Let some rioting begin

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Let some rioting begin

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    NCSU88
    Participant

Question for any law enforcement types: Is there a “fight another day” SOP that police use? After the initial contact had gone badly and the suspect was walking away from the officer’s vehicle, hindsight may tell us that the officer could have broken contact, called for backup and then pursued and apprehended the suspect once the situation had cooled and was more favorable for law enforcement.

I don’t know. I know this is a split second situation and decision process.

redcanine
    Participant

“I dare you to call a pass interference penalty on us. You better not reach for that flag, Mr Ref. I’ll pull it out of YOUR pocket!”.

And if or DB gets what he has coming, even justifiably, I’m gonna pull down the field goal post, vandalize the locker room, and steal all the liquor I can get my hands on. F the Po-Refs, F the Po-Refs, F-’em.

I love American Football.

BassPacker
    Participant

As one official spokesman said, “It didn’t matter what the verdict was, it didn’t matter if 10,000 National Guardsman was in place, they were gonna loot and set fires”. Sad but true.

Emotion can make what seems like easy answers to “why” go the way of “wtf”. One ask why did the officer shoot the young man so many times? Fear is a split second emotion. If the officers story is accurate that the young man had struggled with the officer before attempting to flee, but came back toward him running, who can say they wouldn’t unload their weapon until the fear factor was eliminated? An emotional decision we question.

Mourning is a deep emotion. Why did a parent incite riot and burning of innocent small business when they publically declare “F**K the Police” and “Burn the town DOWN”! Another emotional decision we question.

I’m not racist but if a person had been proven to disrespect a person of authority (store owner) just prior and had also just been shown to have an aggressive behavior (pushed store owner) and also a disregard for law (robbery) then maybe the person is not the “good Kid” some would like to say he is or was. But another emotional decision made by the young man.

Emotion and Perception can affect actions.

Texpack
    Participant

Well, if some of “the engineers” on here who have it all figured out would have ventured off and taken an elective in Criminology, you’d all be able to “understand it”…

Flashback to 1967, I’d just finished a fast pitch softball game at Ft. George G. Meade, Md and we’d headed to the local pub in uniform(softball, not olive drab) afterwards…Hadn’t been there long and a newscast came on the TV about MLK being killed…Next day, we started hearing rumblings about sending a group of us that were assigned weapons to go to DC because of the riots…Without freakin’ ammo! The small group raised so much hell that the order was quashed immediately. Damned if I was gonna go down there without ammo and with a rifle that had not been zeroed in a year! Sure hope they are not doing something stupid like that with these NG’s from Missouri..

Makes you wonder though, if the agitators are ever gonna quit agitating and let race relations in this country cure itself? I sure don’t feel like I did in the early 60’s, the late 60’s or whatever. There’s a group of people out there that don’t want the divide to ever be bridged! What say “ye Al etal”???

The first two counties in SC desegregated their public schools in 1970. Mine was one of them. I will never forget going to school that first week with the National Guard posted along the streets in full riot gear. I will also never forget that 14 years later I played racquetball at a private club in Houston as the guest of a black friend of mine. That is how much times changed in the South during that stretch. In the years since, virtually all signs of bigotry have gone away. There are still individuals out there who are prejudiced and there always will be, but the problem is a very minor one. Stick hits the nail on the head with his comment above. The perception of racial injustice is the source of power and money for a prominent group of bigots who want to keep this issue stirred up for their own personal gain.

JasonP
    Participant

Daniel Simpson Day had a great post above. The story of the officer having a broken orbital bone was completely false, but the damage has already been done despite its being exposed as a sham. A narrative was pushed with that story, which is a despicable thing for the press to do.

If virtually all bigotry has gone away, then that area in/around St. Louis wouldn’t have the issues it has today. It’s got nothing to do with ‘agitators,’ which is exactly what MLK and others in the Civil Rights movement were called by folks who didn’t want to look in the mirror or reflect/take action on Jim Crow. We may have come a long way, but there’s still a long way to go.

StateRed44
    Participant

What issues are those Jason? Blacks burning down a city?

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’ve read it [the officer’s account] and I think anyone who is truly objective will agree that it sounds fishy, possibly coached (particularly the part about the kid l reaching in his waistband).

Oops. Too bad the evidence and the witnesses corroborated the officer’s account.

I guess somebody needs to explain to these Uncle Tom witnesses the true meaning of ‘justice’ or they’ll be lumped in with the likes of Condi Rice, Clarence Thomas, Ben Carson, and Tim Scott.

It’s about agenda, you big dummies. Truth ain’t got nothing to with it. Give the good reverend Al Sharpton a call, or Michael Eric Dyson, they’ll explain it to you.

“Truly objective” my ass. “The kid” reference was a nice touch though. “Robbery suspect”, and later provenb to be the perpetrator) would have been more appropriate under the circumstances.

Texpack
    Participant

If virtually all bigotry has gone away, then that area in/around St. Louis wouldn’t have the issues it has today.

What issues are those? You imply that all of the issues that exist in the black community are the result of bigotry. Is black on black crime the result of bigotry?

If blacks today are being taught the kind of hatred of whites that was taught in reverse 50 years ago, then maybe we do still have a long way to go. I would say that I see at least some evidence that that is the case.

Martin Luther King would vomit if he watched Al Sharpton operate.

tractor57
    Participant

The events after the incident are troubling – on both sides. Strange use of a grand jury, strange ‘leaks’ of information provided to the grand jury, strange presence (and lack of) of the usual suspects in the events after the incident. Odd things in the grand jury record as well with the media frenzy.
    In the end I thin the incident was a thug trying to kill a cop and he lost. The stuff after that event gets very murky. My question is not if rather why …

tjfoose1
    Participant

The ‘witnesses’ who sparked all this with blatant lies and intentional inflammatory embellishments, only to to later recant, need to be prosecuted.

Odd how the media isn’t picking up the threats and intimidation against those who ultimately testified, how they were warned to keep their mouth shut, or the murder of one off these witnesses, DeAndre Joshua.

packplantpath
    Participant

That is how much times changed in the South during that stretch. In the years since, virtually all signs of bigotry have gone away. There are still individuals out there who are prejudiced and there always will be, but the problem is a very minor one.

Want to know how much things have changed in NC?

A few years ago, I was at the home of a black family in rural, eastern NC and in their yard was a flagpole. On that flag was the U.S. flag and just below it was dixie. That was unexpected, to say the least.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

The more I read from the other witnesses, the more I believe the officer’s overall account.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

“It’s about agenda, you big dummies” – so much for having a civil discussion

JasonP
    Participant

What issues are those?

I refer to the issues involving controversy within the St Louis and surrounding areas’ law enforcement communities. An internet search can reveal alarming incidents involving St. Ann, Glendale, and city/county officers that reinforce an earlier comment that labeled the area a powderkeg.

tjfoose1
    Participant

It’s about agenda, you big dummies

Apologies for not being clear, DSD.

That was intended as part of a hypothetical ‘discussion’ between the witnesses referenced in my post and Al Sharpton et al, not to readers and posters here.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

TFJ, I figured you were and I guess I should have added a smiley face emogi.

The issue that I have not seen addressed and I’m very curious about is if the police force is hostile and aggressive to the black people in Ferguson and it is a predominantly black community, why do they continue to elect local officials (city council & mayor) that tolerate their hired LEO to behave in that manner?

Texpack
    Participant

The issue that I have not seen addressed and I’m very curious about is if the police force is hostile and aggressive to the black people in Ferguson and it is a predominantly black community, why do they continue to elect local officials (city council & mayor) that tolerate their hired LEO to behave in that manner?

This just reinforces Stick’s earlier comment about the “leaders” not wanting the perception of racism to go away. In a town with an overwhelmingly black population (at least that’s what I’ve seen reported) the government should be one that deals with whatever the perceived issues are. It’s not like trying to reform the entire federal government. If the people and their leaders really want it to change they have all the power they need to make it happen.

redcanine
    Participant

“Let me show you this beautiful restoration in Ferguson. It has a lovely view of a burned down church.”
    -ReMax Employee of the Month

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Against my better judgment (as if I have any to begin with), I’m wading in here. I’m going to put a bit of a different spin on this – rather than just ‘race relations’. Forgive the incoming rant, but here goes nothing:

If the SJW’s get their way they’ll all but destroy not just race relations, but also gender equality, democracy, and political discourse. Race relations are better than ever (to wit, I am white and my girlfriend is black), but the SJW would tear that asunder in a heartbeat.

SJW’s – primarily via social media – helped to incite the rioting in Ferguson. Don’t believe me? Look it up. These people are so far left even staunch liberals decry them. They do not want actual justice – they just want to push their narrative-driven agenda and to hell with whoever might get hurt. What’s happening in Ferguson – while tragic – is now part of the ongoing Culture War that has been simmering for years and is in full flame now thanks to social media. Would the riots have taken place anyway? Possibly – but the SJW’s helped ensure it. The SJW makes everything authoritarian vs. libertarian/pro-democracy. Cultural Marxism is alive and well, unfortunately (to me, anyway).

Please forgive my tangent in this discussion, but these people are deeply involved. I won’t try for a sociology expose here, but if you’re at all unfamiliar with ‘Social Justice Warriors’ do yourself a favor and research. They infiltrated and destroyed the ‘Occupy’ movement from the inside (regardless of whether you think that was liberal astroturfing (I do) or a true grassroots movement), and now they are inflaming the situation in Ferguson – urging those involved even tangentially to riot and overthrow the ‘cis white male oppressors’. SJW’s have made many other organizations and people kowtow to their demands primarily through threats – they made the comic book market crumble, and now there is a huge social media battle over video gaming called Gamergate. I won’t bore you with the details but I implore you to do your research (and by research I mean actual research – not just what the mainstream media wants to push, which is the most sensationalist angle).

Basically, to the SJW the straight white male is the root of all evil. Oddly enough, an overwhelming number of SJW’s are just that – straight white males – who through Bay Area Culture think that they know better and should speak for everyone else – minorities included. SJW’s have basically destroyed modern day feminism – with many people now associating feminism (a good thing, IMO) with the radicalized feminism that SJW’s support (kill all men; men should have less rights than women). With them, the ends always justify the means and they don’t care who gets hurt – even if it’s the person(s) that they supposedly speak for. They will lie, deceive, cheat, and threaten in service to their doctrine (sound familiar?).

Well, wufpup – what do you have against Social Justice?

Nothing. Social justice can be a very good thing and make inroads into bridging differences between people. ‘SJW’ is a misnomer. An SJW does more to destroy actual social justice and progress than almost anyone – hence the ‘warrior’ part of the name. The reason why is because an SJW wants to push a self-serving narrative and obtain power where they otherwise should have none – actual justice be damned. They are fascists who believe that they are ‘thought police’, punishing ‘thought crimes’ and want to control what people can do, think, and say. I’m dead serious. This era of literally everything having to be ‘politically correct’ – otherwise someone is offended and triggered – is a direct result of the SJW. F*** them.

See, I knew I shouldn’t have gotten involved in this discussion. Make fun of me as you will. Sorry, these people make my blood absolutely boil.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Does anyone disagree that all cops need body cameras, and should be required to use them?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Does anyone disagree that all cops need body cameras, and should be required to use them?

^I think it’s a good idea. I personally don’t see any drawbacks. They are performing a pubilc/civic service, not private employment.

redcanine
    Participant

If you filmed it, you’d have to put it on TV. Show every gory detail and all the blood, brains, and body parts. Not much good can come from that, IMO.

pakfanistan
    Participant

No good could have come from having video of Mike Brown attacking (or not) Darren Wilson?

redcanine
    Participant

None! He had enough in the way of witnesses to negate the speculative value of an audio/video recording.

JasonP
    Participant

None! He had enough in the way of witnesses to negate the speculative value of an audio/video recording.

I…wait, what?

You know, come to think of it, I’d rather them not have any audio/video recording of State games from now on. I’ll just post up outside of the PNC and ask the witnesses what happened. If I can’t get there, I’ll just call up some buddies and ask if they know anyone that watched the game and have them relay what happened. Makes perfect sense.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.