Jameis Winston says he's staying 2 more years

Home Forums StateFans Football Jameis Winston says he's staying 2 more years

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

This can’t be good news for any of us. If he is able to replicate his freshman year performance for 2 more years he’ll go down as one of the best ever. Of course, that is a tremendous ‘if’.

Link

Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston intends to remain in college for two more seasons ,telling the Associated Press that he wants to stay in school.

That affirms what Seminoles coach Jimbo Fisher said this week.

“Obviously I’m a big baseball person, so that’s an accurate statement because I plan on playing baseball next season anyway,” Winston said.

Winston could have likely been the top overall pick if he was in the draft this year.

“Everybody says, well he’s going to stay one (more) year and leave. … I think it’ll be two,” Fisher said.

Added Winston: “Obviously, I’m not even worried about the draft and stuff like that. I’m worried about winning championships here at Florida State.”

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… As the Number One Noles fan here on SFN….

May I politely disagree with THIS ???

This can’t be good news for any of us.

It’s not like we are gonna contend for a Championship for the next two years…

If anything…. some recruit somewhere might show NC State a little more interest if he’s thinking ….
    “To be the best, you GOTTa play against the best.”

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    phcqmfd
    Participant

yeah he is a preseason all american in baseball, right

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Winston will not be able to resist the money that he’ll have at the ready. If he’s smart, he’ll realize that he’s only one play away from that signing cash evaporating.

TheCOWDOG

When Winston signs his baseball contract in 2015, will Jimbo issue an ultimatum?

tjfoose1
    Participant

It’s not like we are gonna contend for a Championship for the next two years…

Really? Whether or not we’re competing for a National Championship, I still want to beat the ‘Noles, or as they’re known in Gator country, the Criminoles.

I think having Winston behind center makes that less likely, all things being equal. So, “This can’t be good news for any of us.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.