KEYMASTERS – New Poll Suggestion???

Home Forums StateFans Football KEYMASTERS – New Poll Suggestion???

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

At the risk of being called a straggler…living in Candyland…call me what you will…but I still have not turned against DD. I look at the depth chart for the game on Friday, and we are loaded for next year. For every senior we have starting, which are but a few, we have more than capable back ups, with the possible exception of center. And I believe we are building good depth on the offensive line too. I know we have a highly regarded kicker coming.

I have a feeling that DD is very good at building a program. He has improved every facet of recruiting, relationships with high schools, and it seems building team chemistry. He just has not proven that he is good at coaching the game. I always felt the same about Mack Brown. He could never coach a lick, but he sure knew how to get good players. He finally figured out to stay out of the way and let his coaches coach. Maybe that is right or wrong but it is my perception.

I value loyalty very highly, because I appreciate people who are loyal to me. I believe DD has poured his heart into making us successful and I am loyal to him because of it. Of course, I felt the same way about TOB so that is just the way I am. I like being loyal, and I like honoring contracts.

I really do believe we are just that close to breaking through and competing for championships. I am hoping we can begin that climb on Friday. But even if we don’t, I still believe we will have a team next year that can compete and beat anyone on our schedule.

All of the above for me too.

I do think that Doeren is imposing his offensive philosophy on Drink and it’s costing us what we paid for with Drink — an innovative offense capable of scoring a lot of points. Drink was hired because of the offense at his 2 previous schools. We are now ranked #86 nationally. Reading what Doeren has said about offense and connecting the dots has me convinced that Drink is at a minimum inhibited.

Heelh8r
    Participant

That seems true to me, Grey, and is why I advocate DD get out of the way and let the coaches coach. It seems like we at some point abandoned our offense in favor of it being more important for Dayes to get 1000 yards.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.