Les Miles' job in jeopardy at LSU

Home Forums StateFans Football Les Miles' job in jeopardy at LSU

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

This seems more than just a little insane to me.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Evidently this has legs. A bunch of people down there in the Bayou not happy with the way things are going. It’s all about chasing Bama. And they have collapsed the past couple weeks.

BassPacker
    Participant

When a coach make 7 million a year. 3 losses a year is unexceptible I guess. Maybe more who the losses are against. One can see alot of movement in the coming weeks. Strong out at Texas, hired at Miami. Les out at LSU, hired at Texas. Who that replaces Les could start a chain reaction. USC hire could see a huge swing in coaches movement. could we see the return of Butch Davis? I bet USC goes after a top coordinator, possibly like a Gene Chiznik at the CHeats. Alot could happen over at the hill depending on next 2 games, Fedora could become top of the list for several vacant jobs.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I think Charlie stays another year. Butch to Miami. Chizik definitely gets a job. Fedora? No.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Don’t be confused, Coach Hat is going to get job offers, particulary if they manage to knock of Clemson in the ACC title game (god forbid what they will do if they actually win a championship, considering there non-existent coastal division championship rings a few years ago).

However, with the exception of USC (who is making all kinds of bad decisions since Pete Carroll left, consider Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkesian), none of the big boys will offer the Hat the job.

He could get an offer from South Carolina…it might be hard to turn down an SEC head coaching job.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I disagree. Most people see this has been Chizik’s influence.

TheCOWDOG

I see Chizik getting his HC legs back at UCF. I predict LSU cans Miles and makes a run at both Miss St. and Ole Miss.

Fedora fills one of the Mississippi slots…Or.. he indeed heads to South Carolina. One thing I’m quite sure of is that he won’t be hanging around for the coming nuclear winter in Holeville.

FergusWolf
    Participant

I disagree. Most people see this has been Chizik’s influence.

The problem, Wufpack, is that too many administrations are looking for the hot name to be a quick fix. Coach Hat just needs to make sure he has a good DC (since he obviously knows nothing about defense).

Wulfpack
    Participant

I see Chizik back in the SEC at a Mizzou or South Carolina.

pack_time
    Participant

The Memphis coach Fuentes I believe, is a hot name and could end up at USC.

Don’t be surprised if Virginia tech makes a run for miles.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Buddy I work with is a VPI grad and told me that along with Rich Rod, Fedora is on their short list. Believe it when I see it.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

The Memphis coach Fuentes I believe, is a hot name and could end up at USC.

Don’t be surprised if Virginia tech makes a run for miles.

I have a friend at church that is tied in pretty well with the USC athletics and he says they are looking hard at Fedora. Not sure what that means exactly but he is on their list.

If Miles or Richt got fired then we should pat DD on the head and send him on his way if we could get either of the 2. richt would be a God send since he already has the recruiting ties built in. I know they would be expensive but IMO would be well worth the cost and the return on investment would be spectacular.

Radman
    Participant

DD ain’t going anywhere.

Texpack
    Participant

Herb Sendek has announced that he is not a candidate for the LSU job.

BassPacker
    Participant

The whole idea of LSU firing Les Miles is beyond me and college football. And it looks like it will happen. With no name mentioned in a resume would you fire a coach with a 10 yr record averaging 10 wins a season? And throw in these couple asterisks: One National Championship, 3 SEC Championships. And just 3 weeks ago his team is ranked #2 in the Nation with a Heismen candidate on the roster? Plus a 20 million dollar buyout?

I think there more coming out of those Louisiana Bayous than gas.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Given the history, if and when the job is open, LSU will be looking at Jimbo. He’s probably at the top of their list.

Chizik is not a fit for the Trojans, several different ways. Fuentes is, style wise, anyway.

I have no clue who VT hires, but I wouldn’t mind one bit if it resulted in Foster moving to Raleigh. Doubt it, but one can hope. To paraphrase TOB, that would be a triple play. X’s and O’s, recruiting, national credibility/exposure (at least in football circles).

tjfoose1
    Participant

If Miles or Richt got fired then we should pat DD on the head and send him on his way if we could get either of the 2. 

That’s about 3 levels and 4 cuts of dumb

tjfoose1
    Participant

The whole idea of LSU firing Les Miles is beyond me and college football.

You gotta know the fan base.

With no name mentioned in a resume would you fire a coach with a 10 yr record averaging 10 wins a season? And throw in these couple asterisks: One National Championship, 3 SEC Championships. And just 3 weeks ago his team is ranked #2 in the Nation with a Heismen candidate on the roster? Plus a 20 million dollar buyout?

Me? No.

But at LSU? Absolutely. Not only would it not be a surprise, but would be half expected.

Same thing goes for Alabama.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

If Miles or Richt got fired then we should pat DD on the head and send him on his way if we could get either of the 2.

That’s about 3 levels and 4 cuts of dumb

You wouldnt take Richt or Miles over what we have now? Seriously?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Not Richt. I have a soft spot for harmless crazy people, but somehow I doubt we would meet Les’ $5M price tag.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

One ranking of the current coaching vacancies:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/14/9530335/ncaa-football-coach-jobs-best

Miami at #2? Someone needs to back away from the crack pipe.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

“Miami at #2? Someone needs to back away from the crack pipe.” – yeah, if you haven’t seen any of the pictures of the crappy attendance for their senior day you need to check them out. That’s all you need to “negatively recruit” against them.
    From what I’ve heard, Miami doesn’t have money to spend on an elite coach and they are in a long term lease agreement with a pro stadium that is a 45 minute drive from campus.
    Of course, VPI and So. Carolina have their warts too.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

“You wouldnt take Richt or Miles over what we have now?” – I’d take a 10,000 square foot mansion over what I have now, but I can’t afford it.

tjfoose1
    Participant

You wouldnt take Richt or Miles over what we have now? Seriously?

It’s more complicated than that, but given the various side scenarios that would have to precede and then those that would follow, and the associated repercussions, and then what would follow those…. no, I would not.

And it’s not even close. I wouldn’t even consider it for more than 10 seconds, 15 on a slow day.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I would definitely take Richt, but it’s not happening.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.