Let some rioting begin

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Let some rioting begin

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Poor guy

pakfanistan
    Participant

Is the mention of rioting an attempt to relate this story to what’s going on in Ferguson at the moment?

redcanine
    Participant

Yes.

What bothered me the most is the smirk on the deputy’s face as he failed to comprehend the reality of the situation. He smiled and walked away. Asshole!

StateFans
    Keymaster

pakfanistan — it obviously isn’t related to the Ferguson situation as there are no controversies about the parapelegic attacking a police officer that led to an orbital blowout fracture of the officer’s eye socket or that the parapelegic ever physically threw some folks around while robbing a convenience store (link). Other than that, I am sure there are a lot of folks that would make a case that racism is at play here since all of the deputies are one color and the victim is a different color.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’ve said it once, and I will say it again.

Humanity. Is. F-cked.

pakfanistan
    Participant

pakfanistan — it obviously isn’t related to the Ferguson situation as there are no controversies about the parapelegic attacking a police officer that led to an orbital blowout fracture of the officer’s eye socket or that the parapelegic ever physically threw some folks around while robbing a convenience store (link). Other than that, I am sure there are a lot of folks that would make a case that racism is at play here since all of the deputies are one color and the victim is a different color.

Can I just take that as a yes?

StateFans
    Keymaster

🙂

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’m torn, because there needs to be accountability for police.

I want to say they should all have video cameras on them any time they’re on duty. That seems like a great way to quickly get to the bottom of a he said, she said police encounter.

By the same token, I would never work somewhere I was constantly surveilled.

What’s the solution?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Pay police officers more so you have a better applicant pool and can screen out the power-hungry psychos?

pakfanistan
    Participant

Sounds like a recipe for higher paid psychos.

BTW, some policing organization in Wake county apparently has four rocket launchers and 168 assault rifles. Seems reasonable and justifiable, what with all the terrorist activity in Wake county.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I’m no fan of the growing militarization of domestic police forces, their growing thug tactics, or the power mad meatheads within their ranks, however…

Anyone consider the possibility that Officer Wilson’s account is what happened? Does it matter that the media is now reporting there are now 12, TWELVE, witnesses that corroborate it.

Not that it matters at this point. The rioters demand ‘justice’, their version of it anyway. They’re calling for the officer to be killed.

The irony.

Imagine if you’re a store owner trying to protect your property with 7 bullets.

tjfoose1
    Participant

They can’t pay them more, BJD. Tax revenue is not for protecting the rights and property of citizens, its for buying votes and creating dependency.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Don’t forget repaying the favor for campaign contributions!

Again, see the Carlin “f-ck hope” clip. It works for all situations and regardless of ideology.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Anyone consider the possibility that Officer Wilson’s account is what happened? Does it matter that the media is now reporting there are now 12, TWELVE, witnesses that corroborate it.

Not that it matters at this point. The rioters demand ‘justice’, their version of it anyway. They’re calling for the officer to be killed.

Yes, people have considered it.

And there’s some evidence that a good portion of the bad behavior, rioting and looting and such, is from outside influence. Apparently, anarchists and others have used this as an opportunity to be turd burglars.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Lootas gonna loot

pakfanistan
    Participant
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… some things are better left unsaid… at least until well after cooler heads have prevailed…
    Both of these events appear very close to falling in that category.

——————–
    There is no shortage anywhere of folks, all with what they consider to be the best intentions, who will jump on some ‘bad’ or unfortunate event for the sole purpose of advancing tangential political agendas (moving centered around moving money around)…

And the invisible truth of this fact is that the ‘people’ doing the most ‘pushing’ are buried and hidden 1000s of miles away…
    Anybody you ever see on TV is just a “FaceMan or FaceWomen”, paid or otherwise…

The ‘Invisible People” do not get their hands dirty.
    You can’t stop what you see… until you stop what you don’t see…

——————–
    One last random comment….

While I do not advocate in any way… out-of-control law enforcement at any level…

Consider this… if the Cops weren’t capable of being just as ‘Bad’ in every way as the ‘Bad Guys’…
    How many of you would sleep as well as you do now… every night?

Like I said… some things probably ought not be discussed in open public forums …

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Humanity. Is. F-cked.

Lootas gonna loot

Sadly, yes.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Just wanna say, humanity isn’t f*cked. In my opinion.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Depends upon one’s definitions, sliding scales, semantics, interpretations (and all that jazz) of f-cked, I suppose.

As a whole, and referring only to human nature/behavior fwiw, I’d agree that we’re no more f-cked than we’ve always been. But no less either.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Looks like the broken eye socket is questionable. The X-ray TGWP posted is from a university website, and is not the officer’s X-ray.
    TGWP is a dubious source

Also, the clerks at the store that was supposedly robbed didn’t call the police to report a robbery.
    Clerks didn’t call the police to report a robbery

Wulfpack
    Participant

Police already stated he was not a suspect. So why release the video? What purpose does it serve?

We don’t have all the facts. But we do know the kid was shot 6 times and twice in the head.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

I hate to bring this back up, but am hoping it can be discussed in a civil manner; hard to believe this all started over three months ago.

The rioting and destruction of private property is unjustifiable.

But I do find it reasonable to vocally question the officer’s account of what transpired. I’ve read it and I think anyone who is truly objective will agree that it sounds fishy, possibly coached (particularly the part about the kid reaching in his waistband). I also read the account of Brown’s friend Dorian Johnson and I believe portions of his account can be questioned as well.

One side is portraying the kid as a stoned, loud mouthed, out of control thug/punk and painting the cop as the model civil servant. The other side is claiming the cop overreacted and shot an innocent college bound kid multiple times while he was trying to surrender with his hands in the air.

The truth is likely somewhere in the middle. Kid was probably being disrespectful; cop probably overreacted and couldn’t control his rage and it escalated from there. Cooler heads on either side likely prevents the whole situation. Sounds like the community was a powder keg waiting for a spark. Sad all around.

TheCOWDOG

Civil disobediance has been swallowed whole.

Where are those alien spaceships when ya need ’em.

highstick
    Participant

Well, if some of “the engineers” on here who have it all figured out would have ventured off and taken an elective in Criminology, you’d all be able to “understand it”…

Flashback to 1967, I’d just finished a fast pitch softball game at Ft. George G. Meade, Md and we’d headed to the local pub in uniform(softball, not olive drab) afterwards…Hadn’t been there long and a newscast came on the TV about MLK being killed…Next day, we started hearing rumblings about sending a group of us that were assigned weapons to go to DC because of the riots…Without freakin’ ammo! The small group raised so much hell that the order was quashed immediately. Damned if I was gonna go down there without ammo and with a rifle that had not been zeroed in a year! Sure hope they are not doing something stupid like that with these NG’s from Missouri..

Makes you wonder though, if the agitators are ever gonna quit agitating and let race relations in this country cure itself? I sure don’t feel like I did in the early 60’s, the late 60’s or whatever. There’s a group of people out there that don’t want the divide to ever be bridged! What say “ye Al etal”???

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.