Who You Kids Adopting for the Dance?

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Who You Kids Adopting for the Dance?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

This here cracker is going with The King of Track Suits (Huggy Bear, West By God Virginia). LOVE THAT DUDE.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Kentucky, Michigan, Texas, Dayton.

redisgood
    Participant

MTSU. JaQawn Raymond is a really good kid and I was happy to see him win Conference USA this afternoon.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Dayton, Wichita St, Georgia

BJD95
    Keymaster

Totes forgot Raymond was there! Good for him. Don’t need Arch having a good March THIS go ’round. Imma be selfish, methinks.

BJD95
    Keymaster

92, your last two gon’ be in the NIT…

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

My second favorite team….whoever is playing UNC.

My other favorite past time is to pull for a quick exit for the Big-10. This personal tradition goes back to the days of Woody Hayes and Bob Knight when I began to despise the B10. The only exception is Mich St. I think Izzo is a great coach and always enjoy seeing him be successful.

BJD95
    Keymaster

^ Agreed. Plus, Sparty is the closest school to us, spiritually, that I’ve come across.

But I actually won’t watch a game involving either of the Blues unless they are losing badly. Pisses me off too much. Didn’t even watch the final last year.

TheCOWDOG

Izzo.

tractor57
    Participant

Like VA my second favorite team :). Hell I even pulled for ND against the smurfs. Other than that not sure yet.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I have to give UNC-A a shout-out. I heard their coach Nick McDevitt interviewed on a radio station in Everett, WA. The host said something to the effect of “you’re from North Carolina, I guess everybody there is pretty much a TarHeel fan…” and Nick said no, that’s not the case and name checked the Big 4, talked a bit about the history of Tobacco Road, etc. So props to him and his Bulldog Cinderellas.

Adventuroo
    Participant

UConn has one of my votes. I have sort of followed Purvis up there. Watched the last half of the Cincy v. UConn game yesterday. Purvis was a major factor in that game. If you did not see it, it only went to 4 OT’s and Adam (UConn) hit a 70 Ft. trey with 0.3 (or maybe 0.2) left. Cincy had just scored with 0.8 sec left. Opps, should have played some D instead of CELEBRATING. The entire team was just so happy that they failed to actually guard or contest the throw in and Adams nailed it. NOW, obviously there was a LOT of luck in that.

BUT, the emotional impact of that basket took all the starch out of Cincy and UConn had an easy time. Today, despite playing 1.5 games yesterday, they easily took out Temple. Did not watch it as it was GS Soccer game, but caught some of the game on XM. Again, Purvis was a factor. BTW, he is also the Captain.

Haven’t adopted anyone else yet….still too early.

However, the REAL Funny of the ACC Tourney is NOT the game, but the Sponsors. I am expecting a motive candle vigil to erupt in Chapel Hill at any time. All the victims of FN (a German arms manufacturer dating WAY BACK)….I had a 30-06 FN Mauser whilst at NCSU and did a lot of deer hunting with it.

I’ll bet the REAL or Stereotypical UNC folks (who probably do NOT follow Basketball) are aghast and have lit up social media. Probably would be less reaction if Trump scheduled a campaign rally on Franklin Street. Love it….

MrPlywood
    Participant

However, the REAL Funny of the ACC Tourney is NOT the game, but the Sponsors. I am expecting a motive candle vigil to erupt in Chapel Hill at any time.

Can you explain that in terms I can understand? I have no idea what you’re talking about.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

LSU of course. Isn’t everybody?

PackerInRussia
    Participant

My second favorite team….whoever is playing UNC.

Exactly. As NC State fans, we may not always be able to pull for The Pack, but we can usually pull against UNC. Sad I know.

redisgood
    Participant

In addition to JaQawn Raymond, both Rodney Purvis and Tyler Lewis will be dancing, although Butler is on the bubble. Lewis has been relegated to a 10 to 15 minute a game bench player. Either way, Butler and Uconn are two teams I hope have early exits. Should-have-been former Wolfpacker Gary Clark and Cincinnati will likely get in as well. Two former players who won’t be getting in are Tyler Harris and his dad. They should have picked some place other than Auburn as their 12th and final stop.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Sparty is one I always root for unless they’re beating playing us.
    ABC goes without saying. ABMd. Probably ABD this year as well…Allen and Kennard make me dislike Duke more than usual this year (damn honkies).

And once the field is set I’ll adopt two or three others, some based on first round matchups probably.

My biggest hope is that this is the first year a 16 beats a 1, and that Carolina is that 1. Pack the PNC for that one.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

My son is a UVA graduate so I’ll be pulling for the Hoos for his sake.

choppack1
    Participant

What’s most important is that unc-ch doesn’t win it all.

I would like to see UVA win it all or sparty.

I would be tickled for the aggregation factor alone if Duke, Kentucky or Kansas win it all further separating those schools from the evil empire.

Unfortunately, no one may be playing better in the country right now…and if I had to pick a team most likely to win it all it would be them. (With Kansas coming in a close 2nd.)

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I think there’s still a wuss factor involved for the baby blue. I don’t think they’re tough enough to withstand getting punched in the mouth s few times, which inevitably happens come tourney time. Uva is tough but that offense still isn’t good enough to deal the knockout blow

choppack1
    Participant

White shoes – I would have said the last thing before the last 4 games where they have methodically disposed of a 3-4 seed team (Duke), a bubble team (Pitt) a 4 or 5 seed team (Notre Dame) and a 2 seed (UVA).

I think Kansas is more physical and has more weapons but I don’t think they are as disciplined as the cavs.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.