Les Miles' job in jeopardy at LSU

Home Forums StateFans Football Les Miles' job in jeopardy at LSU

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Miami at #2? Someone needs to back away from the crack pipe.

No kidding. It isn’t 1980 anymore, kind of like the Nebraska gig. And, there are some rather boisterous and dumb ex-convicts I mean Canes that like to run their mouths.

It will be interesting to see if the UVa gig comes open next week. I think they’ve seen enough of London. Not a bad job, though VT gets the nod there.

I have heard that Rich Rod does not fit at Zona and is ready to come back east.

I can see Southern Cal making a run at Chip Kelly. He does not fit in the NFL or in Philly.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Scott Shafer fired at Cuse.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It appears LSU is ready and has the funds to do this:

In reality, Miles’ $15 million figure may be closer to $20-$25 million once LSU buys out assistant coaches’ salaries and potentially pays $5 million to buy out Jimbo Fisher from his Florida State contract.

That’s crazy. It really puts it in perpesctive.

Jimbo to LSU. Richt to FSU.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Evidently Kirby Smart has emerged as one of the leading candidates at South Carolina.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Smart at South Cakalaky makes sense for all parties involved.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I hung out with a k. Smart a time or two when he was a dawg. My impression is he’ll either be a great hire and it’ll show early on, or he’ll be a muschamp like hire and flame out fast.

Wulfpack
    Participant

There are going to be a bunch of head coaches fired this week following Saturday’s games. Some coaches’ fates are already sealed, while others hang perilously in the balance. Duke’s AD said he expects to see a record 30 openings this year.

Locally, keep an eye out on the VT/UVa and GT/UGa games. It could very well be the swan song for all four of those coaches.

Adventuroo
    Participant

LSU and their money…..how does one of the poorest states with a high unemployment rate and a low per capita income afford this….I guess that it is the DC economics….

This comes from several articles….and a little brain math….

Les’ contract buyout is $15 Million…..let THAT little factoid sink in.

LSU is doing a “survey”….not of potential candidates…but WHO the potential folks will be that are sniffing Les’ rear end. They are doing a “What IF” or games theory analysis. They want to know how good his stock will be….

SO, when the can him, they figure that he will be picked up by some well heeled “U” that wants to breathe some new life into their FB program….SO, whoever hires him….his salary THAT AMOUNT will be subtracted, annually, from his salary. SO, they seem to be betting that they will only have to pay pennies on the dollar in his “Buyout”.

Next up….and this is NOT any inside info….Jimbo is the most likely candidate to go BACK to LSU. Jimbo’s buyout (if he leaves) is $5 Million. THAT will probably be paid by LSU. That money is NOT recoverable. IT will be an Expense….

Interestingly, I THINK that the contracts are worded so that the “stealing U” can NOT pay directly to the “We be Stolen From U”. SO, LSU writes a check for $5 Million to Jimbo. They give him a W-2 for that. He has to pay around 35% (depends on where he is residing when he gets the check). FL does NOT have an income tax….take the money..pay FSU….THEN change your address.

NOW some of the major conferences to the north have contractual wording that says….We will pay the tax liability….it will be a Net Sum Zero gain/loss for Jimbo. SO, LSU has to pay out almost $7 Million. Debbie did NOT pay the taxes on Coach D’s buyout…HE DID.

NOW, there are folks that say the Les’ & Jimbo’s top assistants have similar clauses….just lower amounts. SO…if Jimbo brings his guys….they will probably get $$ from LSU to pay THEIR liabilities. AND if Jimbo don’t LIKE Les’ crew….then LSU has to fire them and PAY them.

Some of the folks that have read the contracts and done the math say that that if Jimbo comes full loaded and they fire Les’ guys….that LSU could spend another $5 Million for that.

Did I read somewhere that Les’ record is 110 – 32 or 77.5%. I guess that ain’t good enough for the Cajun Crowd.

The LSU BB coach is GLAD that the 8000 Gorilla is in the room and sucking up all the air….otherwise, folks would be calling for his head…

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.