Interesting Story on TB and the 74 Team

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Interesting Story on TB and the 74 Team

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    highstick
    Participant
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Very cool.
    Gotta love Eastern NC.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Great article!

44rules
    Participant

Great story

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

YogiNC
    Participant

Incredible! As the old saying goes “one man’s life touches another”. The question is “what will you do today with those whose life yours touches?”

Smarter than the average bear

MrPlywood
    Participant

I think the story and TB’s outlook are great. However, I can’t get past the fact that State got a post-season ban for something relatively (IMO) minor. If there was an inflation rate for penalties, the Holes should be sport-less for a decade.

TheCOWDOG

^
    There was fear that all of us (programs) would get a ban.

…For that. To be honest, that’
    s the way it should be.

YogiNC
    Participant

And at the center of that ban was Dean Smith. He was crying because Thompson picked State and his whining got us the ban that year because he knew how good that team was and he was jealous. Just tells another story of what a piece of junk that man’s life was.

Smarter than the average bear

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Fantastic post, Highstick.

IIRC, it wasn’t just the pickup game with EB, but that State allowed DT to spend the night in a dorm at no charge. Still a minor violation, but it all worked out as we kicked butt the 4 years I was there (72-76).

highstick
    Participant

Fantastic post, Highstick.

IIRC, it wasn’t just the pickup game with EB, but that State allowed DT to spend the night in a dorm at no charge. Still a minor violation, but it all worked out as we kicked butt the 4 years I was there (72-76).

True…think there was a blazer involved too, but the “nail in the coffin” probably was Eddie B. being involved. I had totally forgotten that he’d played for the Lakers though. I’m probably one of those who “had a long time from starting at
    State until graduating” so I was in the same freshman class with Eddie B., but was there during DT and TB’s time also. Thank you, Uncle Sam…I guess that was a positive experience because I was still working in Raleigh during the championship year.

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

As the old saying goes “one man’s life touches another”.

^All too true….

While we are granted an occasional glimpse as to the “influence” we all have on each other….
    I am more than certain that the Almighty intended for us not to know…
    as the good things would make us conceited and the bad things would be devastating….
    with neither outcome being beneficial.

Nevertheless… it’s a small world and this not the only TB story of this nature…
    a fact that makes us all smile humbly…on good days and bad days alike.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.