Last Look at the Bubble

Home Forums All StateFansNation Last Look at the Bubble

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

After following the bubble closely for both Sendek and Gottfried, I mostly enjoy the bubble discussions we have around here. The only time that it is
    [See the full post at: Last Look at the Bubble]

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am happy that the Holes’ half of the ACCT bracket is murderously tough, at least. Think they have a 1 seed regardless.

If we manage to get past Clemson, Duke will get to kick our teeth in.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I haven’t paid attention to State’s OOC ranking because it hasn’t been of importance for quite some time but man it turned out to be a stinker. Good thing they’re not a bubble team; they wouldn’t get any help there.
    Your point about Wichita St. is my main concern about Marshall as a coach. Who do they beat? Maybe they have played stronger regular season schedules in the past, I don’t know. Not knocking him or people’s desire for him as coach but I’ve paid more attention to their wins and losses this year because of our situation so I especially noticed this year.
    (Not trying to turn this thread into a new coach thread; just pointing out that I share the observation about the Aggressive Barleys).

GoldenChain
    Participant

You guys are gonna be sorry you fired that guy when you see the kumbaya moments this week as the Pack finally comes together to capture the ACCT crown for the 1st time since 87 and get that automatic dance ticket punched.

He’s been saying all year this team has a streak in ’em!

Wulfpack
    Participant

If we manage to get past Clemson, Duke will get to kick our teeth in.

Which guarantees us a losing record. You have to work HARD to be a power conference team and end up with a losing record.

BJD95
    Keymaster

also glad the Hole win didn’t put the Blues on opposite sides of the bracket, though I expect the Cuse/Miami winner to beat U*NC anyway…

GoldenChain
    Participant

Wulf I just want to say the “hungry wolf” is my absolute favorite logo.

duckfatrules
    Participant

the picture up above of the Carolina fan wearing number 31 is Perry Henson a prominant lawyer in Greensboro

Wulfpack
    Participant

I haven’t paid attention to State’s OOC ranking because it hasn’t been of importance for quite some time but man it turned out to be a stinker. Good thing they’re not a bubble team; they wouldn’t get any help there.
    Your point about Wichita St. is my main concern about Marshall as a coach. Who do they beat? Maybe they have played stronger regular season schedules in the past, I don’t know. Not knocking him or people’s desire for him as coach but I’ve paid more attention to their wins and losses this year because of our situation so I especially noticed this year.

There aren’t many that will schedule the Shockers. Oh, they just won their conference tourney with a 20 point win over Illinois State.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I see Wake making a run with wins over BC, VT and FSU. That will be enough to clinch it for the Deacs.

choppack1
    Participant

I don’t know what Lunardi is thinking. I sometimes think he hates the ACC – or maybe it’s just the non-tobacco road acc teams.

There is no way that Wake is a last 4 in right now. They have a top 40 RPI, a top 40 sos, a strong ooc schedule. Now, they could poop the proverbial bed and lose to BC, but else they should be in- even with a loss to VA Tech. (Granted, a loss to VA Tech would indeed bubble them, but at this point and time – they are in as a 9 or 10 seed.)

As VA Wolf indicated – the likely wake – tech game loser does result in a nervous Sunday. Right now those – Wake’s #s should equal bid and not no last 4 in seed.

Wulfpack
    Participant

There is no way that Wake is a last 4 in right now. They have a top 40 RPI, a top 40 sos, a strong ooc schedule.

Agreed.

rthomas44
    Participant

This is when it really sinks in how really bad State stunk up the joint.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I suspect that inertia impacts those that try and do a bracket with seeds on a daily basis. To move someone in, you have to move someone else out. To move someone up, you have to move someone down. The hassle far exceeds my maximum acceptable threshold.

That’s why I like my system that’s based on the assumption/ conclusion that what’s worked in the past (in either direction) will work again. If we were following a mid-major, then that would probably end up with a larger uncertainty band than we have seen with ACC teams.

If I want a daily update, I go with the Dance Card since math doesn’t have a memory.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

You guys are gonna be sorry you fired that guy when you see the kumbaya moments this week as the Pack finally comes together to capture the ACCT crown for the 1st time since 87 and get that automatic dance ticket punched.

He’s been saying all year this team has a streak in ’em!

That’s the spirit! Mark it, dudes!!!!

Then only 6 more….

Obviously it’s a negative percent chance, but that thought has passed through my mind.. how insane of a run to win 11 straight. It would be act of God.

eas
    Participant

14 point loss against Clemson in Gott’s final showing (thank goodness). Listening to the announcers cry about that he deserved another year and he shouldn’t have been fired. That just shows how STUPID and bias these folks are. We had our a$$ handed to us AGAIN and he deserves more time? No freaking thank you. Then to say they were studio partners….there is your answer. Screw you announcers, call the game and quit giving your AWFUL opinion. If your opinion mattered you would be coaching and not announcing. Another embarrassing day for a Wolfpack fan.

MrPlywood
    Participant

We had our a$$ handed to us AGAIN and he deserves more time?

Again and again and again, in an epic run of futility beginning with the 51 point beatdown. Gott brought nothing to the table.

mak4dpak
    Participant

What a way to end the season! Terrible game coaching, and preparation, and apparently DSJ has moved on to the pros, since he was certainly a no show today. Let the coaching search begin. May a new era in Men’s basketball begin. Win!

eas
    Participant

I know it doesn’t matter now but I still don’t understand why we kept Gott after he was fired. Regardless of recruits, easier process or respect it made us look like idiots…..Well minus one scenario. Maybe Yow is a genius by showing the world just how $hitty he coached after he was fired. That way when the D-bag media/announcers praised Gott he just kept looking worse. In return making them look like idiots. Me, I would have packed his bags the day he was fired and bought him a steak dinner on the way out.

Let the search get funky and hopefully ending with a good result.

eas
    Participant
    MrPlywood
    Participant

^ Gott: “It’s a hard situation that I never saw coming…”

Now let’s be honest Mark, this just came out of the blue? No warning, no talks about expectations, no nothing? Getting in the tourney? Man, you actually had to work to NOT get in the tourney as an ACC team this year.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Pencil in GT for the NIT.

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Gott is a POS for giving that interview. What a self serving a-Hole. Just take you $$$$$ and ride off into the sunset. I hope you never work as a coach again. No one deserves you and everything that happened you brought on yourself. Grow a pair and take responsibility. Too harsh? I think not.

choppack1
    Participant

Deacs and Hokies game winner clinches a bid and can start making NCAA plans…The loser gets to sweat it out.

Rick
    Keymaster

Frankly if we were not smart enough to put some gag language in his buyout then we deserve to let him run us down. Who didn’t see this coming? The guy has no morals or standards so to expect him to do anything but what he did is naïve at best. Maybe Yow thought their friendship would insulate her but that obviously is not the case. I am glad that POS is gone.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.