Let some rioting begin

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Let some rioting begin

Viewing 17 posts - 76 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    ancsu87
    Participant

They put themselves in harms way everyday and get involved in tense emotional situations with people of questionable behavior everyday. I tend to give them and the military the benefit of doubt. Not sure why you think all people would or even should agree with your thoughts on this.

The outcome was horrible but it could have been prevented if the authority figure you want held to a higher standard had been given the respect that an authority should get. You can’t have it both ways.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Not sure why you think all people would or even should agree with your thoughts on this.

The group I hear complain about government overstepping their authority are conservatives. Police are government officials, and are currently armed to the teeth. There is a real potential for abuse, and thus, I would think liberals and conservatives would be aligned on holding heavily armed government agents accountable.

The outcome was horrible but it could have been prevented if the authority figure you want held to a higher standard had been given the respect that an authority should get. You can’t have it both ways.

But that’s the thing, we don’t know for sure what happened. All we have are conflicting eye witness testimony. Maybe Mike Brown just leapt into the car and assaulted the officer for no reason, but maybe there’s some truth to the testimony that said Wilson began the encounter belligerently. And a lapel cam would definitely show that.

ancsu87
    Participant

There has always been the potential for police to abuse their power and always will be. I am not nearly as worried about the physical and profiling abuse you seem to be deathly afraid of as I am of the NSA, Patriot Act and other govt overreach including the brainwashing of two generations that they can’t Bette themselves without govt handouts.

So if Wilson told the unarmed kid to get the F out the street that justifies him assaulting a police officer?

Go back and read the earlier post by another on here on SJW and also tell me if your bleeding over the white kid killed by the AL cop? CNN and MSNBC sure ain’t. Tell me why. Why did the media pick up as the truth that the deranged Tx shooter was “anti-govt” and “anti-immigration” based on wild assed speculation by the Austin police chief?

ancsu87
    Participant

By the way we have trial juries and put people in jail based on “All we have are conflicting eye witness testimony.”. Do you want everyone to have body cams?

Maybe we can put body cams on ex-wives too so we can see what they really do with all that child support one has to pay even if you have shared custody (if the law so graciously allows it).

redcanine
    Participant

Would you have us sell the guns to pay for the cameras? If so, who would we sell them to: Hells Angels, Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, ISIS, Oliver North?

I’d rather the cops keep the weapons and skip the cameras. If Bill Gates or T Boone wants to donate copcams to high crime precincts, that’d be great. In fact, let the voters determine how they want their tax dollars spent.

What’s wrong with having officers roll two deep? It saves on gas $.

pakfanistan
    Participant

There has always been the potential for police to abuse their power and always will be. I am not nearly as worried about the physical and profiling abuse you seem to be deathly afraid of as I am of the NSA, Patriot Act and other govt overreach including the brainwashing of two generations that they can’t Bette themselves without govt handouts.

You realize the NSA is feeding the information they’re gathering to police departments right? They’re just another arm of the whole thing.

So if Wilson told the unarmed kid to get the F out the street that justifies him assaulting a police officer?

There’s a sequence of events that most violent conflicts go through, usually anger -> posturing -> verbal (cursing) -> pointing -> physical threats -> attack. There can be some stages skipped, but rarely is a conflict unavoidable. At any point in that like, actions can be taken to stop it or mitigate. Without any other evidence, we have no idea how the whole situation played out.

If Wilson escalated the situation he’s at least partially responsible for the outcome.

Go back and read the earlier post by another on here on SJW and also tell me if your bleeding over the white kid killed by the AL cop? CNN and MSNBC sure ain’t. Tell me why.

Because it was two years ago? And there was video AND audio of that encounter?

By the way we have trial juries and put people in jail based on “All we have are conflicting eye witness testimony.”.

I wonder what ever happened to “beyond a reasonable doubt”.

Do you want everyone to have body cams?
    Maybe we can put body cams on ex-wives too so we can see what they really do with all that child support one has to pay even if you have shared custody (if the law so graciously allows it).

Is everyone an armed representative of the government with near immunity?

Would you have us sell the guns to pay for the cameras? If so, who would we sell them to: Hells Angels, Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, ISIS, Oliver North?

So we can afford for them to have armored personnel carriers, and grenade launchers, and automatic weapons, but not cameras?

I’d rather the cops keep the weapons and skip the cameras. …
    What’s wrong with having officers roll two deep? It saves on gas $.

I think partnering up officers would be a great idea. Unfortunately, unless you want to double the police force, that halves coverage. A camera is VASTLY cheaper than another officer.

Regardless, video is additive.

But if you want to get down to it, I do think an argument can be made that the average officer should be non-lethally armed.

redcanine
    Participant

I could live with non-lethal force, to an extent. However, I believe that cops would not respond to certain calls as quickly, or at all, if they knew how much danger they could face when armed with only pepper spray.

ancsu87
    Participant

It was 2 years ago and the video had no sound. The kid was high on LSD and naked. He Approched the campus police building and was shot by an office despite fact he never got more than 5 ft to the officer. He also clearly held his hands out with palms outward to show he was unarmed.

So why did the Mike Brown incident cause such an outage and this one was an officer being threatened? We will never take back our govt for the people by the people until we realize what both political parties use various social injustice incidents to serve themselves and keep the people divided into us and
    them groups.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Nope, wrong.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/10/collar_story.html

Videos taken from cameras in the arriving officers’ lapels reveal Collar saying “shoot me” multiple times in the moments before his final collapse.

And

On USA police surveillance video, the naked Collar can be seen in the grainy footage walking back toward the department building when USA officer Trevis Austin emerges, gun drawn. Austin backs up from Collar, and Collar keeps advancing before falling to his knees.

And lastly, I think the officer involved in that shooting should most likely have been indicted.

And I think this officer should be indicted also

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2854617/Cops-shot-12-year-old-Tamir-Rice-dead-holding-BB-gun-did-not-aid-watched-lie-agony-died-just-hours-later.html

ancsu87
    Participant

The USA surveillance video had no audio. The collar cams with video were on the two officers that arrived AFTER he was first shot. Regardless in this case there was video evidence of non aggression to the police office yet no indictment. Being that this was campus police and the video I find that hard to understand but even more concerned where the moral outrage is at. You are not focusing on the big picture or the people behind the strings.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Regardless in this case there was video evidence of non aggression to the police office yet no indictment.

Moving toward the officer was enough to get Mike Brown gunned down.

MrPlywood
    Participant

http://online.wsj.com/articles/what-happens-when-police-officers-wear-body-cameras-1408320244

“So it is in Rialto, Calif., where an entire police force is wearing so-called body-mounted cameras, no bigger than pagers, that record everything that transpires between officers and citizens. In the first year after the cameras’ introduction, the use of force by officers declined 60%, and citizen complaints against police fell 88%.”

“What happens when police wear cameras isn’t simply that tamper-proof recording devices provide an objective record of an encounter—though some of the reduction in complaints is apparently because of citizens declining to contest video evidence of their behavior—but a modification of the psychology of everyone involved.”

“In the U.K., where tests with them began in 2005, studies have shown that they aid in the prosecution of crimes, by providing additional, and uniquely compelling, evidence. In the U.S., in some instances they have shortened the amount of time required to investigate a shooting by police from two-to-three months to two-to-three days.”

ancsu87
    Participant

No assaulting an office in his car was what got Mike Brown gunned downed.

Look I could make a case for an indictment of Wilson but not before the case in AL. The kid was naked. Pretty easy to see he was unarmed and crazy. Why did not the AG go investigate that case? Why didn’t people riot?

ancsu87
    Participant

Good article on the cameras. I think it is a skippy slope to all of us wearing cameras eventually but I can’t say at this time I am against it especially if it provides evidence that stops the flame whippers and media from inciting riots with speculation and lies. However judging from the AL case I would say there still will be arguments over “concrete evidence”.

I just want to know why the Brown case became some flammable and why the media and “leaders” are not held accountable for the flame whipping.

pakfanistan
    Participant

No assaulting an office in his car was what got Mike Brown gunned downed.

You know he was shot >130ft from the car right?

Look I could make a case for an indictment of Wilson but not before the case in AL. The kid was naked. Pretty easy to see he was unarmed and crazy. Why did not the AG go investigate that case? Why didn’t people riot?

The AG probably didn’t investigate because there was no public out cry, and people didn’t riot because there was no public outcry.

And there’s not a perception and a history of racial bias against whites by the police force.

ancsu87
    Participant

Perception isn’t reality. So basically you are ok that the media and democratic officials are only concerned with excessive police force against the voter block they have a stronghold on.

Yes I knew he was killed ~ 130 ft from the car. Are you aware he had powder residue on his hands and the gun went off in the officers SUV?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Perception isn’t reality. So basically you are ok that the media and democratic officials are only concerned with excessive police force against the voter block they have a stronghold on.

Black are stopped at 2x the rate of whites, and searched at 3x the rate. So there’s some reality in that perception.

And I see several reasons the officials would be concerned about this particular case
    1) Perceived bias by the black community of which the president and the AG are a part.
    2) As you said, they’re people who voted for the president. That’s the whole reason they’re in office right? To execute the will of the voting majority? That or money.
    3) They may have acted to ease tensions by allowing people to think justice was more likely to be served if the AG and president got involved.

As for the media, they’re just looking for a story that has traction. Murders are reported every day and we forget about them. But a murder + riot + a racial aspect is enough to fill days of program time.

Yes I knew he was killed ~ 130 ft from the car. Are you aware he had powder residue on his hands and the gun went off in the officers SUV?

Yes, but he didn’t die at the car, he died when he was shot in the head after he turned around and headed back for the officer, allegedly.

Viewing 17 posts - 76 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.