Jacoby is IN for New England

Home Forums StateFans Football Jacoby is IN for New England

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

…and now he’s OUT. Needs surgery on his thumb. That was short lived.

pakfanistan
    Participant
    Wulfpack
    Participant

I recall there were some on these forums saying Jacoby would have no shot in the NFL. We know the same was true for RW and Glenmon. Just goes to show – you never know. I’ve learned my lesson trying to predict such matters one too many times.

Adventuroo
    Participant

My memory does not seem to be the steel trap that it ONCE was….but I am as GOOD ONCE….as I ever was….or something like that.

Did JB have some injury issue(s) at NCSU? For SOME reason, I thought it was a hand or similar to what happened. My DW has a memory of him playing with some fingers taped together.

Can any of you experts clarify or expound on this?

Really glad he had a great start.

choppack1
    Participant

RW looked like he had a bad injury today.

As for Brisset, rumor has it, he was told to throw it to the open man. It is only rumor and I can’t imagine that being true, but if so, that explains a lot.

In year 1, he looked like a pro. In year 2, I thought his main sin was holding onto to the ball too long – but this is the classic “coachable” correction. I also think that it is helpful that for new England. – he doesn’t feel the like HE has to win the game.

john of sparta
    Participant

bottom line: WFU Palmer gone.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Jacoby will start today!

New England does well regardless of QBs.. Tom Brady owes his career to great coaching and fantastic OLines. Put him on the Browns and see how well things go for him. Remember a few years back when Matt Cassel “led” the Pats to an 11-5 record?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Welcome to the NFL, JB….

just not the Pats day…
    feel it, learn it, grow from it!

——————-

200 miles to South…

Russell, bad leg and all, is leading his ‘Hawks to a sound victory…

you know, as much whining and moaning as State Fans do (and all of us have done it)…
    it could be worse…

we could be NYJets Fans Nation…..

——————-

further South… down in Hotlana…

obviously not the Panthers day either, probably not their season for that matter…

Cam still taking big shots….
    somebody ought to protest!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

The Bills ramshackled both of our boys today. Felt bad for Thuney and Brissett.

Not really. They both be sleepin’ with the enemy.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Once a Buffalo Bill Fan, always a Buffalo Bill Fan…. yip-pee-ki-yay!!!

TheCOWDOG

^Once a Buffalo Bill Fan, always a Buffalo Bill Fan…. yip-pee-ki-yay!!!

Damned straight, Bill.

I also grew up as a Notre Dame honk, with Syracuse on the back side.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Go Bills! How I pine for the early 90’s.. Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Pete Metzelaars, Don Beebe, Steve Tasker, Thurman Thomas, Kenneth Davis, Bruce Smith, Darryl Talley, Cornelius Bennett, Steve Christie. Frank Reich balling out in the playoffs against the Oilers, ONLY down 32 points and shocking the world as the backup. Like a fairy tale in which someone forgot to pen the ending. Perhaps it’s yet to be written.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

As I kid, I was a BB fan too!

yip-pee-ki-yay!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

it could be worse…

we could be NYJets Fans Nation…..

OR SDCharger Fan Nation….

idk…. 3 fumbles and one INT in the last 7 minutes to blow a 13pt lead ???
    was this one fixed or what?

What say ye… wiseguys?

TheCOWDOG

Go Bills! How I pine for the early 90’s.. Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Pete Metzelaars, Don Beebe, Steve Tasker, Thurman Thomas, Kenneth Davis, Bruce Smith, Darryl Talley, Cornelius Bennett, Steve Christie. Frank Reich balling out in the playoffs against the Oilers, ONLY down 32 points and shocking the world as the backup. Like a fairy tale in which someone forgot to pen the ending. Perhaps it’s yet to be written.

Love your take, AT. Personally, I pine for Jack Kemp, Billy Shaw, Cookie Gilchrist , Ernie Warlick, George Saimes, Butch Byrd, Marty Shottenheimer, Pete Gogolack, and Paul McGuire…etc al.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Love your take, AT. Personally, I pine for Jack Kemp, Billy Shaw, Cookie Gilchrist , Ernie Warlick, George Saimes, Butch Byrd, Marty Shottenheimer, Pete Gogolack, and Paul McGuire…etc al.

Love it. Although I’m pretty sure you’re a generation before myself I do recognize a few of those names.

Re: Chargers.. I’ve never seen anything like it. Any other team in the history of ALL sports combined allergic to victory like the Super Chargers?

rthomas44
    Participant

JB won’t see the field again this year. Neither will Glennon, PR is just not able to get a break. But Wilson is the man.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Obviously, Rex Ryan was NOT really satisfied with Sunday’s score…
    or the outcome of the pregame scuffle…

Here’s Rex going for extra points in overtime…
    with nobody else on the field.

Classic…

and most people would agree that Patriots, in general, Belichek, in particular, deserve whatever comes their way.

icymi… e$pin

PackerInRussia
    Participant

My mom’s side of the family hails from Buffalo, but they didn’t bring their fan persuasions with them when they moved to the DC area. Instead, we grew up rooting for the home team.
    So, will New England parlay Jacoby’s one quality non-injured start into a valuable trade deal in the future a la Matt Cassel (I realize there was a lot more to Cassel than one start)? If anyone can, the Patriots can. They are the Masters of the Dark Universe.

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.