“Interest” in a State-Duke Non-Conference Football Series

Home Forums All StateFansNation “Interest” in a State-Duke Non-Conference Football Series

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

On the heels of the announcement that State and West Virginia will play a home-and-home series in 2018-19, and Mississippi State in 2020-21 (click her
    [See the full post at: “Interest” in a State-Duke Non-Conference Football Series]

Wufpacker
    Participant

“I think it can happen,” Cutcliffe said, “but again its very difficult because all these things are set. It requires you looking at buying out of this game or buying out of that one. I think what all of us need to wait and see is where is this power five going. What;s going to really happen long term. To talk scheduling right now is kind of futile. There are a lot of things changing in college football.”

Cutcliffe is obviously scared to face the juggernaut we are building.

13OT
    Participant

The probable roadblock here will be the ACC Comish. If State and Duke are allowed to play each other during seasons when the ACC doesn’t allow them to play, God knows what could happen next. Why, Wake Forest might declare that they too should be allowed to play likewise, against UNC.

This attempt to salvage longstanding league rivalries would be frowned on by Boston College, Syracuse and Louisville, who would likely complain that these “local” OOC games would be an unfair travel advantage. And we all know that the rights of the expansion ACC teams MUST be protected in this new and improved ACC.

To hell with what fans want. To hell with economic and geographical common sense. To hell with tradition. To hell with ACC administrators, who will most likely throw every roadblock they can come up with at State, Duke or any other charter-member ACC schools in order to prevent the ludicrous idea that State and Duke meet each season on the gridiron. To hell with the ACC TV Network, who would probably complain that no one outside the NC borders would want to watch their telecasts of a State-Duke game. (But State-Georgia Southern? No problem!)

And to hell with the ACC, who after this coming season will, after 20 seasons of football season ticket purchases, will no longer get one more dollar out of my wallet. The reason isn’t nearly so much the sorry brand of football that’s found a home at C-F nearly as much as it is the sorry brand of league administrators who have hijacked what used to be a great conference, and have tried to turn it into an appetizer leading up to their SEC broadcasts.

highstick
    Participant

To hell with Johnny Swofford!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

TheCOWDOG

I remember when a sixpack of Hamms was a buck99, and Marlboros at 29 cent.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I remember when a sixpack of Hamms was a buck99, and Marlboros at 29 cent.

I remember when gas was $0.75?

wolfbuff
    Participant

Games with Duke make sense from a tradition and geographic perspective, but I’d prefer us to develop a rivalry with VaTech if we are going to stay in conference for some of these games.

highstick
    Participant

I can remember a 6 pack of Schlitz at 88 cents, cigs at 16 cents, and gas was cheaper than the 16 cents.

Honestly I’d prefer a regular SEC schedule…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

blpack
    Participant

These games have been talked about for some time. It seems to me it could be worked out if Swoff and the ACC said it was ok. The game makes sense, don’t know why he is dragging his feet on this. #UNCcheats.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.