Author
    tractor57
    Participant

I can see two reasons – first a really engaging game and second a very electric atmosphere. That the “coneheads” usually don’t do college football probably helped as well.

rthomas44
    Participant

STATE should move up to at least #15!

ryebread
    Participant

rthomas44: I think we’ll see Louisville move down and NC State move up a few slots. Louisville may fall out, or they may go to something like 24/25 with NC State somewhere around 20/21. The coaches and press know they have the returning Heisman winner and Petrino as coach.

It would take a lot of teams losing for us to move up that much. I haven’t looked at the game slate this weekend that closely but wouldn’t’ expect that many upsets.

Had we beaten S. Carolina, we’d be around 15th. Hopefully that’s the lone blemish on our record when we play Clemson. That’d be quite a game.

rthomas44
    Participant

Well, I guess I am sipping the Flavor-Aid.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Well, I guess I am sipping the Flavor-Aid.

Props for referencing the correct powdered drink mix.

choppack1
    Participant

What a great excuse for a hangover.

Very happy for DD, staff and team. Indeed, they have shown great heart. Beautiful thing to watch.

Texpack
    Participant

The best case for us is to move up 3 spots after this weekend.

YogiNC
    Participant

18 has a nice ring to it… ala Alice Cooper for you 70s kids.

Smarter than the average bear

pakfanistan
    Participant

The best case for us is to move up 3 spots after this weekend.

We move to 23 and Louisville drops out of the top 25.

choppack1
    Participant

Rankings are great, but at this point, they will take care of themselves. We showed last night that we are worthy of a Top 25 ranking. Going into this weekend, we have at least 2 games remaining vs other top 25 teams…Notre Dame and Clemson.

Greywolf
    Participant

Well apparently our pr department is showing why they should be paid in pesos. They’ve given an incredibly weak response on the blackout question that only confuses message further ….but absolutely yells “we are clueless.”

Chop,
    I know it’s an incredibly dumb thing to do to support any NCSU admin BUT I’ve been accused of being incredibly dumb before. Sometimes you need to pick your battles. Our PR department is likely not independently authorized to create a promotional campaign. Annabelle is an associate AD so I assume she clears her promo campaigns with DY. Coach Doeren most likely has veto power over football related promos.

Doeren actually said he was wearing red and was Okay with the fans wearing either red or black.

We are on national TV with some really hot black unis. Let the focus be on the team, not what the fans are wearing. The crowd focus last night (I was there) making noise when L’ville had the ball. 4 false starts by L’ville in the second half. That’s 20 yards worth of defense that’s creditable to the fans, I’d say.

VT had a purple out vs Clemson recently. That was very effective — for about 4 minutes.

This is just a different point of view. Like this past spring when my point of view of how this team was going to do was so different.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

fwiw… I’m not “thinking”… just “feeling”…

Come on PACK, Let’s DO This!!!

I’m sure I speak of all of us old wolves… JOB Well Done, guys!!!

I still ain’t thinking, just “feeling” it… and smiling deeply…

We’re Damn Proud of our Team!!!

Now, the only negative thing I can find to say is….

Tomorrow’s Saturday and we ain’t playing and I’m ready for another WOLFPACK Football Game!!!
    Guess I have to watch/listen to *NC look stupid…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    choppack1
    Participant

Bill – tomorrow will be a glorious day of watching football…confident in the notion that for this week, the Pack has advanced and is what every team we will watch Saturday is trying to be: victorious

It’s kind of like watching the NCAA tournament when your team has won. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

StateRed44
    Participant

We will be #19. If we can somehow get past next 2 we should be up to about #12 for Clemson.

YogiNC
    Participant

what a great article this is…

Is the long-sought NC State breakout season finally here?

Don’t know about the rest of you guys but I’m pretty hyped about our chances of having a pretty good year. Even taking on ND at home could be a win and THAT would be HUGE!

tractor57
    Participant

Breakout year? Possibly. Certainly a step forward.

Fastback68
    Participant

Clemson plays Georgia Tech on 10/28. Hope it’s a meat grinder.

YogiNC
    Participant

Clemson plays Wake today. I guess we’ll see how tough Wake really is.

Texpack
    Participant

Per the ESPN crew, FSU has played two great run defenses, NC State and Alabama. No, I haven’t been drinking.

rthomas44
    Participant

Pouring rain in Chapel Hill, ND14 Cheats 0, also Cheats have NO first downs…… Live is good!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Feels good sitting here watching the rest of the leaque, with a BIG WIN in our pocket…

Wake is good but not that good …
    Final Clepsom 28 – Deacons 14….
    Wake scored all their points in the 4th qtr…. which basically means the game was not as close as the score might indicate…

At the Half…
    Noles 3 — Canes – Zip

Domers 16 – Holes 7… plus it’s raining on the Whine & Cheese Crowd — they ain’t built for that….

DEFENSE is dominating everywhere this week!!!

The ONLY game we might want to think about is PITT….

Final —
    ‘Cuse — 27
    Pitt — 24

POP!!!

Fastback68
    Participant

Iirc, DD and company have won the last 3 against Wake. There are no easy win games. WF missed 2 fgs and there were 10 dropped passes and I mean right in the hands. Hinton can run the ball and the defense seemed much improved. One game at a time.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

One game at a time.

This is spades…GO PACK!…..

POP!!!

YogiNC
    Participant

FSU drops one to the canes. Everyone below State has 2 losses or more ‘cept cuse and their bubble will burst with clemson, Miami, FSU, wake and da ville on their horizon. Dame look beatable today. Cuse beat Pitt but I like our chances there. We could be 7 – 1 headed into the tigger visit. That would be a monster of a game if it works out that way. We have an extra week off before ND too. The trojans visit the sat before we do. It would be good if they get beat up a bit in that game.

McCallum
    Participant

McCallum do you get a new nickname G. Costanza?

I’d rather Buck Naked.

McCallum

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 212 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.